How to use Coinomi cryptocoin wallet in Puppy Linux?

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

john51

How to use Coinomi cryptocoin wallet in Puppy Linux?

Post by john51 »

How to install Coinomi wallet in Puppy Linux?

Ubuntu Bionic 64 x86_64 64-bit BionicPup64 8.0
installed in a pendrive
Full

Coinomi wallet
https://www.coinomi.com/en/downloads/
https://storage.coinomi.com/binaries/de ... x64.tar.gz

---------
taersh

Re: How to install Coinomi wallet in Puppy Linux?

Post by taersh »

Hi.

What is Coinomi Wallet ?

My Music:
https://soundcloud.com/user-633698367
Using my own build of Bionic64
The far-left is as fascist as the far-right is!

john51

Post by john51 »

taersh wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:30 pm Hi.

What is Coinomi Wallet ?

it´s a Wallet for Bitcoin...
mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@ John51:-

Hallo.....and Image to the 'kennels'.

Mm. Well, Coinomi is not one I would choose to turn into a .pet anyway. It's Java-based, and is totally self-contained, designed to run as a 'portable' application.

Any application that you turn into a .pet will, by its very nature, take up space in your save-file/folder. This is almost 150 MB in size, so will occupy a fair chunk. The .pet package format is better for stuff up to and around 30 MB, I suppose; over that, you're better off looking to build SFS 'load-on-the-fly' packages.

This thing, however, doesn't really need all that.

All you need to do with this - and you'll need to be running a 64-bit Puppy, 'cos this is 64-bit only - is to download it; unzip the tarball; then move the resulting Coinomi directory into the root directory of your Puppy (in most cases, this is /mnt/home), at the same level as your save-file/folder. Click to enter the Coinomi directory, then click on the Coinomi executable to fire it up. It has its own self-contained Java 'install', and everything points inside the Coinomi directory; be prepared to wait several seconds, 'cos Java-powered stuff takes a godawful amount of time to fire up. Java is, however, cross-platform in nature; this is why it's available on all the major platforms.....it wouldn't have taken much in the way of modification to do so, y'see.

You can drag the Coinomi executable onto the desktop to use as a launcher, and, if you wish, you can tart it up with an icon as well.

We'll be more than happy to explain about building packages, though do be aware it's a bit of an art-form; it's not something you can just learn overnight. Takes quite a bit of practice, and you'll need to be prepared for a bit of a learning curve. Don't be disheartened if you find you're not cut-out for packaging; it takes a certain "mind-set", and you need to be extremely well-organised, and know about chasing down missing dependencies and all the rest of it.....

Anways; hope that little lot helps.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Flash

Post by Flash »

One more thing I'd add to what Mike said: if Coinomi won't start when you click on its executable, try right-clicking on the executable, choose permissions, then yes, to make it executable.
Chaos coordinator :?

Return to “Beginners Help”