Testing the Prosilver-new Style

Ideas and discussion

rockedge
Site Admin

Testing the Prosilver-new Style

Post by rockedge »

There will be a short test to see the community' thinks of the style Prosilver-New based on the default prosilver style.

Leave a comment on what you think.

Grey

Re: Testing the Prosilver-new Style

Post by Grey »

Mein Gott! I went to the forum, and here is some kind of pale design theme. I thought something was wrong with my eyes :shock: or the pixels in monitor had faded :) I went in with a password and everything became as before :D

No, well, it's just out of habit. I can get used to everything :)

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@mikewalsh @bigpup have you tested out the style Prosilver-new I have added?

I'm trying it out.....not sure about it yet.

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

rockedge wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:04 am

@mikewalsh @bigpup have you tested out the style Prosilver-new I have added?

I'm trying it out.....not sure about it yet.

Um; yeah, it's OK. Fine for most folks, but I need to stick with my dark themes, I'm afraid.

"ne-blackgreen" just works for me. If "ProSilver (Dark Edition)" hadn't been dark blue text on a dark grey background, I might have been using that one instead.....

It's just a bit hard to read like that. :) I also quite like that "Flat Blue", style-wise. Now, if only it had been available in a darker colour scheme.... :D

(*moan, moan, bitch, bitch....*) :roll: :shock: I know, I know; some folks are NEVER satisfied.....are we? :lol:

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

There are days I mostly use ne-blackgreen because it is easy to read and see.

The whole really light contrast and barely visible text movement is beyond me. I dread using Google Maps because the maps look like a white blank page. I click on a menu to make an opaque layer just dark enough to improve contrast. It's horrible.

I am interested to know if the static nav bar on the top is useful. @mikewalsh I know you can judge a layout for it's pro's and con's that is why I asked.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I'm not certain whether the favicon changed because of this, BUT its very very hard to see in firefox dark theme. (What is a favicon? It's that little icon beside the tab that you have open, such as Google's page being that of a 'G')

IRC: firepup | Time to hack Puppy!

Grey

Post by Grey »

Phoenix wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:23 am

the favicon changed because of this, BUT its very very hard to see in firefox dark theme.

Heh. I like the current favicon. It is clearly visible on a light theme in Chromium. "Away, Dark Forces! The Light ones will win!" :)

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@Phoenix I did change the favicon! For testing how it looks. I will have to investigate whether to keep it or go back to the default picked by the browser.
I haven't looked at the Firefox dark themes yet.

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@rockedge :-

rockedge wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:49 am

There are days I mostly use ne-blackgreen because it is easy to read and see.

The whole really light contrast and barely visible text movement is beyond me. I dread using Google Maps because the maps look like a white blank page. I click on a menu to make an opaque layer just dark enough to improve contrast. It's horrible.

I am interested to know if the static nav bar on the top is useful. @mikewalsh I know you can judge a layout for it's pro's and con's that is why I asked.

You're not the only one who doesn't like Google Maps! In terms of visibility & clarity, I much prefer Bing Maps.

As for the static nav bar, umm.....yes. It's actually better like that, I feel. On all the other themes you have to scroll back to the top to see any of this, so.....from my personal point of view, it works. Others may perhaps not like it being there permanently.

As the old saw goes, "Ye cannae please all of the folks all of the time". In many cases, individuals tend to get stuck in a rut, the longer they use something, and actually become resistant to change. It becomes more pronounced as people get older. This is NOT my observation, it's documented human behaviour!

Hence, a selection of themes is a good idea.....

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Return to “Forum Organization & Structure Council”