Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok

Moderator: Forum moderators

puppy_apprentice

Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok

Post by puppy_apprentice »

Heroine's Quest is an adventure / RPG inspired by the classic Quest For Glory series, and was voted 69th All-Time Best Computer RPG by RpgCodex. Best of all, it's completely free!
https://radiant.itch.io/heroines-quest
Couldn't launch. Maybe someone will have more luck or find the way how to run it.

Should run without Steam account.

Grey

Re: Heroine's Quest: The Herald of Ragnarok

Post by Grey »

puppy_apprentice wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:15 pm

more luck or find the way how to run it.

I unpacked the game and found ags.xx files in the folder, which indicates that the game was made on the Adventure Game Studio engine. So I just launched ScummVM (2.5.1) and added the game there. It works fine, you just need to adjust the screen resolution and graphic filters.

P.S. By the way, when I downloaded the game, there was a game at the bottom of the page. If On A Winter's Night, Four Travelers. We need to see, like something interesting.

P.P.S. The only bad thing is the Russophobic attitude of AGS :D Instead of the Russian translation, there are "krakozyabry" on the screen. I haven't tried to fix it yet. English is fine there:

HQLin.jpg
HQLin.jpg (94.68 KiB) Viewed 946 times

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Return to “Games”