BBCode for Anchor Links Within a Post

Ideas and discussion

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

I have set up an anchor link system in BBCode to allow navigation within a post using:

Code: Select all

Hyperlink leading to an anchor: use the URL BBCode and only #AnchorName as URL...
[url=#AnchorName]Hyperlink title[/url]

Anchor with no visible link icon (standalone, wrapping some text, wrapping an image):
[anchor name=AnchorName][/anchor]
[anchor name=AnchorName]Word, Title or Paragraph[/anchor]
[anchor name=AnchorName][img]https://www.phpbb.com/assets/images/images/hb-what-is-phpbb.png[/img][/anchor]

Anchor with visible link icon (standalone, wrapping some text, wrapping an image): add "visible=yes"...
[anchor name=AnchorName visible=yes][/anchor]
[anchor name=AnchorName visible=yes]Word, Title or Paragraph[/anchor]
[anchor name=AnchorName visible=yes][img]https://www.phpbb.com/assets/images/images/hb-what-is-phpbb.png[/img][/anchor]

Authors of lengthy detailed documentation like @wiak might find this useful to be able to pinpoint specific points in a post with a clickable link.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

I am new to Anchor use in a BBS, so forgive the naive in this question: "Does an anchor reference within a post or is it wider, say, within a thread, or even wider ...?" (I did read the title, but want to be sure)

Will an anchor setting or reference be a choice of the 'Post A Reply' screen?

Thanks in advance for an answer

Makoto

Re: BBCode for Anchor Links Within a Post

Post by Makoto »

You have to manually add the anchor points. They're simply a reference point regarding anything in a post you want to be able to jump directly to, when you're giving links to the post to others.

[ FossaPup64 9.5, Frugal install ]

Return to “Forum Organization & Structure Council”