KLA-OT2base-1.0 released (717MiB). Arch Linux pacman full multi-user compatible.

Kennel Linux Arch-based

Moderator: Forum moderators

wiak

Re: Community 'fork' seeking dev lead after release

Post by wiak »

Sofiya wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:57 pm
wiak wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:49 pm
Sofiya wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:29 pm

Economical installation, better than virtual :)

Very nice desktop. KLA remains my personal favourite, because I really like Arch Linux (and its wiki!), despite KLA being packaged in much larger iso form.

I don't know how you do your theming (in fact I know nothing about mechanisms and best ways to change icon themes), but your end results look very good.

Thank you ! @Wiak
You have to set up a lot, install missing parts. The result is beautiful, it's worth it.

You should document the details sometime, Sofiya, if you ever have the time to do that of course. I'm sure others would benefit from your ideas.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

wiak wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:12 pm

documented : https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic. ... 739#p79739

Vanilla Dpup 9.2.X - KLV-Airedale - KLA-OT2
PUPPY LINUX Simple fast free

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

I don't know for everyone or just me. During testing, the following problem was found

when working with a wired network, everything is fine, but when switching to wifi, I can not select any program, and also press the menu :shock:
on a clean install.

wiak

Post by wiak »

Sofiya wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:58 pm

I don't know for everyone or just me. During testing, the following problem was found

when working with a wired network, everything is fine, but when switching to wifi, I can not select any program, and also press the menu :shock:
on a clean install.

I only use wifi connections, Sofiya, so I don't know why you are encountering the issues you describe.
I'm currently focussed on KUL-jamCE (Chromium Edition), and running out of hard disk space so don't have KLA available right now. I'll try and boot a pristine frugal install of KLA later and report back though it worked fine for me before so can't imagine it not working for me now. Are you sure you don't have some upper_changes folder hanging around that is overwriting something and messing up? Is it a normal frugal install to its own directory that you are using - installation method is needed in order to test in same environment.

DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Post by wiak »

on a clean install.

Just made a pristine install. Booted, logged into my WLAN, and all working fine Sofiya. Didn't you try it with wifi long time back? I haven't re-uploaded any new iso since first time.

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

wiak wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:01 am

on a clean install.

Are you sure you don't have some upper_changes folder hanging around that is overwriting something and messing up? Is it a normal frugal install to its own directory that you are using - installation method is needed in order to test in same environment.

absolutely that it is in its directory and there is nothing that could overwrite. then I don’t know what it is ...... some miracles.
upper_changes - done after test.

Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (101.33 KiB) Viewed 9431 times

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

I think let me completely update, because the update takes up a lot of space, almost 300 packages need to be updated. It seems that everything went well, but no, when loading, a kernel panic issued ..... Bummer (:
Not my day. :thumbdown:

./build_firstrib_rootfs.sh arch default amd64 f_00_Arch_amd64-openboxFull_jgmenu_600r2.plug

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

are you building only the root_fs ?? What are you using as a kernel?

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

rockedge wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:46 pm

yes only root_fs .as @Wiak wrote here https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic. ... 555#p73555
What are you using as a kernel? - I don't understand the question, I need to use something else .nothing is written about the core.
assuming that the kernel will be used the same as it was before. vupup version 5.10.x

wiak

Post by wiak »

Sofiya wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:50 pm
rockedge wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:46 pm

yes only root_fs .as @Wiak wrote here https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic. ... 555#p73555
What are you using as a kernel? - I don't understand the question, I need to use something else .nothing is written about the core.
assuming that the kernel will be used the same as it was before. vupup version 5.10.x

What size was the resulting firstrib_rootfs from your build attempt, Sofiya? I presume the build is breaking down somewhere if small result. It has been a while since I released the iso - the build plugin worked fine at that time, but it is possible something upstream has changed such that the build fails now to complete. I will investigate once I hear back from you later.

I actually want to make a new KLA release soon to incorporate some of the latest changes now in KLU-jam and KLV-Airedale, so if you want anything considered for inclusion I'd need a working f_XXX build plugin from you that handles adding what you want (not simple tar.gz - that would be too much assembly work for me at this time). I wouldn't necessarily use your build plugin (depends what is in it!) but I'd extract parts of it for Community release inclusion maybe. First we have to get your initial build working though...

If it did build okay, do remember that the result is in firstrib_rootfs, which is unnumbered on completion. To actually use that as main rootfilesystem, you need to disable the original 07firstrib_rootfs.sfs by renaming it (for example to: D07firstrib_rootfs.sfs) and then rename your newly built directory firstrib_rootfs to 07firstrib_rootfs. All going well, that should now boot correctly (if the build was successful) and thereafter, if you wish you can use:

Code: Select all

mksquashfs 07firstrib_rootfs/ 07anything.sfs  -comp xz -b 512k

after which you can rename the uncompressed directory 07firstrib_rootfs as sy D07firstrib_rootfs to Disable it (ready for later deletion if you wish after testing).

NOTE: That build would fail if your host build system didn't have zstd installed since that is needed to deal with Arch zstd compressed packages.

EDIT: I just tried a quick build since I have FR_AOT2 frugal install on my system. It seems to have built fine for me (per the instructions I gave in that link you refer to above). You need a lot of disk space since the uncompressed firstrib_rootfs ends at around 4.5GB in size.
EDIT2: Yes, my build per the earlier instructions worked and booted fine. I'm posting from the resulting build now. I suspect you forgot the 07 numbering rename (and disabling the original 07firstrib_rootfs.sfs); either that or your system ran out of space during the build?
Later on, once you become confident with the build including making the iso (which we can help you with if you don't know the steps) you could take over this community release KLA development if you want. Then you put whatever you think best into it... though you'd need to keep track of KLV developments to try and keep main facilities in sync (save persistence modes/remastering utilities that are developed on KLV thread, and so on). But absolutely no hurry. I don't hurry - I'm too busy anyway.

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

What size was the resulting firstrib_rootfs from your build attempt, Sofiya?

2.5 GB

wiak

Post by wiak »

Sofiya wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:42 pm

What size was the resulting firstrib_rootfs from your build attempt, Sofiya?

2.5 GB

Should be bigger as I said. My try today was over 4GB

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

wiak wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:27 pm

install package sudo pacman -U path_to_file/pnmixer-0.7.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

PNmixer - for sound I want to put it will display the volume on the screen and works with Pavucontrol .

pnmixer & prescribe for autostart in : /root/.config/openbox/autostart .

the volume on the desktop is now visible.also adjustable with the mouse wheel when hovering over the volume icon in the tray, in the "PNmixer" settings, this is configured.

volume-icon.sh script switched to non-executable mode in Tint2.

new ISO download fixed the wifi issue . Something strange was happening or the image was downloading badly.

Attachments
pnmixer-0.7.2-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
(155.21 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-03 06-17-58.png
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-03 06-17-58.png (36.12 KiB) Viewed 1676 times
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-03 05-53-24.png
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-03 05-53-24.png (309.52 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
Last edited by Sofiya on Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

:thumbup:
added temperature indicator ( poorercputemp-transparent ) - https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic. ... 919#p74919
poorercputemp & prescribe for autostart in : /root/.config/openbox/autostart

Attachments
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-03 11-06-59.png
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-03 11-06-59.png (310.94 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
Last edited by Sofiya on Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

wiak

Post by wiak »

Sofiya wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:49 pm

new ISO download fixed the wifi issue . Something strange was happening or the image was downloading badly.

Would also be interested to know if you've tried a rootfilesystem rebuild to latest from Arch using build_firstrib_rootfs. Worked for me without issues yesterday from the frugal install I had previously made from the downloaded iso.

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

wiak wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:10 am

Would also be interested to know if you've tried a rootfilesystem rebuild to latest from Arch using build_firstrib_rootfs. Worked for me without issues yesterday from the frugal install I had previously made from the downloaded iso.

yes, unfortunately I don't have enough space for that :(

wiak

Post by wiak »

Sofiya wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 am

I know the feeling. The laptop I did all my dev work on for years often had less than a couple of GB left on its hard disk and I was constantly deleting installed distros just trying to make sufficient space for new builds! Completed distros (in the form of sfs files) take up considerably less disk space than the uncompressed root filesystems initially produced in a build. On my newer machine, which has 1 TB drive that issue has all but vanished (well, it had vanished, but surprisingly I have almost filled it up already - though that is just bad-housekeeping on my part - tons of old stuff I should delete).

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

wiak wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:35 am
Sofiya wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 am

I know the feeling. The laptop I did all my dev work on for years often had less than a couple of GB left on its hard disk and I was constantly deleting installed distros just trying to make sufficient space for new builds! Completed distros (in the form of sfs files) take up considerably less disk space than the uncompressed root filesystems initially produced in a build. On my newer machine, which has 1 TB drive that issue has all but vanished (well, it had vanished, but surprisingly I have almost filled it up already - though that is just bad-housekeeping on my part - tons of old stuff I should delete).

1TB wow. unfortunately I can't afford a new car, it sounds sad, but such is life

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

if you suddenly want such a beautiful terminal, you will need
1.script "Pfech" place in /usr/local/bin
2.and ps string prescribe in /etc/bash.bashrc after line 9

pfetch
echo Welcome to KLA-OT2 Openbox
echo
PS1="\[\e[0;36m\]┌──\[\e[0m\][ \[\e[0;33m\]\u\[\e[0m\]\[\e[0;32m\]@\[\e[0;36m\]\h\[\e[0m\] ] [ \[\e[0;36m\]\t\[\e[0m\] ]\n\[\e[0;36m\]├── \[\e[0;32m\]\w\[\e[0;36m\]\n\[\e[0;36m\]└>\[\e[0m\]"

Attachments
pfetch.false.tar.gz
(49.46 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-03 13-01-01.png
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-03 13-01-01.png (35.2 KiB) Viewed 1524 times

wiak

Post by wiak »

Sofiya wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:56 am

1TB wow. unfortunately I can't afford a new car, it sounds sad, but such is life

It is the first time I have possessed a computer that wasn't at least ten years old, but I don't really 'own' it - belongs to the business - I really shouldn't do dev work using it, but I couldn't resist. However, I'm moving to using Qemu virtual machines containing KL distros mainly (or Ventoy booted from usb stick).

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Post by wiak »

Sofiya wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:09 am

pfetch
echo
PS1="\[\e[0;36m\]┌──\[\e[0m\][ \[\e[0;33m\]\u\[\e[0m\]\[\e[0;32m\]@\[\e[0;36m\]\h\[\e[0m\] ] [ \[\e[0;36m\]\t\[\e[0m\] ]\n\[\e[0;36m\]├── \[\e[0;32m\]\w\[\e[0;36m\]\n\[\e[0;36m\]└>\[\e[0m\]"

That's a very nice poor-human's neofetch! Neofetch is a pretty huge install on KLU-jam funnily enough, so the above is a nice wee alternative...
https://github.com/KittyKatt/screenFetch

Nice prompt design by the way.

Last edited by wiak on Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

I agree with you, even if there is more information in Neofetch, but it is cumbersome, for the entire terminal

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

wiak wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:25 am
Sofiya wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:09 am

pfetch
echo

That's a very nice poor-human's neofetch! Neofetch is a pretty huge install on KLU-jam funnily enough, so the above is a nice wee alternative...
https://github.com/KittyKatt/screenFetch

Nice prompt design by the way.

prescribe in /root/bashrc in KLU-jam

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Does the 2nd post of this thread get the latest version or does it only get OT2? Or a better question may be is that version from Nov 2022 the most current OT version?

Curious

wiak

Post by wiak »

Clarity wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:02 pm

Does the 2nd post of this thread get the latest version or does it only get OT2? Or a better question may be is that version from Nov 2022 the most current OT version?

Curious

Per the first post and thread title I don't myself have time at present anyway to develop this KL contribution. The current release is thus first and the only one available for now since no one has taken on the job of developing and building an alternative community-improved version. Certainly Sofiya has posted some pieces that a user could incorporate themself. Assuming no dev lead identifies themselves it is likely I will release a second version, but only a new autobuild using same build plugin since that will automatically pull in the new FirstRib initrd that improved the Thunar side panel mount situation in the likes of KLV-Airedale and KLU-jam. I'm not sure if that will have siimilar effect with the pcmanfm of KLA, but might do - I haven't tried it. Effectively, therefore, aside from new under-the-hood FR initrd the new release, once I get round to that, will be pretty much the 'same' as existing first release, except that any new root filesystem build uses the latest and greatest packages per Arch rolling release repos (and I'll likely include that last Sofiya contibution of pfetch into /user/local/bin since including that is just a quick cut/paste that needs no further testing prior to iso production). Sorry I just can't take on further KLA development just now - KLU-jam and FR build system itself plus FR initrd is more than enough for me at present.

The title of this particular thread thus remains.

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

:welcome:

Attachments
save2flash.gz
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
splash_save.sh.gz
https://forum.puppylinux.com/download/file.php?id=13733
(443 Bytes) Downloaded 35 times
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-04 03-11-17.png
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-04 03-11-17.png (313.12 KiB) Viewed 1606 times

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

Well, to all this we will make rounded corners. This is of course an amateur

Let's install pacman -S picom

configuration file location /etc/xdg/picom.conf

Let's change the settings a bit
the default setting is `xrender` I include "glx" for full transparency- line 216
and corner radius corner-radius = 8 - line 146

and drop the icon in /usr/share/pixmaps

picom.conf :

#################################
#             Shadows           #

# Enabled client-side shadows on windows. Note desktop windows
# (windows with '_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DESKTOP') never get shadow,
# unless explicitly requested using the wintypes option.
#
# shadow = false
shadow = false;

# The blur radius for shadows, in pixels. (defaults to 12)
# shadow-radius = 12
shadow-radius = 7;

# The opacity of shadows. (0.0 - 1.0, defaults to 0.75)
# shadow-opacity = .75

# The left offset for shadows, in pixels. (defaults to -15)
# shadow-offset-x = -15
shadow-offset-x = -7;

# The top offset for shadows, in pixels. (defaults to -15)
# shadow-offset-y = -15
shadow-offset-y = -7;

# Red color value of shadow (0.0 - 1.0, defaults to 0).
# shadow-red = 0

# Green color value of shadow (0.0 - 1.0, defaults to 0).
# shadow-green = 0

# Blue color value of shadow (0.0 - 1.0, defaults to 0).
# shadow-blue = 0

# Hex string color value of shadow (#000000 - #FFFFFF, defaults to #000000). This option will override options set shadow-(red/green/blue)
# shadow-color = "#000000"

# Specify a list of conditions of windows that should have no shadow.
#
# examples:
#   shadow-exclude = "n:e:Notification";
#
# shadow-exclude = []
shadow-exclude = [
  "name = 'Notification'",
  "class_g = 'Conky'",
  "class_g ?= 'Notify-osd'",
  "class_g = 'Cairo-clock'",
  "_GTK_FRAME_EXTENTS@:c"
];

# Specify a list of conditions of windows that should have no shadow painted over, such as a dock window.
# clip-shadow-above = []

# Specify a X geometry that describes the region in which shadow should not
# be painted in, such as a dock window region. Use
#    shadow-exclude-reg = "x10+0+0"
# for example, if the 10 pixels on the bottom of the screen should not have shadows painted on.
#
# shadow-exclude-reg = ""

# Crop shadow of a window fully on a particular Xinerama screen to the screen.
# xinerama-shadow-crop = false

#           Fading              #

# Fade windows in/out when opening/closing and when opacity changes,
#  unless no-fading-openclose is used.
# fading = false
fading = true;

# Opacity change between steps while fading in. (0.01 - 1.0, defaults to 0.028)
# fade-in-step = 0.028
fade-in-step = 0.07;

# Opacity change between steps while fading out. (0.01 - 1.0, defaults to 0.03)
# fade-out-step = 0.03
fade-out-step = 0.07;

# The time between steps in fade step, in milliseconds. (> 0, defaults to 10)
# fade-delta = 10

# Specify a list of conditions of windows that should not be faded.
# fade-exclude = []

# Do not fade on window open/close.
# no-fading-openclose = false

# Do not fade destroyed ARGB windows with WM frame. Workaround of bugs in Openbox, Fluxbox, etc.
# no-fading-destroyed-argb = false

#   Transparency / Opacity      #

# Opacity of inactive windows. (0.1 - 1.0, defaults to 1.0)
# inactive-opacity = 1
inactive-opacity = 0.95;

# Opacity of window titlebars and borders. (0.1 - 1.0, disabled by default)
# frame-opacity = 1.0
frame-opacity = 0.9;

# Let inactive opacity set by -i override the '_NET_WM_WINDOW_OPACITY' values of windows.
# inactive-opacity-override = true
inactive-opacity-override = false;

# Default opacity for active windows. (0.0 - 1.0, defaults to 1.0)
# active-opacity = 1.0

# Dim inactive windows. (0.0 - 1.0, defaults to 0.0)
# inactive-dim = 0.0

# Specify a list of conditions of windows that should never be considered focused.
# focus-exclude = []
focus-exclude = [ "class_g = 'Cairo-clock'" ];

# Use fixed inactive dim value, instead of adjusting according to window opacity.
# inactive-dim-fixed = 1.0

# Specify a list of opacity rules, in the format `PERCENT:PATTERN`,
# like `50:name *= "Firefox"`. picom-trans is recommended over this.
# Note we don't make any guarantee about possible conflicts with other
# programs that set '_NET_WM_WINDOW_OPACITY' on frame or client windows.
# example:
#    opacity-rule = [ "80:class_g = 'URxvt'" ];
#
# opacity-rule = []

#           Corners             #

# Sets the radius of rounded window corners. When > 0, the compositor will
# round the corners of windows. Does not interact well with
# `transparent-clipping`.
corner-radius = 8

# Exclude conditions for rounded corners.
rounded-corners-exclude = [
  "window_type = 'dock'",
  "window_type = 'desktop'"
];

#     Background-Blurring       #

# Parameters for background blurring, see the *BLUR* section for more information.
# blur-method =
# blur-size = 12
#
# blur-deviation = false
#
# blur-strength = 5

# Blur background of semi-transparent / ARGB windows.
# Bad in performance, with driver-dependent behavior.
# The name of the switch may change without prior notifications.
#
# blur-background = false

# Blur background of windows when the window frame is not opaque.
# Implies:
#    blur-background
# Bad in performance, with driver-dependent behavior. The name may change.
#
# blur-background-frame = false

# Use fixed blur strength rather than adjusting according to window opacity.
# blur-background-fixed = false

# Specify the blur convolution kernel, with the following format:
# example:
#   blur-kern = "5,5,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1";
#
# blur-kern = ""
blur-kern = "3x3box";

# Exclude conditions for background blur.
# blur-background-exclude = []
blur-background-exclude = [
  "window_type = 'dock'",
  "window_type = 'desktop'",
  "_GTK_FRAME_EXTENTS@:c"
];

#       General Settings        #

# Enable remote control via D-Bus. See the man page for more details.
# dbus = true

# Daemonize process. Fork to background after initialization. Causes issues with certain (badly-written) drivers.
# daemon = false

# Specify the backend to use: `xrender`, `glx`, or `xr_glx_hybrid`.
# `xrender` is the default one.
#
# backend = "xrender"
backend = "glx";

# Enable/disable VSync.
# vsync = false
vsync = true;

# Enable remote control via D-Bus. See the *D-BUS API* section below for more details.
# dbus = false

# Try to detect WM windows (a non-override-redirect window with no
# child that has 'WM_STATE') and mark them as active.
#
# mark-wmwin-focused = false
mark-wmwin-focused = true;

# Mark override-redirect windows that doesn't have a child window with 'WM_STATE' focused.
# mark-ovredir-focused = false
mark-ovredir-focused = true;

# Try to detect windows with rounded corners and don't consider them
# shaped windows. The accuracy is not very high, unfortunately.
#
# detect-rounded-corners = false
detect-rounded-corners = true;

# Detect '_NET_WM_WINDOW_OPACITY' on client windows, useful for window managers
# not passing '_NET_WM_WINDOW_OPACITY' of client windows to frame windows.
#
# detect-client-opacity = false
detect-client-opacity = true;

# Use EWMH '_NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW' to determine currently focused window,
# rather than listening to 'FocusIn'/'FocusOut' event. Might have more accuracy,
# provided that the WM supports it.
#
# use-ewmh-active-win = false

# Unredirect all windows if a full-screen opaque window is detected,
# to maximize performance for full-screen windows. Known to cause flickering
# when redirecting/unredirecting windows.
#
# unredir-if-possible = false

# Delay before unredirecting the window, in milliseconds. Defaults to 0.
# unredir-if-possible-delay = 0

# Conditions of windows that shouldn't be considered full-screen for unredirecting screen.
# unredir-if-possible-exclude = []

# Use 'WM_TRANSIENT_FOR' to group windows, and consider windows
# in the same group focused at the same time.
#
# detect-transient = false
detect-transient = true;

# Use 'WM_CLIENT_LEADER' to group windows, and consider windows in the same
# group focused at the same time. This usually means windows from the same application
# will be considered focused or unfocused at the same time.
# 'WM_TRANSIENT_FOR' has higher priority if detect-transient is enabled, too.
#
# detect-client-leader = false

# Resize damaged region by a specific number of pixels.
# A positive value enlarges it while a negative one shrinks it.
# If the value is positive, those additional pixels will not be actually painted
# to screen, only used in blur calculation, and such. (Due to technical limitations,
# with use-damage, those pixels will still be incorrectly painted to screen.)
# Primarily used to fix the line corruption issues of blur,
# in which case you should use the blur radius value here
# (e.g. with a 3x3 kernel, you should use `--resize-damage 1`,
# with a 5x5 one you use `--resize-damage 2`, and so on).
# May or may not work with *--glx-no-stencil*. Shrinking doesn't function correctly.
#
# resize-damage = 1

# Specify a list of conditions of windows that should be painted with inverted color.
# Resource-hogging, and is not well tested.
#
# invert-color-include = []

# GLX backend: Avoid using stencil buffer, useful if you don't have a stencil buffer.
# Might cause incorrect opacity when rendering transparent content (but never
# practically happened) and may not work with blur-background.
# My tests show a 15% performance boost. Recommended.
#
glx-no-stencil = true;

# GLX backend: Avoid rebinding pixmap on window damage.
# Probably could improve performance on rapid window content changes,
# but is known to break things on some drivers (LLVMpipe, xf86-video-intel, etc.).
# Recommended if it works.
#
# glx-no-rebind-pixmap = false

# Disable the use of damage information.
# This cause the whole screen to be redrawn every time, instead of the part of the screen
# has actually changed. Potentially degrades the performance, but might fix some artifacts.
# The opposing option is use-damage
#
# no-use-damage = false
use-damage = true;

# Use X Sync fence to sync clients' draw calls, to make sure all draw
# calls are finished before picom starts drawing. Needed on nvidia-drivers
# with GLX backend for some users.
#
# xrender-sync-fence = false

# GLX backend: Use specified GLSL fragment shader for rendering window
# contents. Read the man page for a detailed explanation of the interface.
#
# window-shader-fg = "default"

# Use rules to set per-window shaders. Syntax is SHADER_PATH:PATTERN, similar
# to opacity-rule. SHADER_PATH can be "default". This overrides window-shader-fg.
#
# window-shader-fg-rule = [
#   "my_shader.frag:window_type != 'dock'"
# ]

# Force all windows to be painted with blending. Useful if you
# have a glx-fshader-win that could turn opaque pixels transparent.
#
# force-win-blend = false

# Do not use EWMH to detect fullscreen windows.
# Reverts to checking if a window is fullscreen based only on its size and coordinates.
#
# no-ewmh-fullscreen = false

# Dimming bright windows so their brightness doesn't exceed this set value.
# Brightness of a window is estimated by averaging all pixels in the window,
# so this could comes with a performance hit.
# Setting this to 1.0 disables this behaviour. Requires --use-damage to be disabled. (default: 1.0)
#
# max-brightness = 1.0

# Make transparent windows clip other windows like non-transparent windows do,
# instead of blending on top of them.
#
# transparent-clipping = false

# Specify a list of conditions of windows that should never have transparent
# clipping applied. Useful for screenshot tools, where you need to be able to
# see through transparent parts of the window.
#
# transparent-clipping-exclude = []

# Set the log level. Possible values are:
#  "trace", "debug", "info", "warn", "error"
# in increasing level of importance. Case doesn't matter.
# If using the "TRACE" log level, it's better to log into a file
# using *--log-file*, since it can generate a huge stream of logs.
#
# log-level = "debug"
log-level = "warn";

# Set the log file.
# If *--log-file* is never specified, logs will be written to stderr.
# Otherwise, logs will to written to the given file, though some of the early
# logs might still be written to the stderr.
# When setting this option from the config file, it is recommended to use an absolute path.
#
# log-file = "/path/to/your/log/file"

# Show all X errors (for debugging)
# show-all-xerrors = false

# Write process ID to a file.
# write-pid-path = "/path/to/your/log/file"

# Window type settings
#
# 'WINDOW_TYPE' is one of the 15 window types defined in EWMH standard:
#     "unknown", "desktop", "dock", "toolbar", "menu", "utility",
#     "splash", "dialog", "normal", "dropdown_menu", "popup_menu",
#     "tooltip", "notification", "combo", and "dnd".
#
# Following per window-type options are available: ::
#
#   fade, shadow:::
#     Controls window-type-specific shadow and fade settings.
#
#   opacity:::
#     Controls default opacity of the window type.
#
#   focus:::
#     Controls whether the window of this type is to be always considered focused.
#     (By default, all window types except "normal" and "dialog" has this on.)
#
#   full-shadow:::
#     Controls whether shadow is drawn under the parts of the window that you
#     normally won't be able to see. Useful when the window has parts of it
#     transparent, and you want shadows in those areas.
#
#   clip-shadow-above:::
#     Controls whether shadows that would have been drawn above the window should
#     be clipped. Useful for dock windows that should have no shadow painted on top.
#
#   redir-ignore:::
#     Controls whether this type of windows should cause screen to become
#     redirected again after been unredirected. If you have unredir-if-possible
#     set, and doesn't want certain window to cause unnecessary screen redirection,
#     you can set this to `true`.
#
wintypes:
{
  tooltip = { fade = true; shadow = true; opacity = 0.75; focus = true; full-shadow = false; };
  dock = { shadow = false; clip-shadow-above = true; }
  dnd = { shadow = false; }
  popup_menu = { opacity = 0.8; }
  dropdown_menu = { opacity = 0.8; }
};
Attachments
picom.conf.false.gz
in /etc/xdg/picom.conf
(13.8 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
picom.svg.false.gz
and drop the icon in /usr/share/pixmaps
(5.72 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-04 06-03-39.png
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-04 06-03-39.png (307.07 KiB) Viewed 1586 times
Last edited by Sofiya on Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

wiak

Post by wiak »

Bit tricky to say the least, but the following seems to do the job in the f_ build plugin:

VAR='PS1="\[\e[0;36m\]┌──\[\e[0m\][ \[\e[0;33m\]\u\[\e[0m\]\[\e[0;32m\]@\[\e[0;36m\]\h\[\e[0m\] ] [ \[\e[0;36m\]\t\[\e[0m\] ]\n\[\e[0;36m\]├── \[\e[0;32m\]\w\[\e[0;36m\]\n\[\e[0;36m\]└>\[\e[0m\]"'

{ printf '%s\n' "$VAR";cat /etc/bash.bashrc; } | sed '1{h;d;};/PS1=/g' > ~/.bashrc

No way did I work that out myself. My own attempts failed miserably. Above mechanism basically described part way down here:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... ent-string

'Googling' is a bit part of writing an f_ build plug... Sounds like swearing, I know..., but swearing also occurs when trying to do the above as it happens...

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk »

Only \ is special to sed here. It's easy to escape the backslashes:

VAR='PS1="\[\e[0;36m\]┌──\[\e[0m\][ \[\e[0;33m\]\u\[\e[0m\]\[\e[0;32m\]@\[\e[0;36m\]\h\[\e[0m\] ] [ \[\e[0;36m\]\t\[\e[0m\] ] \$(let e=\$?&&echo [ \[\e[95m\]\$e\[\e[0m\] ])\n\[\e[0;36m\]├── \[\e[0;32m\]\w\[\e[0;36m\]\n\[\e[0;36m\]└>\[\e[0m\]"'

sed "/PS1=/c${VAR//\\/\\\\}" /etc/bash.bashrc >~/.bashrc
Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

A small addition to the management of "Picom"

I'm thinking that I can delete the autostart, since there is an autostart through Openbox ,,,???
with autostart, it can simply be used in other distributions.

picom-gui : in /usr/bin

#!/bin/sh

GTKDIALOG=gtkdialog

export TEXTDOMAIN=picom
export OUTPUT_CHARSET=UTF-8
. gettext.sh 

MAIN_DIALOG='
<window title="Picom" window-position="1">
	<vbox>
	<vbox>
		<text><label>"'"$(gettext "Configure Picom")"'"</label></text>
		<text><label>-------------------------------</label></text>
			<button tooltip-text="'"$(gettext "Configure Picom")"'" width-request="150" theme-icon-size="32">
		        <label>"'"$(gettext "Settings")"'"</label>
				<input file icon="gtk-yes"></input>
				<action> geany /etc/xdg/picom.conf &</action>
			</button>
			<button tooltip-text="'"$(gettext "Start Picom")"'" width-request="150" theme-icon-size="32">
		        <label>"'"$(gettext "Start")"'"</label>
				<input file icon="gtk-yes"></input>
				<action>picom &</action>
			</button>
			<button tooltip-text="'"$(gettext "Stop Picom")"'" width-request="150" theme-icon-size="32">
		        <label>"'"$(gettext "Stop")"'"</label>
				<input file icon="gtk-stop"></input>
				<action>killall picom &</action>
			</button>
				<button tooltip-text="'"$(gettext "start picom a boot up")"'" width-request="150" theme-icon-size="32">
		        <label>"'"$(gettext "autostart at boot")"'"</label>
				<input file icon="gtk-fullscreen"></input>
				<action>ln -s /usr/bin/picom /etc/xdg/autostart &</action>
			</button>
				<button tooltip-text="'"$(gettext "remove start at boot")"'" width-request="150" theme-icon-size="32">
		        <label>"'"$(gettext "remove autostart")"'"</label>
				<input file icon="gtk-leave-fullscreen"></input>
				<action>rm /etc/xdg/autostart/picom &</action>
			</button>
			</vbox>
		<hbox>
			<button cancel></button>
			</hbox>
	</vbox>
</window>'

export MAIN_DIALOG

case $1 in
	-d | --dump) echo "$MAIN_DIALOG" ;;
	*) $GTKDIALOG --program=MAIN_DIALOG ;;
esac

Desktop Entry in /usr/share/applications

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Picom gui
Icon=picom
Exec=picom-gui
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=X-Desktop;Utility;Favorite;
Attachments
picom-gui.false.gz
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
picom.svg.false.gz
/usr/share/pixmaps
(5.72 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-04 19-25-56.png
Снимок экрана от 2023-02-04 19-25-56.png (14.23 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
Last edited by Sofiya on Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “KLA”