F96-CE is there an update process?

Moderator: Forum moderators

bean

F96-CE is there an update process?

Post by bean »

Hi is there any update process for F96-CE?

in the older Fossapup9.5 clicking update in the QuickPet updated (i think).

Last edited by bigpup on Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added more info to the topic subject to better show what topic is about.
bigpup

Re: F96-CE

Post by bigpup »

No.

But if you install a browser or some other software, that has internal update ability, you can update it.

If there are any bug fixes or improvements.
F96-CE will get released as a newer version as a new ISO.

Example:
F96-CE_4 is an updated version from the original F96-CE_1

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

mikeslr

Re: F96-CE is there an update process?

Post by mikeslr »

Ditto what bigpup wrote.

Puppy's basic philosophy is "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

When a new OS is published, even by an organization having scores of developers and lots of computers to test it during development, there still may be 'bugs' later discovered by Users trying it under even more computers. Hence the need for 'bug fixes'. Ubuntu made those available during the 1st year or so after Ubuntu Fossa Focal was released. And after Ubuntu Fossa Focal's binaries were woofed to create Fossapup64, some other 'bugs' specific to Fossapup64 may have been discovered. Fossapup64's Quickpet>Update served the purpose of easily supplying those bug fixes to its Users.

F96-CE is a 'rebuild' of Fossapup64. It already has builtin all the necessary bug-fixes and software updates that became available after Fossapup64's initial publication.

As bigpup mentioned, Web-browsers can be updated, or newer versions obtained. F96-CE can use many AppImages and AFAIK, all Mikewalsh's portables, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 734#p48734 as well as other applications more recently published for Fossapup64 or available via links from the Additional Software Section. You'll know which ones have 'Bells & Whistles' that, using older versions, you got along without but now want.

Return to “F96-CE”