Unable to Mount (Solved)

Moderator: Forum moderators

nnriyer

Unable to Mount (Solved)

Post by nnriyer »

Getting below message while mounting other partitions

Failed to execute child process “/tmp/pup_event_frontend/drive_nvme0n1p3/AppRun” (No such file or directory)

williwaw

Re: Unable to Mount

Post by williwaw »

Code: Select all

it's easiest for others to diagnose what went wrong if you copy and paste the terminal command along with the error
then enclose in a code block

</> in the menu bar of the editor above

nnriyer

Post by nnriyer »

Please note that mounting is not through terminal. After restarting the Laptop PC, I am able to mount partitions.

Flash

Post by Flash »

So your problem is solved?

Chaos coordinator :?
nnriyer

Post by nnriyer »

I would like to know the reason behind this mischeavous behavior. Is it bleachbit cleaning?

Flash

Post by Flash »

Is your problem solved?

Chaos coordinator :?
mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

nnriyer, "I would like to know the reason behind this mischeavous behavior. Is it bleachbit cleaning?"

Could be. pup_event_frontend is actually a script in /usr/local/pup_event. But on boot-up/restart a symbolic link is created in tmp. tmp is a TEMPORARY folder designed so that it's content is not preserved. For example, when you execute a Save, all changes to your system are written to your SaveFile/Folder except the contents of tmp. Bleachbit may be wiping it and similar temporary folders automatically.

I don't use bleachbit. Only tried it once, years ago. My flaky memory suggests that it or I configuring it in ignorance wiped something I actually wanted to keep. But it's also possible that I considered it was an unnecessary waste of my time. I run Puppys under PupMode13, see https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 183#p97183. Making use of either Remastering or modifying/creating an adrv and/or ydrv via nicOS-Utility Suite, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 983#p12983 every change made during the last session is wiped on reboot/shutdown and I boot into a pristine system. There is nothing saved other than the datafiles I wanted to save and did; and nothing to clean.

I use portable web-browsers configured to auto-clean on shutdown; but enhanced by addons/extensions for privacy, security and manual cleaning when desired during a session. From time to time I'll modify an adrv.sfs to include an updated and configured web-browser. An adrv.sfs is a READ-ONLY file-system copied into RAM on bootup. So, again nothing to clean. A separate stanza on the boot menu.lst or grub.cfg permits booting PupMode 5 for additional security when desired. Under PupMode 5 after boot-up, no drives or partitions are mounted.

nnriyer

Post by nnriyer »

mikeslr wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:57 pm

Could be. pup_event_frontend is actually a script in /usr/local/pup_event. But on boot-up/restart a symbolic link is created in tmp. tmp is a TEMPORARY folder designed so that it's content is not preserved.

Thank you for the detailed post. You are correct. It seems that "event_frontend" is deleted by bleachbit upon cleaning.

Return to “BookwormPup”