XFE-setup to add features

Moderator: Forum moderators

wizard

XFE-setup to add features

Post by wizard »

XFE is a powerful multi-pane file manager. Numerous features can be added to XFE to make it more useful in Puppy, many have been published in this section of the forum.

Each time I setup a new Puppy I found myself repeating the XFE setup configuration work, so I took the time to put them all into a single .pet file. Attached you'll find a .doc file listing all the configuration changes and added features. You may have to make a few changes to suit your personal preferences, but the .pet takes care of all the time consuming setup detail work.

If you are a XFE user, give it a try.

wizard

xfe_1st_setup.doc
(84.5 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
XFE_1st_setup-v2.1.pet
(16.64 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Big pile of OLD computers

geo_c

Re: XFE-setup to add features

Post by geo_c »

wizard wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:35 pm

If you are a XFE user, give it a try.
wizard
xfe_1st_setup.doc
XFE_1st_setup-v2.1.pet

Good stuff. I have a lot of this kind of thing going. What I have been doing is saving appearance themes in multiple xferc files, named things like: xferc-hacker-cyan in a directory accessible to all my puppies, then symlinking that directory into /root/.config/xfe. That way I just copy and overwrite the xferc with the new theme.

Also I have MOUNT_DRV sitting in /mnt.

What I don't have that you have provided is the pet and sfs scripts. Those will be useful.

Also I need to check out how you've linked the bookmarks. It sounds like the bookmark file is linked into xferc. I hadn't thought of that, if that's how you did it. I wonder if the same thing could be done with color settings.

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

tosim

Post by tosim »

@wizard Thanks a lot. I use XFE, and DoubleCommander(when I can).

wizard

Post by wizard »

@geo_c

As far as I know all of XFE's configuration including bookmarks is in xferc. XFE 1.45 is out, but have not looked at it yet.

Thanks
wizard

Big pile of OLD computers

Return to “File Management”