Request to use this REQUEST subforum

Moderator: Forum moderators

nic007

Request to use this REQUEST subforum

Post by nic007 »

Requests for commonly used software (of any category) and links provided for download. This could be extremely useful and make it an easy find for all. For instance: under a VLC topic requests of all VLC related can be done. I see there is a thread for VLC pets in multimedia but still think it will be an easier find (and specific software related) if posted here. This subforum's name is in capital letters so stands out already (could even make it bold lettering too). Names of software alphabetic too if possible. Open for discussion though. What do you think?
bigpup

Re: Request to use this REQUEST subforum

Post by bigpup »

Good idea!

However, request for software should keep to finding what is requested.
The actual pet or deb package, should be a link to a new topic, posted in the Additional Software appropriate sub section.
Example:
You build a package for the requested software.
Also, make a new topic in Additional Software appropriate sub section, for what you compiled.
Give the requestor a link to that post in Additional Software appropriate sub section.

Do not turn the request topic into the real place to find the compiled software package.

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

nic007

Re: Request to use this REQUEST subforum

Post by nic007 »

Correct, that's the idea. A request and link(s) to download location only. The link could be to any location where the software can be downloaded. At the moment we find that these requests for certain software packages are posted everywhere which is not good (I've been guilty of doing this myself).

Return to “REQUESTS”