Problem with ROX when using Fluxbox in Fossapup

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

rek769

Problem with ROX when using Fluxbox in Fossapup

Post by rek769 »

So, I've documented elsewhere a strange problem with ROX when running Fluxbox WM under Fossapup64: viewtopic.php?p=5215#p5215

I'm posting here just in case there are any other Fluxbox users so that my workaround is available.

I believe that the problem is with the Fluxbox window manager and not with ROX or Puppy (although I surmise a recent change to ROX may have exposed the problem). So, I had to decide which was more important...ROX or Fluxbox. I love Fluxbox and wasn't willing to give up some of the fine grained control it provides so I un-installed ROX in favor of SpaceFM. I run the SpaceFM desktop daemon at startup to provide desktop icons (not required if you want a bare desktop).

So, far I've had zero issues other than learning how to configure and setup the new file manager to my liking. I've found it can be made to function and feel almost exactly like ROX with the exception of how it handles mounting/unmounting. I also have found that it has a quite a few other advantages (tabs being the one I find most beneficial).

If there are any other Puppy users who also use Fluxbox, I'd love to hear from you and see if you are having this issue also.

Return to “Fossapup64”