Brax - the internet privacy guy & LibreWolf

For discussions about security.
geo_c

Brax - the internet privacy guy & LibreWolf

Post by geo_c »

For those interested in avoiding having their browser fingerprinted, Rob Braxman - the internet privacy guy has a lot of good advice, basically isolating google and facebook log-ins to one browser like Chrome and other website visiting to another browser. I actually do this. I log into google occasionally to fill out time sheets and so forth on one browser, usually ungoogled chromium. And I do most of my work on LibreWolf. Of course I don't use facbook, which we all know is the devil.

Rob has a tool available. Simply visit https://brax.me/geo/ and the page will assign you a fingerprint. If repeated visits to the page produce the same fingerprint, then your browser is easily fingerprinted.

I tried this with LibreWolf. Without shutting down the browser or even closing tabs, I visited the brax.me/geo tool 3 times in a row and got different fingerprints each time. That suggests my settings in LibreWolf are fingerprint resistant. I have them set high even for LibreWolf, and amazingly almost no websites break. Although Braxman suggests not using a lot of ad and tracker blocking as that can be fingerprinted also. But I hate pop-ups and ads, so I keep all the blockers on, Privacy Badger and Ublock Origin.

just an FYI post.

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

Return to “Security”