CubicSDR instalation in puppies 64 with pulseaudio

Moderator: Forum moderators

keniv

Re: CubicSDR instalation in puppies 64 with pulseaudio

Post by keniv »

@Anacleto
Thanks Anacleto, I'm now able to set a group (FM) and bookmark various frequencies to that group, however, if I try and label a frequency as a particular station say "BBC Radio4" when I highlight the frequency then type in the "Label" box the cursor moves as I press each letter on the keyboard but nothing appears in the box. Do you know how to label a particular frequency?

Regards,

Ken.

Anacleto

Post by Anacleto »

Hi keniv

when I highlight the frequency then type in the "Label" box the cursor moves as I press each letter on the keyboard but nothing appears in the box. Do you know how to label a particular frequency?

I have no problem, what you have to select with the mouse the frequency is inside the bookmark, go to the window inside label and write "BBC_radio4" with "_". It may if are writing but you don't see because the text theme and the window is the same, if you drag the mouse over the text you will see it.
I have another theme that I made for me in QuickPub64, it is a dark issue to protect my eyes. You can try it if you like it, is in:

https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 509#p47509

See you.

keniv

Post by keniv »

@Anacleto
Hi Anacleto,
Thanks for the information. I'm now able to label the bookmarks. I downloaded and installed your "dark" theme but it's a bit too dark for me though it did make the typing in the "Label" box in CubicSDR visible. Pity the other themes in /usr/share/themes don't appear in the Menu>Desktop>Appearance pop up box. I wonder why?

Regards,

Ken.

Anacleto

Post by Anacleto »

Hello, I have updated all the PET files, from CubicSDR, eliminating some errors they had. In addition to being able to make it compatible with a new SDR program that I plan to place in a new post that is SDRPP or also known as SDR ++.

Regards.

keniv

Post by keniv »

@Anacleto
Have uninstalled the old .pets and replaced them with the new pets in both Quickpup and Fossapup. Both GQRX and CubicSDR working in Quickpup with audio. In Fossapup GQRX works with audio using apulse. CubicSDR works but no audio. When run in a terminal I now see only one error.

Code: Select all

[ERROR] avahi_service_browser_new() failed: Bad state

I look forward to trying SDRPP when it's ready.

Regards,

Ken.

Anacleto

Post by Anacleto »

Hi Kevin thanks for the testing.

Code: Select all

[ERROR] avahi_service_browser_new() failed: Bad state

This error I think is because it can not find the LimeSDR device, is other type of device different SDR Dongle, or in any case is the driver for this type of device type.

Sdrpp I have it working and I am making the last settings, I don't use it before but it has a very good look and it seems interesting.

Regards

keniv

Post by keniv »

@Anacleto
Hi Anacleto,
Thanks for the explanation of the error. I think your new .pets have reduced the time it takes for both GQRX and CubicSDR to open. I'll have a look on the web to see what I can find on SDRPP so as I have a bit of an idea of what I'm doing as I haven't used it before.

Regards,

Ken.

Anacleto

Post by Anacleto »

Hi....
New pet for Slacko64_8.2.1
Regards.

Return to “Engineering/Science/Simulation”