Firefox Icons

Moderator: Forum moderators

bert07

Firefox Icons

Post by bert07 »

Puppy has changed the way where Firefox get's the Firefox Icons from. The icons in the chrome folder of Firefox are overwritten bij the icons of the choosen Icon-theme.
It took me a while to figure that out

And for those who dislike the orange-purple Firefox icons (just as I do) , you can bring back the orange-blue icons if you want to.
-
firefox.tar.gz
(62.38 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
The only thing you'll have to do, is to unpack the attached file and than paste and merge the folders in the theme directory of the icon-theme you use, thus overwriting previous "firefox.svg" files.
For that you use the directory /usr/share/icons/"your icon-theme"

Folders in the package are: 16/22/24/32/48/64/scalable, and they all contain the appropriate firefox.svg file.

I tested this on a S15pup64, ImpischPup64, jammyPup32 , VanillaPup64, FossaPup64, F96-CE64 and a Void64Pup. All works well.

I haven't tried to roll back yet, but i assume you can go back to the previous icons just by removing the added files from your savefolder in /usr/share/icons/"your theme".

Otherwise make BEFORE you copy and merge the files, a copy of your icons folder. Just to be sure you can go back if you should wish to do so.

I really dislike those orange-purple icons.

Enjoy!

Main: Debian + Mageia + Windows 10 on a AMD Ryzen 7 machine.

mikewalsh

Re: Firefox Icons

Post by mikewalsh »

Seems a bit "long-winded", IMHO. Wouldn't it simply be easier to put an appropriate icon in either /usr/share/pixmaps OR /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps..?

Ah. You're talking about the 'small' icons, aren't you.....like what appears in the tray, and places like that. Mm. O-kay.....

I gotta confess, having everything 'match' precisely has never been an issue for me. I'm far more interested in whether the browser itself actually WORKS..!! :lol: :lol:

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Return to “Browsers”