How to install Cloudflare Warp in FatDog 814?

Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

Neo_78

How to install Cloudflare Warp in FatDog 814?

Post by Neo_78 »

Could you please guide me how to install Cloudflare Warp in FatDog64 814?

https://developers.cloudflare.com/warp- ... ted/linux/

It looks like the required packages are available here:

https://pkg.cloudflareclient.com/

Thank you!

jamesbond

Re: Cloudflare Warp in FatDog 814?

Post by jamesbond »

1. Download https://pkg.cloudflareclient.com/pool/bookworm/main/c/cloudflare-warp/cloudflare-warp_2023.9.301-1_amd64.deb
2. Once downloaded, right-click and choose "Convert to Fatdog Package Format".
3. On the process is finished, you will find cloudflare-warp-2023.9.301_1-amd64-DEB.txz package. Right-click and choose "Install package".

Tested in 901, the program launches, but that's as far as I can test.
I cannot test on older Fatdogs, sorry.

if the bookworm version does not work, edit the URL in (1) and change the word "bookworm" to "bullseye", or even older, "buster". Hopefully one of them will work.

Neo_78

Post by Neo_78 »

Thanks @jamesbond . I tried bookworm, bullseye and buster, converted the deb file to a Fatdog package in the root directory. When I try to install that package it tells me that it failed... :( When I try to install the same file again, it confirms the installation success but then shows multipe entries in Gslapt (cloudflare-warp, cloudflare-warp...DEB_upgraded). Trying to start warp-cli register from the terminal throws an error: sh: warp-cli: command not found. Am I doing something wrong or is it simply not working in 814? :shock:

Were you able to start bookworm via warp-cli in the terminal in version 901?

jamesbond

Post by jamesbond »

Yes, this is what I see.

Code: Select all

sandbox.cN6tudr# warp-cli 
CLI to the WARP service daemon

Usage: warp-cli [OPTIONS] <COMMAND>

Commands:
  register                     Register with the WARP API, replacing any existing registration (Must be run before first connection!)
  teams-enroll                 Enroll with Cloudflare for Teams
  delete                       Delete current registration
  rotate-keys                  Generate a new key-pair, keeping the current registration
  status                       Ask the daemon to send the current status
  warp-stats                   Retrieve the stats for the current WARP connection
  warp-dns-stats               Retrieve the DNS stats for the current WARP connection
  settings                     Retrieve the current application settings
  connect                      Connect to WARP whenever possible [aliases: enable-always-on]
  disconnect                   Disconnect from WARP [aliases: disable-always-on]
  disable-wifi                 Automatically disable WARP on Wi-Fi networks (disabled for Zero Trust customers)
  enable-wifi                  Allow WARP on Wi-Fi networks (disabled for Zero Trust customers)
  disable-ethernet             Automatically disable WARP on ethernet networks (disabled for Zero Trust customers)
  enable-ethernet              Allow WARP on ethernet networks (disabled for Zero Trust customers)
  add-trusted-ssid             Add a trusted Wi-Fi network for which WARP will be automatically disconnected
  remove-trusted-ssid          Remove a trusted Wi-Fi network
  exclude-private-ips          Exclude private IP ranges from tunnel
  enable-dns-log               Enable DNS logging (Use with the -l option)
  disable-dns-log              Disable DNS logging
  account                      Display the account associated with the current registration
  devices                      Display the list of devices associated with the current registration
  network                      Display the current network information
  get-virtual-networks         List the available virtual networks
  set-virtual-network          Set the currently connected virtual network via the id from get-virtual-networks
  set-mode                     Set the mode
  set-families-mode            Set the families mode
  set-license                  Attach the current registration to a different account using a license key
  set-gateway                  Force the app to use the specified Gateway ID for DNS queries
  clear-gateway                Clear the Gateway ID
  set-custom-endpoint          Force the client to connect to the specified IP:PORT endpoint (Zero Trust customers must run this command as a privileged user)
  clear-custom-endpoint        Remove the custom endpoint setting
  add-excluded-route           Add an excluded IP
  remove-excluded-route        Remove an excluded IP
  get-excluded-routes          Get the list of excluded routes
  get-included-routes          Get the list of included routes
  get-excluded-hosts           Get the list of excluded hosts
  get-included-hosts           Get the list of included hosts
  add-excluded-host            Add an excluded host
  remove-excluded-host         Remove an excluded host
  add-fallback-domain          Add a domain that should be resolved with the fallback resolver instead of WARP's
  remove-fallback-domain       Stop a domain from being resolved with the fallback resolver
  get-fallback-domains         Get the list of domains that go to the fallback resolver
  restore-fallback-domains     Restore the list of fallback resolver domains to its default value
  get-device-posture           Get the current device posture
  override                     Temporarily override MDM policies that require the client to stay enabled
  set-proxy-port               Set the listening port for WARP proxy (127.0.0.1:{port})
  is-mode-switch-allowed       Outputs true if Teams users should be able to change connection mode, or false if not
  reset-settings               Restore settings to default
  get-organization             Get the name of the Teams organization currently in settings
  access-reauth                Force refresh authentication with Cloudflare Access
  get-support-url              Get the support url for the current Teams organization
  get-pause-end                Retrieve the pause end time
  get-override-end             Retrieve the admin override end time
  disable-connectivity-checks  Disable the runtime connectivity checks
  enable-connectivity-checks   Enable the runtime connectivity checks
  dump-excluded-routes         Get split tunnel routing dump. For include-only mode, this shows routes NOT included
  get-alternate-network        Get the name of the currently detected alternate network, if any
  get-dex-data                 Get the most recently uploaded DEX data. Returns the most recent test for each dex metric
  help                         Print this message or the help of the given subcommand(s)

Options:
  -l, --listen      Listen for status changes and DNS logs (if enabled)
      --accept-tos  Accept the Terms of Service agreement
  -v, --verbose...  Enable verbose output. Multiple "v"s adds more verbosity
  -h, --help        Print help
  -V, --version     Print version
sandbox.cN6tudr# 

I think the package conversion fails. You need to be running as "root" when you try to convert the package. If you download the package from the browser, save it, and do not just open rox from it (because you will be running rox as spot). Run rox as root, then convert the package, and then install it.

Please note that even if the conversion is successful, there is a high chance that the warp-cli won't work, because the glibc in 814 is too old, and some 3rd party software like this one only supports the latest and greatest glibc (this is one of the main reasons why we released 900 series).

Neo_78

Post by Neo_78 »

Thanks @jamesbond. After testing this further, I can confirm that it won't run in 814 due to the outdated glibc library that you mentioned.

In 901, I get it installed correctly but run into a couple of issues. First aspect is to get the daemon running:

warp-cli register
Error: "Unable to connect to CloudflareWarp daemon. Maybe the daemon is not running?"

The Cloudflare documentation suggests:

sudo systemctl start warp-svc.service

Checking the "Service Manager" in the control panel, it does not list a warp-svc service. Not sure if this could be added?

So I tried warp-svc start in the terminal, which starts the daemon, with a couple of noticeable errors:

ERROR firewall:: Linux Failed to start firewall with exit code: exit status 1
ERROR: warp::root_ca This OS does not support custom root CA management
ERROR  warp: warp_service::ipc_loop: IPC connection ended with error OS error... code 104 ...connection reset by peer...

So while leaving the daemon running in one terminal window, I then tried:

warp-cli register
Success
warp-cli connect
Success

This suggests that the connection has been created successfully, however:

warp-cli status:

Status update: Disconnected. Reason: Manual Disconnection success

I also tried to disable the firewall and get the same status, which is also confirmed when running curl https://www.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/trace/ -> warp=off :?

Do you have any idea what the issue might be?

Return to “Software”