Internet Connection Success

Moderator: Forum moderators

stevie pup

Internet Connection Success

Post by stevie pup »

I've had Bionic 32 on a USB stick for a while now, and I've used it on a few different machines, usually without issue, but with one exception. One of the machines has the infamous Broadcom B43 wifi, and could I connect to internet on that machine? Could I hell as like! I read countless articles about it, and about once a month or so I'd try something else but all attempts failed, and this has been going on for months. That is until today, when suddenly hey presto, I'm connected, and I'm typing this on it now.

So I'm just curious, has anything changed (perhaps more drivers available), or is it just some quirk of fate? Or is it likely it was simply down to me, and I've been missing something in my previous attempts? For interest it was the Frisbee option in the Internet wizard that eventually worked.

April

Re: Internet Connection Success

Post by April »

There is something in the network connection programs that puppies use . Different flavours choose different programs to throw at you and they don't all work the same.
Bionic Pup uses one that is a century old and bloody confusing to use.

One thing I noticed (I'm not a bionic user though) is that on booting if it can't connect to the wifi properly giving 192:168:8:100 in my case , it occasionally has a hiccup and connects to a 258: ? : ? : ? (i'll try find the numbers to go in here).

I thought I might have it in the clipboard . I looked it up and read that it was a last resort thing but I searched just now and blowed if I can find it again . When it does it again I'll put it in. Somebody else might know what that IP is.

When it does that it is like a fall back last resort IP. I don't know if my puppy is doing that or its something inbuilt into my small optus 4G modem. Its a nuisance though because you get no sign it has done that and you sit there waiting for a page to come up and it never does . Finally you realise what it is and reconnect to get it right.

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

Return to “Bionic”