Combined messaging apps

wiak

Combined messaging apps

Post by wiak »

Franz, Rambox, Ferdi (defunct I think) and so on. Been but a few posts about these.

I'm currently trying Ferdium https://github.com/ferdium/ferdium-app, which seems to be successor to Ferdi, which itself was a variant on Franz (which has paid options added).

I have been using Whatsdesk and also Whatsapp desktop electron apps as frontend to Whatsapp Web, since once phone logs you in via QR code scan, you can switch phone off and not need it to log in again apparently (unlike whatsapp web itself which needed QR code scanned in next time used again - also needs phone left on I think whereas these electron-based apps don't require that, it seems, though how I don't know, but: it is a big advantage).

Well both Whatsdesk and Whatsapp Desktop for Linux work well from my needs (which I have), but so it seems does Ferdium (did for Whatsapp anyway), and with ability to use many other such web messaging services. My experiments with Ferdium continue.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Re: Combined messaging apps

Post by wiak »

See here for adding Puppy Forum 'service' to Ferdium: viewtopic.php?p=60265#p60265

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@wiak this looks really interesting! Don't really understand yet if this will help me but looks promising.

I am going to give it a go!

UPDATE: I got both Franz and Ferdium going. Franz I started with and stopped once I got Ferdium going in KLV-Boxer I happen to be compiling some packages in. Really fancy! I followed your puppy recipe which works for me as well and Zoneminder Slack channel and WhatsApp with family. Very convenient having all of these main components together on one interface.

I'll copy the puppy recipe and use it for the Zoneminder forum which also is based on phpBB

Screenshot(12).jpg
Screenshot(12).jpg (90.73 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

mmm.. i definitely like it :thumbup:
I will also add a launcher icon

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Ferdium
Exec=/mnt/home/Ferdium-linux-Portable-6.4.0-x86_64.AppImage --no-sandbox %U
Terminal=false