F96-CE-4: Pulse Audio settings not saving

Moderator: Forum moderators

mow9902

F96-CE-4: Pulse Audio settings not saving

Post by mow9902 »

@rockedge @radky
Firstly - thank you for all the work on F96. It is great.

I am using a frugal install of F96 CE 4.
I thought I would share my experience with pulseaudio in case anyone else has the same issue.

From radky's post I understand the file /root/.config/pulse/default.pa is meant to override the default settings in /etc/pulse/default.pa viewtopic.php?t=7905&start=50

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but this does not seem to work for me. If I insert these two lines into /root/.config/pulse/default.pa and then reboot and save, they do not appear to take effect.

• pactl set-sink-port 0 analog-output-speaker

• pactl set-sink-volume @DEFAULT_SINK@ 50%

If I issue the same commands from a terminal they take effect immediately. If I add these two commands into a small script and include in the startup, then they work as required.

...am I misunderstanding something?

gychang

Re: F96-CE-4: Pulse Audio settings not saving

Post by gychang »

mow9902 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:21 am

@rockedge @radky

From radky's post I understand the file /root/.config/pulse/default.pa is meant to override the default settings in /etc/pulse/default.pa viewtopic.php?t=7905&start=50

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but this does not seem to work for me. If I insert these two lines into /root/.config/pulse/default.pa and then reboot and save, they do not appear to take effect.

• pactl set-sink-port 0 analog-output-speaker

• pactl set-sink-volume @DEFAULT_SINK@ 50%

If I issue the same commands from a terminal they take effect immediately. If I add these two commands into a small script and include in the startup, then they work as required.

...am I misunderstanding something?

I have a similar problem of not remembering the setting on reboot on CE-4.
on terminal: pactl set-sink-port 0 analog-output-speaker , I get an error (no valid command specified) but with pactl set-sink 0 analog-output-speaker works (no "-port", obviously default output is different).

======

Puppy Bytes, utube videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-DUU ... u62_iqR-MA

======

Return to “F96-CE”