Sites across the world requesting our permission to view

For discussions about security.
Clarity

Sites across the world requesting our permission to view

Post by Clarity »

I went to a site, today, and this popped-up. (These pop-up frequently from time to time)

I offer this to the forum, NOT as a criticism NOR as an endorsement. I have NO POSITION on whether this is right or wrong, good or bad. It is merely info.

This post does NOT beg ANY response by/from anyone, as it is merely placed here for observation: My view is that ALL of the business interest that exist across the world operate with this as premise for whatever product that see to promote/sell. It is merely info.

So understanding that, this is one encapsulation that summarizes a business's open explanation BEFORE I click to ACCEPT to view their site's informational offering.

This post does NOT relate to me in any way, yet it is information that some might want to put in any perspective they choose understanding that it is not our Businesses when we encounter these sites asking our permission to traverse.

THUS, AGAIN, THIS IS MERELY INFORMATION!!!

There is nothing new with this, as we have all seen it in its various forms. Yet, as info, it provides an understanding refresh.

FYI

Here it is:

We and our partners use technologies, such as cookies, and process personal data, such as IP addresses and cookie identifiers, to personalise ads and content based on your interests, measure the performance of ads and content, and derive insights about the audiences who saw ads and content. Click below to consent to the use of this technology and the processing of your personal data for these purposes. You can change your mind and change your consent choices at any time by returning to this site.

With your agreement, we and our partners use cookies or similar technologies to store, access, and process personal data like your visit on this website. You can withdraw your consent or object to data processing based on legitimate interest at any time by clicking on "Learn More" or in our Privacy Policy on this website.

We and our partners do the following data processing:
Extended measurement, Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development, Precise geolocation data, and identification through device scanning, Social media, Store and/or access information on a device

rockedge
Site Admin

Re: Sites across the world requesting our permission to view

Post by rockedge »

dancytron

Post by dancytron »

I think those pop up cookie messages are driven mostly by EU legal requirements.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@dancytron That is correct. We have the capability to do the same pop up. Early on after a period of time testing it on the forum, it was disabled because it's bothersome

Return to “Security”