Amazon fire stick tv hdmi - puppy linux ? How ?

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects

Moderator: Forum moderators

mikewalsh

Re: Amazon fire stick tv hdmi - puppy linux ? How ?

Post by mikewalsh »

@puppytrue :-

Take a look here:-

https://www.techjunkie.com/fire-tv-stic ... r-monitor/

Puppy doesn't even come into the equation. If your monitor has built-in speakers (not many do), you just plug your FireStick into the monitor's HDMI port, fire up the monitor and the FireStick, and you're off. If not, you may need to purchase additional items to add the "missing" audio back again.

This has absolutely nothing to do with software at all (the only software needed is already running on the FireStick, as it's basically an embedded lightweight OS to start with). This is ALL about the hardware.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Clarity

Re: Amazon fire stick tv hdmi - puppy linux ? How ?

Post by Clarity »

@puppytrue I use a "similar" smartTV for my purposes.

My PCs have an HDMI ability via their video card. With the 'right' PUPs, they, OOTB, will use that pathway for both audio and video signaling over the single cable. You merely

1. plug one end of the HDMI cable into your PCs video port and the other end into one of the TVs HDMI port.

2. On the TV, you then access in its apps the HDMI port you have your PC connect to

3. You power up your PUP (I use any modern WoofCE PUP/DOG since beginning 2020) and they discover and use the TV for video-audio signaling.

You can do what is described above with any one of today's smartTVs. Also, some of today's TVs use much less power than old VGA hardware. Now, you can watch TV when you want, run your PUPs/DOGs when you want on over a single wire without the need for wired speakers anymore.

Hope this is helpful

Return to “Puppy Projects”