Ancient people and their wheeled tanks and X-ray machines

Grey

Ancient people and their wheeled tanks and X-ray machines

Post by Grey »

Some villain managed to delete the topic about the flat Earth while I was writing a message in it :) I'll have to create a new, more scientific one.
It will do for a Sunday afternoon.

Academic mode is enabled :)
My acquaintance with the theories of the round Earth and the theories of paleocontact began in February 1991. It was then that a small but extremely fascinating brochure was published, which smashed these theories. The author was Yuri Morozov, a member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Paleovisitology. "Traces of ancient astronauts". I still keep this brochure, a great thing filled with common sense :thumbup:

Of course, Erich von Daniken got the most "punches" from Morozov :)
Well, from what I remember well. Stripes and figures on the Nazca plateau, visible from the air, could not be landing signs of aliens. Even Maria Reiche, the famous German researcher of the Nazca geoglyphs, disagreed with Daniken on this issue. Although her theories were not all agreed with scientists.

Then there was the story in which Daniken told that the ancient people had an X-ray machine obtained from aliens :!: The proof is a statue that has the right number of human ribs :) It was already funny. If anyone did not understand, then in those days skeletons of people were lying everywhere and it was not difficult to count the number of ribs :idea:

Well, my FAVORITE case. Fred Melchedegaard from Denmark who saw a wheeled tank. On an ancient fresco. It is now kept in the Seventh Room of the British Museum. It's about the Assyrian attack on the town. Fred says it's a WHEELED TANK. Yes, it seems to see wheels, armor, and even a cannon and a commander's turret.
Usually, fans of ancient tanks shyly show not the whole fresco, they hide the upper part ;) But there are warriors with bows and arrows. A tank attack supported by archers?
This is a battering ram that breaks the wall of a besieged town. Yes, wheeled, but not an alien tank, but the creation of people of those times.
Academic mode is off :)
A wheeled tank with laser cannon, donated to the Assyrians by aliens storms the Seventh Room in the British Museum ;) :

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

mikeslr

Re: Ancient people and their wheeled tanks and X-ray machines

Post by mikeslr »

Perhaps not a villain but proof of the theory I had written but was unable to post. Unfortunately, that text was lost. But it went something like this:

Mike, I think you've overlooked a possibility. Despite that we live on the other sides of 'The Pond' and others, such as ozsouth, on the other side of the world, we assume that we are able to communicate because our transmissions are being relayed by synchronous satellites circling our world.

A couple centuries ago our ancestors engaging in the important activity of using canons on warships to blow each other up ran into a glitch: projectiles didn't travel in a straight line. Their 'work-around' required that they assume that the Earth wasn't flat and make appropriate adjustments. That assumption became our 'common knowledge'. ;)

Perhaps the internet is more powerful than we give it credit. Perhaps XXX (name lost), and many others posting via the internet, live on a different world whose physical laws are different from ours.

The above was more of less what I had written. When I clicked the 'Submit' button I received notice that the "Topic does not exist". That's evidence that my hypothesis may be correct. The wormhole --or whatever-- connecting our world with that other world was closed. This is unfortunate. I'd really like to know what physical laws govern that other world.

d-pupp

Post by d-pupp »

I wonder what will be left of our technology in a few hundred years and how it will be interpreted? :D

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

d-pupp wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:55 pm

I wonder what will be left of our technology in a few hundred years and how it will be interpreted? :D

I can only imagine how these will be interpreted

th.jpg
th.jpg (20.44 KiB) Viewed 761 times
Grey

Post by Grey »

williwaw wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:07 pm

I can only imagine how these will be interpreted

Of course, as an ancient symbol of the phallus. A symbol of fertility, harvest and masculine strength. Only if it is SpaceX, then in the future the images will be found not in India on temples, but in the USA.

And this is the fall of a Russian launch vehicle into the yard of an unsuccessful car owner.
:!: Rocket fuel spilled onto the roof of the car. But it should have spilled down to the ground. An ill-conceived fuel supply system, an experimental model:

the_fall_of_the_Russian _launch_vehicle.jpg
the_fall_of_the_Russian _launch_vehicle.jpg (63.32 KiB) Viewed 698 times

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

The launch vehicle wasn't named Attis by any chance?
George Washington is known as the Father of the US. There's hardly a town along the Eastern sea coast which doesn't have a plaque memorializing "Washington slept here". So, according to the posts on this thread, his monument is appropriate.

Washington Monument.png
Washington Monument.png (175.46 KiB) Viewed 673 times

I wonder what that says about George Eiffel whose tower is almost twice as tall?

mouldy

Post by mouldy »

Technical marvels dont exist in isolation. There has to be necessary infrastructure to build and support and repair them. If that had truly been an alien tank, it would meant the aliens were actively involved in the war. Giving such a thing to people used to fighting with arrows and swords would be pointless. And if they were actively involved in the war, why bother with a tank, most likely they would have much more effective weapons. Explosives for example. Heck one guy with one machine gun and unlimited ammunition could have much better chance success. Course would always be that one archer or spear chucker with extraordinary skill/luck that could take the machine gun soldier out. Thats why there are no one man armies despite some movies out there.

Grey

Post by Grey »

mikeslr wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:19 pm

The launch vehicle wasn't named Attis by any chance?

Unlikely. "As you name the yacht, so it will sail" :)

mouldy wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:36 am

Course would always be that one archer or spear chucker with extraordinary skill/luck that could take the machine gun soldier out.

Once we remembered ancient Greek myths (Attis) and Paris (Eiffel) :idea: After all, almost every story there is just about such a skillful, lucky hero who does everything with one blow.

Achilles had one vulnerable spot - the heel. And that's where Paris shot :arrow: However, the hand of Paris was guided by Apollo.

Was Apollo also an alien and the main competitor of other aliens? Or is Apollo a satellite targeting system from orbit? At the same time, Achilles is a robot with a single vulnerable spot?

greengeek

Post by greengeek »

mikeslr wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:19 pm

I wonder what that says about George Eiffel whose tower is almost twice as tall?

I once knew a lady who had stumbled across him at a nudist beach. Said she got quite an eyeful.

8Geee

Post by 8Geee »

Which reminds me about cameras that use film to make pictures. One had to send the film to someone to develop it, and of course charge $$$ for the service.

Money talks... no, it shouts, so that it doesn't have to hear common sense.

mouldy

Post by mouldy »

8Geee wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:43 pm

Which reminds me about cameras that use film to make pictures. One had to send the film to someone to develop it, and of course charge $$$ for the service.

Photography hobbyists back in day usually set up their own darkroom, course they still had to buy chemicals and supplies. For the average user with their Brownie or Instamatic, there was corner drug store or even those little parking lot kiosks with actual human inside. Talk about boring job. And thus the popularity of Polaroid cameras with self developing film. Snap your pic, camera would expel the picture undeveloped, wait a bit and voila, there is your photo. Quite magical back in the day. Film cost small fortune, but still...

Return to “Off-Topic Area”