First Testing and Evaluation of KLA on QEMU VM's

Kennel Linux Arch-based

Moderator: Forum moderators

rockedge
Site Admin

First Testing and Evaluation of KLA on QEMU VM's

Post by rockedge »

Started out evaluating KLA by booting into a qemu VM from ISO . Boot cycle is quick and from setting up the initial Vmachine using the AQEMU wizard to prepare for running KLA-OT2.iso as a CD-ROM drive.

I have a 10 gb virtual HDD qcow2 image ready which I plan on doing a normal frugal install. I like doing this with KLV-Airedale as well since the frugal install method is m y favorite and I strongly beleive is the easiest to set up for persistance or as a "pseudo full intall". I can then with the KLA or KLV booted from ISO test different methods but for a really strong performance I find the normal frugal installation on the qcow2 image virtual HDD is the best performing QEMU machine with a response and quickness matching the host OS!

So far I don't really see too much missing and KLA is a super solid base to start from.

Too reduce the overall ISO size I will attempt to use KLA with a huge Puppy Linux kernel already proven to work in KLA to get the ball rolling. I'll be trying stuff out to get a feel for the system.

I need to finish F96 and push it out the door, make the mumbo jumbo to maybe release a copy of KLV to the world. Maybe a slick web site of just several static pages and some half way documentation.

I realize that there is a lot of well written, detailed documentation and instructions that pertain to FirstRib, KLA and KLV but is scattered around. Some how if it all was in at least a collection together, it would ease us into a live release. I'm chasing text and code snips down all the time most of the time frustrated that I know I just ran across what I'm looking for but now can;t find it on 4 different web sites.

I think Arch Linux fans will like this distro! It's really fast........in QEMU it blazes........

Return to “KLA”