inkscapelite: segmentation fault on xenialpup64 when trying to use text tool

Moderator: Forum moderators

Dingo

inkscapelite: segmentation fault on xenialpup64 when trying to use text tool

Post by Dingo »

Woof Woof!

I used for the first time today inkscapelite and tried to type a text into, but when I try to use the text tool, at time I try to type any text, it gives to me a segmentation fault

Code: Select all

** (inkscapelite:11650): WARNING **: Emergency save activated

** (inkscapelite:11650): WARNING **: Emergency save completed, now crashing...
Segmentation fault

is there any log location where I can get more info about this segmentation fault? Are you able to use inkscapelite on your machine without segfault when trying to use text tool?
unlike from xenialpup64, in xenialpup32, inkscapelite works normally when i use text tool

It seems my Lenovo L440 is doomed with graphic stuff. Who knows if also this is related to kernel? I'll Boot with other kernel I downloaded: 4.9.13 and 4.4.70 to check if it is this the case

April

Re: inkscapelite: segmentation fault on xenialpup64 when trying to use text tool

Post by April »

I don't think you will get any log info for a seg fault . That means the coded instructions being followed in your machine just hit a dead end with nowhere to go and just closed down.

I would look at your install of inklight maybe uninstall it then reinstall . I find that when I uninstall one program I don't like to save space ,the procedure sometimes takes away programs that are needed in other programs and are shared.

A bit hard for a programmer trying to have an uninstall program for his production knowing what you might have on your machine also.
Also check its a 64 bit program you install.

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

JakeSFR

Re: inkscapelite: segmentation fault on xenialpup64 when trying to use text tool

Post by JakeSFR »

For 64-bit builds, the following patch is needed: https://oldforum.puppylinux.com/viewtop ... 27#p900927

Apparently, Xenialpup64's Inkscapelite was built without it.

Greetings!

[O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource
Omnia mea mecum porto.
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Many thanis @April @JakeSFR I'll try to rebuild from sources after applied patch

ThruHammer

Post by ThruHammer »

Then too, this AppImage may work aboard Xenial64.

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

I have applied a lot of patches to inkscapelite.

In EasyOS Dunfell-series, most packages are compiled in OpenEmbedded. I have attached the recipe and patches from OE.

The inkscapelite_*.bb recipe file has a lot more stuff in it than you would normally have to do to compile it, as OE is a cross-compiler, and inkscapelite compiling is not cross-compiler-friendly.

Anyway, I found it to be unstable in 64-bit environment, no longer use it. EasyOS has the full inkscape.

Off-topic:
Just for the info, the complete OE build system can be found here:

http://distro.ibiblio.org/easyos/project/oe/dunfell/

...if you are brave enough to try it (see the readme.txt), the build takes at least 9 hours. One thing I noticed not mentioned in that readme, OE requires 'awk' to be at /usr/bin -- some pups have it at /bin. Requires a skilled developer, to handle any issues, and read the very complex OE user manual. Though, it depends on the host system, it may just run right through without any hiccups.

Attachments
inkscapelite.tar.gz
(6.17 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

ThruHammer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:56 pm

Then too, this AppImage may work aboard Xenial64.

it starts and works fine, but when I try to export images, the application crashes

Code: Select all

Setting _INKSCAPE_GC=disable as a workaround for broken libgc
Run experimental bundle that bundles everything

(process:10956): Gtk-WARNING **: 21:52:03.126: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.avail/53-monospace-lcd-filter.conf", line 10: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not work as expected

(org.inkscape.Inkscape:10956): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 21:52:27.756: Settings schema 'org.gtk.Settings.FileChooser' does not contain a key named 'show-type-column'
/tmp/runinterminal-10951: line 3: 10956 Trace/breakpoint trap   "/tmp/Inkscape-e86c870-x86_64.AppImage"
Script completed hit RETURN to close window.

while this previous inkscape build works without pains
https://www.appimagehub.com/p/1288974/

ThruHammer

Post by ThruHammer »

Software like life is trial'n error. Good to hear you found one that covers your needs.

April

Post by April »

Yes Women are like that too the man tells me.

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

Return to “Xenial”