How to switch vanilladpup-9.2.26 language to German?

Moderators: dimkr, Forum moderators

Dietmar

How to switch vanilladpup-9.2.26 language to German?

Post by Dietmar »

Dear all,
I want to tell you me first steps with Vanilla Dpup. I was search for an small OS, to be used with an old Laptop with Centrino CPU. The only thing I need is runing Pulseaudio with bluetooth incl. audio sink, because this Laptop is used only for music playing with bluetooth sound system.
All previous test systems in the past (Damn small linux, Puppy, Tiny Core Linux, Slitaz and some others) failed to get bluetooth running. I assume it is related to my low knowledge, but at the end I did it not getting working.

Now I started with Vanilla Dpup because it based on Debian - which I use for my Main-Desktop, working with Kanotix. But this only mentioned in passing.

After solving the issue with the USB Live Stick I tested Vanilla and I got all needed software working. I am a fan of the music player Guayadeque in combination with Pulseeffects and Pavucontrol. I am really happy, because all of them works directly and I will now install the system on the old Laptop.

Thanks a lot for creating this system based on Debian 11.

Only one question I still have. - Is it possible to switch the system language to german? Or will installation of xfce maby offering german?

Viele Grüße
Dietmar

Feek

Re: Newbe first experience with vanilladpup-9.2.26

Post by Feek »

Only one question I still have. - Is it possible to switch the system language to german? Or will installation of xfce maby offering german?

If I'm not mistaken, you should set main language in Menu->Setup->Quick setup. If this is set correctly, all apps installed from the debian repo should be in your language (if translated).

For built-in apps and possibly the OS itself:
download vanilladpup-9.2.26-extra.tar (you'll find it next to the .iso file in the place where you downloaded the .iso).
Extract it and inside you will find the file nlsx_vanilladpup.....sfs.
Place it next to your savefolder (/mnt/home), then go to Menu->Setup->SFS-Load and load the .sfs file.

dimkr

Re: How to switch vanilladpup-9.2.26 language to German?

Post by dimkr »

Exactly as @Feek described.

In 9.3.x and 10.0.x, nlsx will be part of the ISO so mult-language support will "just work" without having to download an extra SFS.

Dietmar

Re: How to switch vanilladpup-9.2.26 language to German?

Post by Dietmar »

Dear all
thanks a lot - will try so.

Viele Grüße
Dietmar

Return to “Vanilla Dpup”