WDL/KL cherrytree notebook(s)

wiak

WDL/KL cherrytree notebook(s)

Post by wiak »

Please find attached the get_WDL01_ctd.sh script (remove dummy tar and make executable) for reliably always downloading latest WDL01.ctd cherrytree build system notebook 01:
To fetch the WDL build system (cherrytree notebook) simply use following command in terminal from directory you want to store the file:

Code: Select all

./get_WDL01_ctd.sh

Obviously you need cherrytree application installed to properly read the notebook (though you can see its multi-line contents in, for example, geany...).

The WDL build system notebook includes core WDL build scripts and utilities (such as wd_mount, gz and xz versions of modify_initrd, and mount/umount_chroot scripts for the firstrib_rootfs and more... to be added to later).

and also weedogit.sh

in cherrytree notebook syntax highlighted code blocks.

A small amount of documentation is also included, which will be expanded later.

Currently the core script: build_weedog_initrd requires some maintenance work, so I have not yet included it in the cherrytree notebook. I have however included the latest build_firstrib_rootfilesystem script, which will probably work for Void Linux based builds, but may need some maintenance for WDL builds using Ubuntu, Debian, Devuan, or Arch Linux. Will update the notebook soon and report back here once ready.

It is possible I have failed to include the absolute latest version of some of the included code, but seemed correct to me (my organisation currently being in a bit of a mess, which notebooks like this are endeavouring to fix). If anyone discovers they already have a later version of any of the included scripts, please let me know...!

Also please let me know if the get script failed to download WDL01.ctd. It worked when I tried it...

EDIT: Note: my cherrytree install is making code block fonts larger than they were originally. I don't know why, though the problem disappears (temporarily) when I delete ~/.config/cherrytree folder prior to starting up cherrytree, though then I have to set cherrytree global File -> Preferences up again to what I prefer (such as no Line Wrapping Indentation, black text on white background, and 'classic' Themes). I don't normally use code blocks (just put code on normal pages) so don't know if this is a program bug or my system issue. Okay, so I found I can fix the code block Font in File -> Preferences -> Fonts (Code Font) to whatever size code text I want... (I use Code Font size 11, but suit yourself). Also different Themes than classic may suit you better. Yes, you can execute any of the code block contents using F5 key, but I'm not sure what directory it would execute in, and probably not advised to do it that way (your risk) ... I think better to cut and paste into actual separate script when you need it.

EDIT2: Currently I'm using rockedge's owncloud to serve files because my WDL github and gitlab sites are out of date and thus under maintenance. In later notebook update I'll include git site urls for stored scripts, so the cherrytree notebook will provide the best of both world. I mainly work via cherrytree kept code and notes but push to git site later, but I don't respond to git site raised issues or pull requests, so don't bother with that. All feedback is via forum for simplicity and accessibility and I will maintain my developed cherrytree notebook(s) and add user documentation re the likes of WDL RAM save persistence modes and grub config options.

Plug-in code contributions and precise efficient documentation contributions are always welcome and encouraged, as are test reports and regular feedback per usual.

wiak

Attachments
get_WDL01_ctd.sh.tar
remove dummy tar, chmod +x, and run script to fetch WDL notebook
(737 Bytes) Downloaded 50 times

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Return to “Software”