dpupbuster-32bits-xfce4-PAE-8.0.0-31082020.iso

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects

Moderator: Forum moderators

oui

dpupbuster-32bits-xfce4-PAE-8.0.0-31082020.iso

Post by oui »

Josejp2424 did publish this powerful iso at

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpup/f ... o/download

(where you also find the other ISO's of that Dpup Buster family non PAE, PAE, XFCE4-32 bit, 64 bit, XFCE4-64 bit, all with perfect working PulseAudio, 32 bit versions with GIMP, precedent versions with Pale Moon, the last version from yesterday with most actual Seamonkey. With XFCE, you can use divers keyboard layouts without save file or remaster (but you must include your fonts; better is to remaster in that case... :mrgreen: )

yesterday!

Already try :?:

I did use it this evening: Best, really :thumbup2: :thumbup2: :thumbup2:

But as my laptop has enough RAM, I can't check the limits (RAM and CPU, I have a i7 / 8 GB where the same Dpup Buster 64 bit with XFCE also run without problem, it would be good to rapport which low equipment can be considered as the most low for that big iso with 440 MB!)...
josejp2424

Re: dpupbuster-32bits-xfce4-PAE-8.0.0-31082020.iso

Post by josejp2424 »

oui wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:06 pm Josejp2424 did publish this powerful iso at

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpup/f ... o/download

(where you also find the other ISO's of that Dpup Buster family non PAE, PAE, XFCE4-32 bit, 64 bit, XFCE4-64 bit, all with perfect working PulseAudio, 32 bit versions with GIMP, precedent versions with Pale Moon, the last version from yesterday with most actual Seamonkey. With XFCE, you can use divers keyboard layouts without save file or remaster (but you must include your fonts; better is to remaster in that case... :mrgreen: )

yesterday!

Already try :?:

I did use it this evening: Best, really :thumbup2: :thumbup2: :thumbup2:

But as my laptop has enough RAM, I can't check the limits (RAM and CPU, I have a i7 / 8 GB where the same Dpup Buster 64 bit with XFCE also run without problem, it would be good to rapport which low equipment can be considered as the most low for that big iso with 440 MB!)...

there is also the latest version of xfce4 in 64 bits

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpup/f ... 092020.iso
oui

Post by oui »

thank you very much dear josejp2424!

and the presentation is grandiose!

I am downloading the new 64 version.
Attachments
xfce4pup32.jpg
xfce4pup32.jpg (48.91 KiB) Viewed 2333 times
oui

Post by oui »

viewtopic.php?f=110&t=193&p=4422#p4422 (on German but google trad for josejp2424 at the end)!
oui

Post by oui »

[EN at the bottom! google translation:]

Hola josejp2424

Me encuentro con una gran dificultad: didiwiki no funciona correctamente. Lo borraste de la lista de aplicaciones estándar, pero es una mala idea para todos los cachorros viejos ... Lo estamos usando. ¡Solo necesita unos pocos bytes y es la última aplicación en borrar! Pero, ahora, se borra ...

Sí, podemos agregarlo desde el depósito de Debian. ¡De nada! Pero

- como Puppy creó Puppy user: spot especialmente para didiwiki :mrgreen:
- y el paquete didiwiki de Debian busca al usuario correcto en ~ (en Puppy = root)

¡Este es un diseño no permitido!

Si tu haces

chown spot: spot /root/.didiwiki

la respuesta del sistema
chown spot: spot /root/.didiwiki
chown: /root/.didiwiki: No existe tal archivo o directorio
¡porque no es un archivo, no es un directorio por solo un enlace!

¡Vuelva a integrar didiwiki y se iniciará automáticamente en Puppy!

Para mí, didiwiki es imprescindible y tengo que abandonar cada distribución sin poder alimentar ese pequeño paquete maravilloso.

Saludos cordiales

oui

nota: ¿qué abiword utilizar?

~ ~ ~

Hi josejp2424

I meet a great difficulty: didiwiki doesn't work properly. You did erase it from the list of the standard app' s but it is a bad idea for all old puppyists... We are using it. It needs only a few bytes and it is the last app to erase! But, now, it is erased ...

Yes, we ca add it from Debian depository. Not problem! But

- as Puppy did create Puppy user:spot especially for didiwiki :mrgreen:
- and Debian' s didiwiki package search the right user in ~ (in Puppy = root)

this is a not allowed design!

if you make

chown spot:spot /root/.didiwiki

the system answer
chown spot:spot /root/.didiwiki
chown: /root/.didiwiki: No such file or directory
because it is not a file, not a directory by only a link!

Please reintegrate didiwiki and it' s automatic start properly in Puppy!

For me, didiwiki is a MUST and I have to abandon each distribution not able to power that little wonderful package.

Kind regards

oui

note: which abiword is to use?

~ ~ ~
oui

Post by oui »

Hi josejp2424 [google trad in Spanish at the bottom!]

As it is very important and condition sine qua non for me, I did search a way to trick the system and find it. But it is not the right way! The right way is to reinstall didiwiki properly! And it is more difficult for puppyists, not accostumed to write commando line where rox permit to do it fast an free of some error per drag and drop :lol: . And it is double wakward in a system with a Thunar (because, very different from rox, no column showing the user rights being very important in that case) :mrgreen: !

I did do:

- create a directory /ftp

- assign that directory the group and owner «ftp»

- assign to /root/spot/.didiwiki the group and owner «ftp»

- change dir to /ftp

- login as «ftp»

with

Code: Select all

su ftp

ln -s /root/spot/.didiwiki

exit

cp -a .didiwiki /root/ 
remaster copying it again from /root to /tmp/root at the adequate step!

that did work and later the changes in didiwiki are saved.

I start didiwiki through a link in /root/Startup as proposed in that subdir (also to place in /tmp/root at the adequate step!)

Kind regards

~~~

Hola josejp2424

Como es muy importante y condición sine qua non para mí, busqué una manera de engañar al sistema y encontrarlo. ¡Pero no es la forma correcta! ¡La forma correcta es reinstalar didiwiki correctamente! Y es más difícil para los cachorros, que no están acostumbrados a escribir una línea de comando donde rox permita hacerlo rápido y sin errores por arrastrar y soltar: lol:. Y es doblemente incómodo en un sistema con Thunar (porque, muy diferente de rox, ninguna columna que muestre los derechos de usuario es muy importante en ese caso): mrgreen:!

Lo hice:

- crear un directorio / ftp

- asignar a ese directorio el grupo y propietario «ftp»

- asignar a /root/spot/.didiwiki el grupo y propietario «ftp»

- cambiar dir a / ftp

- iniciar sesión como «ftp»

con

Code: Select all

su ftp

ln -s /root/spot/.didiwiki

exit

cp -a .didiwiki / root /
remasterizar copiándolo de nuevo desde / root a / tmp / root en el paso adecuado!

que sí funcionó y luego se guardan los cambios en didiwiki.

Empiezo didiwiki a través de un enlace en / root / Startup como se propone en ese subdirectorio (¡también para colocarlo en / tmp / root en el paso adecuado!)

Saludos cordiales
salvotnt

Post by salvotnt »

hi

tested dpup 31082020 on vmware. It's not boot !!

what prob have this iso ? every old dpup in my testing session have alot strange bugs, upup instead only work , every new releases (UFFFh) ....
oui

Post by oui »

probably is the use of RAM different on upup as in different other Puppy! and it will be also different depending of the proprieties of your hardware. With 8 GB was the RAM of my laptop, more that 10 y. old, a big one... today it is an average RAM, not more :mrgreen: . or are your upup very small compared with dpupbuster with ab. 440 MB? my supposition is that those OS's are NOT design with the goal to be use preferently in an virtual environment...
01101001b

Post by 01101001b »

Hi @salvotnt!
salvotnt wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:11 am tested dpup 31082020 on vmware. It's not boot !!
Yep, you are right.
salvotnt wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:11 am what prob have this iso ? [...]
It's not a bootable iso. I guess it's meant for users who are already familiar with deploying a puppy system manually. It's not rocket science but... :roll:

''Most people make the mistake of thinking design is what it looks like [...] It's not [...]. Design is how it works.'' -- Steve Jobs

josejp2424

Post by josejp2424 »

salvotnt wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:11 am hi

tested dpup 31082020 on vmware. It's not boot !!

what prob have this iso ? every old dpup in my testing session have alot strange bugs, upup instead only work , every new releases (UFFFh) ....
It is true :? .
I made a delta.
now the uefi works too.
only tested on quemu and virtualbox.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/dpup/f ... .iso.delta.

There is also the iso xfce
+Me

Post by +Me »

G'day Jose mate, Thanx 4 your Buster Dpups, I've Downloaded a few & installed dpupbuster-32bits-xfce4-PAE-8.0.0-14092020 on an intel Acer C720 KromeBook almost successfully eXcept that the TrackPad isn't working, same issue w/ dpupbuster-32bits-intel-Atom-05072020, yet the TrackPad does Work w/ Bodhi-5.1.0-Legacy & the Latest GParted Live 1.2.0-1 i686. Of course I've applied the work around of a USB Mouse, But I'd rather get 2 the bottom of whY & How 2 Fix it, because Puppy iz Certainly my Favorite OS Flavor since 2005!... Please ;-)K

All Blacks Rule

Return to “Puppy Projects”