Several issues using bookworm first time

Moderator: Forum moderators

tmv

Several issues using bookworm first time

Post by tmv »

Hello, i've been using puppy for years but yesterday I started with bookworm, I have some issues and I would like to get some help.

First when I try using it with two screens, after selecting which mode you want (mirror screen, just use 2nd, etc) in the past a dialogue would appear asking if it was working properly, if not, 15 seconds later it would revert, the problem, I think it might be a bug, is that that dialogue screen doesnt appear, so it reverts alone, giving me no chance to accept that it works.

Second, using synaptic, I installed emacs, but there appears to be a problem where it cannot compile some pieces of elisp, searching that error, it appears that it doesn't detect them, this is what i get:

Code: Select all

Warning (comp): collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): libgccjit.so: error: error invoking gcc driver Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/url/url-vars.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): libgccjit.so: error: error invoking gcc driver Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/map.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/json.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/password-cache.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-core.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/auth-source.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/url/url-parse.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/url/url-handlers.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/net/mailcap.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/url/url-util.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/url/url-domsuf.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/url/url-cookie.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/url/url-history.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/url/url-methods.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/url/url-expand.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/url/url-privacy.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/url/url-proxy.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/url/url.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/net/browse-url.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/package.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/info.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup.el: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/debian-ispell.el: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/wid-edit.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/cus-edit.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/pp.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging
Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.2/lisp/calendar/time-date.el.gz: Error: Internal native compiler error failed to compile Disable showing Disable logging

Any ideas?

sonny

Re: Need some help with first time using bookworm

Post by sonny »

:welcome: @tmv

Flash

Re: Several issues using bookworm first time

Post by Flash »

@tmv, the forum works better for everyone if you only ask one question per post. Asking several questions mixes up the thread so that it's hard for the people who are trying to help, or someone with the same problem who's following the discussion, to follow. Post as many separate questions as you want, just not in the same thread.
Oh, and if someone asks you a question, please at least acknowledge it. :)

Chaos coordinator :?
bigpup

Post by bigpup »

using synaptic, I installed emacs, but there appears to be a problem where it cannot compile some pieces of elisp

Is this errors when you tried to install emacs?

I will assume emacs downloaded and installed with no errors?

If you are trying to compile, bookwormPup64 needs it's devx.sfs loaded. It has the needed software for compiling.
https://www.smokey01.com/radky/puppy-bo ... 10.0.6.sfs

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

tmv

Post by tmv »

Hi, yes it was installed using synaptic without errors. Emacs compiles after installation some files, not during the install per se.

I tried installing the sfs, and reinstalling emacs and it didn't work :-/

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Should not need to reinstall emacs.

I tried installing the sfs,

Exactly what did you do?

The devx.sfs is not installed but loaded (layered) into the file system.

Did you do this?

Download the devx.sfs to the location /mnt/home (best location for it)
Navigate to that location in Rox file manager.
Left click on the devx.sfs.
From selections offered.
Choose install sfs.
Then say yes to loading it.

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Return to “BookwormPup”