cupsd server error (solved)

Post here if you feel others can duplicate your so discovered "bug"

Moderator: Forum moderators

Phoenix

cupsd server error (solved)

Post by Phoenix »

Puppy: Bionicpup64 8.0
Kernel: 5.10-ck
Simply put without modifying cups at all it does not work, by default! Returns Internal Server Error.
Setting the configuration to debug reveals permissions are denied. Setting 755 recursively on the files is operating with makes no difference. Changing ownership to root:root went terribly due to how a unionfs works in that since the files originally was read only it would write onto my savefile. :(

Last edited by Phoenix on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

IRC: firepup | Time to hack Puppy!

ozsouth

Re: cupsd server error

Post by ozsouth »

@Phoenix - what do you see if you run in a web browser 127.0.0.1:631 in an unmodified bionicpup64?
May also help to run: killall cupsd , & then run: cupsd

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I already did this booting into RAM. The homepage displays fine, as well as nothing amiss in the logs given by cups. However navigating to any other function requiring execv of a .cgi file fails due to permissions.

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Bionicpup64 8.0 has a lot of bug fixes and updates provided by Quickpet->Info->Bionicpup updates

Have you done this update.
Saved and rebooted using the changes?

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@Phoenix :-

Heh. I, too, have never been able to get printing working in Bionicpup64. In my case, it insists it wants a username & password.... Umm; 'kayyy. Username & password for.....what??

I gave up on it a long while ago. If I'm going to want to print summat, I either save the item, and then boot into any one of 5 other Pups where printing does work.....or else give Bionic64 a miss, and use one of those 5 others in the first place.

Since I print quite a bit, needless to say Bionic64 gets the "bum's rush" a lot of the time..... In fact, the "beavers" have been a PITA in many respects. Despite multiple re-installs/updates, Ethernet would never work here; neither would printing. Those are two of the most basic functions for any OS; how can one be released that is so lacking in functionality? I don't blame the Puppy devs, rather the Ubuntu ones; right from the moment of release, there was outcry over tons of stuff that didn't work properly, many of which never DID get 'fixed'.

Canonical attempted too many new ideas at the same time, I suspect. It was one of the more 'forgettable' releases, when all was said & done.

(*shrug*)

Mike. :|

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Can confirm updating again then rebooting doesn't solve the problem. Although its not credential issues.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Same issue with su spot, apparently the kernel was the entire problem... reverting back to my last month build, without modules required by anbox fixed it.

Return to “Bug Reports”