Vivaldi crashes on nearly every page

Post here if you feel others can duplicate your so discovered "bug"

Moderator: Forum moderators

EfficientPup

Vivaldi crashes on nearly every page

Post by EfficientPup »

I was able to rule out browser's fault due to testing on Ubuntu the same versions (portable, v3.7) of Vivaldi and sites. I'm running BionicPup64 8.0 on a VM entry. I tried turning off hardware acceleration and nothing changed. I started Vivaldi in console and I got this error:

Code: Select all

root# /opt/vivaldi/vivaldi.bin --no-sandbox
libva error: va_getDriverName() failed with unknown libva error,driver_name=(null)
[9917:9917:0711/011357.395764:ERROR:viz_main_impl.cc(150)] Exiting GPU process due to errors during initialization
[9889:10001:0711/011357.419942:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(621)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[9889:10001:0711/011357.420277:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(621)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.GetDisplayDevice: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[9889:10001:0711/011357.420530:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(621)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.EnumerateDevices: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[9999:9999:0711/011357.427953:ERROR:vaapi_wrapper.cc(573)] Could not get a valid VA display
[9966:9981:0711/011357.530472:ERROR:command_buffer_proxy_impl.cc(122)] ContextResult::kTransientFailure: Failed to send GpuChannelMsg_CreateCommandBuffer.
[9889:9928:0711/011357.533255:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[9889:9928:0711/011357.533418:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
[9889:9889:0711/011358.872522:ERROR:CONSOLE(0)] "Unchecked runtime.lastError: The messa

A lot of errors and No Idea where to start. The browser opens but not for long, especially once pages are loaded.

PS. How do you paste in console with puppy?

mikewalsh

Re: Vivaldi crashes on nearly every page

Post by mikewalsh »

@EfficientPup :-

Pasting in Puppy is quite simple. Just highlight what you want to copy, then use the middle mouse button to paste into the terminal.

All Chromium-based browsers are extremely "noisy' in the terminal anyway. It's a feature of the Chromium code-base; it's been designed to give an ongoing, real-time debug report all the time it's running. Much of what you see can be safely ignored, although if you know what you're looking for you it IS possible to extract useful snippets of info from the mess.....

If you're running my 'portable' build you should start it from the LAUNCH script. Launching directly from the vivaldi.bin binary bypasses all the Puppy-specific workarounds I've put in place.....

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

EfficientPup

Post by EfficientPup »

@mikewalsh

I'll try tapping with three fingers on my touchpad as there isn't a mouse on that device. I may have to re-config that one.

I was running 3.7, not your portable. Even if I find the culprit its unlikely me or anyone else can figure out what to do about it.

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

EfficientPup wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:55 am

@mikewalsh
I'll try tapping with three fingers on my touchpad as there isn't a mouse on that device. I may have to re-config that one.

I'm all thumbs. Gave up long ago trying any fancy mouse-clicking stuff. On my ToDo list with every new set up is "Install LxTerminal". AFAIK, that can be done on every recent Puppy via Menu>Setup>Puppy Package Manager. Adds 302 K (packed; less than 1 Mb unpacked) to your system.

lxterminal.png
lxterminal.png (27.11 KiB) Viewed 664 times

LxTerminal's Menu>Edit works like geany's: easy 'click, drag to select, copy & paste' to/from and within.

An alternative to LxTerminal was ROXTerm; which is not available under newer Puppys' PPM; requires (PITA) python; has other complications and seems not to have been updated in the last 6 years http://roxterm.sourceforge.net/index.ph ... on&lang=en. gnome-terminal also seems to have dropped support for menus about that time. I don't know of any other console/terminal which still uses menus.

-=-=---=-=--
The 'Preferences' submenu opens a GUI for configuring colors, and selecting fonts and their sizes.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

mikeslr wrote:

An alternative to LxTerminal was ROXTerm; which is not available under newer Puppys' PPM; requires (PITA) python; has other complications and seems not to have been updated in the last 6 years

There's also roxterm-gtk2 (not depending on Python), although old, it works fine for me.
One thing I like about it that it supports drag and drop (e.g. script or binary onto the terminal window)

32-bit .deb: https://github.com/doglinux/busterdog/r ... 1_i386.deb
64-bit .deb: https://github.com/doglinux/busterdog/r ... _amd64.deb
Probably need to install also roxterm-common (noarch):
https://github.com/doglinux/busterdog/r ... -1_all.deb

EDIT: Was in Debian Jessie: https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=roxterm

Fred

williams2

Post by williams2 »

Copy and paste in lxterm's menu is referring to the clipboard buffer.

Urxvt can copy and paste using the clipboard buffer too.
Lxterm's shortcut keys are ctrl+shift+c and ctrl+shift+v
Urxvt's shortcut keys are ctrl+alt+c and ctrl+alt+v
(I'm not sure if ctrl+alt+c actually does anything. If you select text in urxvt, it is copied to the primary buffer, but a perl extension also automatically copies the highlighted text to the clipboard buffer, too, so you can middle click or press crtl+v or ctrl+alt+v to paste.

When you highlight (select) text with the mouse and paste by middle clicking you are not using the clipboard buffer, you are using the primary buffer.
You can also paste in a terminal using the primary buffer by pressing shift+INSERT

When you highlight text in a text editor (like Geany) or a browser (like Firefox) etc etc and press ctrl+c to copy, you are using the clipboard buffer.
When you highlight text and middle click to paste, you are using the primary buffer.

Return to “Bug Reports”