Video Editor LIVES

Moderator: Forum moderators

April

Video Editor LIVES

Post by April »

I have been trying to get the excellent video editing program "Lives" to run properly in xenialpup64-7.5

The video s fine .I cannot get any sound out . It defaults to "sox" I think but that doesn't work .
I d/l pulse ...but cant get the server to even start and the same with jack .

Seems something needed is missing in xenial and I am not experienced in Audio to fix it..

If anyone has it running with audio please let me know how you did it .

I'd really like to use it to clean up my saved clips.

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

puddlemoon

Re: Video Editor LIVES

Post by puddlemoon »

Well, I had tried lives a year or so ago and had a bad experience. I just tried it again and remembered why...
I use jack daily and am familiar with the awkwardness it can present.
So I installed it on fossapup and I had no luck getting any sound... it didn't want jack to be running already but didn't successfully start it either... I used qjackctl to start and stop jack and to make connection but it never presented ports to connect to...
Sox also produced no sound. Tried with different sound cards. and I was not about to install pulse audio to test...

Certainly it could be made to work but I do find it a rather unpleasant program, so I will be uninstalling now...

So yeah, not just your setup. sorry I couldn't offer a solution.

taersh

Post by taersh »

Use Kdenlive instead. It's the best GNU/Linux video editor and I think there's a version in Quickpet for Xenial.

My Music:
https://soundcloud.com/user-633698367
Using my own build of Bionic64
The far-left is as fascist as the far-right is!

wiak

Post by wiak »

If you really want to try LIVES, it works in WeeDogLinux_Arch64, but you have to install it from Arch AUR community repo, so if you have no experience with that you'd likely find it tricky (not WDL_Arch64, but installing from AUR...).

LIVES worked for me in WDL_Arch64 with sound (first using jack, and second time tried also successfully with pulseaudio). I know nothing much about configuring either jack or pulseaudio correctly, but fortunately upstream Arch does and hence just works out of the box for me.

What I can't say is how stable or useful LIVES is. It certainly looks great and I opened a test video in it and managed to rotate it 90 degrees (each frame), but I also managed to successfully crash it via various attempted operations - I cannot document how, since just tried it quickly)...

wiak

EDIT: just tried rotate 90 deg again, and promptly crashed (I think it successfully rotated all frames the last time, but I didn't try playing it back so maybe it would have crashed then too). Pity, really looks useful/great program - maybe in time it will be the best. But for now... EDIT2: on second run after the crash, it has failed to reconnect to pulseaudio - fine on reboot. I don't know how to get back to jack from here (fails to do that from inside the app itself now - I should have stuck with jack in first case maybe, but generally I think the program is flaky...).

Attachments
lives_on_WDL_Arch64.png
lives_on_WDL_Arch64.png (138.17 KiB) Viewed 1373 times

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

I tend to agree with taersh.

Either KDEnlive.....or Openshot. Both have versions in the Xenial repo that just work, reliably.....with no audio issues. I'm in a new 32-bit frugal Xenial right now, to which I've just installed both of the afore-mentioned editors. These are "must-haves", as far as I'm concerned.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

April

Post by April »

Well thanks gents.
I installed both because I've got plenty of room .
Kdenlive cant find the shared object file libphonon4qt5.so.4 so I downloaded it separately and plastered copies of it everywhere it still couldn't find it . Maybe looking for just libphonon4qt5.so. so I'll fiddle some more .

Openshot I installed via quickpet . I have tried many times before . Hate to do it but have a go at the error messages on that. It gets a blue screen briefly up and then crashes after launch,..Frustrating

Code: Select all

root# kdenlive
kdenlive: error while loading shared libraries: libphonon4qt5.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
root# openshot
xdg-icon-resource is missing. Skipping ./bin//openshot-qt.wrapper.
Loaded modules from current directory: /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin
      launch:INFO ------------------------------------------------
      launch:INFO    OpenShot (version 2.4.1)
      launch:INFO ------------------------------------------------
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqeglfs.so" 
Found metadata in lib /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqeglfs.so, metadata=
{
    "IID": "org.qt-project.Qt.QPA.QPlatformIntegrationFactoryInterface.5.2",
    "MetaData": {
        "Keys": [
            "eglfs"
        ]
    },
    "className": "QEglFSIntegrationPlugin",
    "debug": false,
    "version": 328193
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("eglfs") 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqkms.so" 
Found metadata in lib /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqkms.so, metadata=
{
            "kms"
        ]
    },
    "className": "QKmsIntegrationPlugin",
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("kms") 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqlinuxfb.so" 
Found metadata in lib /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqlinuxfb.so, metadata=
{
            "linuxfb"
        ]
    },
    "className": "QLinuxFbIntegrationPlugin",
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("linuxfb") 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqminimal.so" 
Found metadata in lib /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqminimal.so, metadata=
{
            "minimal"
        ]
    },
    "className": "QMinimalIntegrationPlugin",
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("minimal") 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqminimalegl.so" 
Found metadata in lib /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqminimalegl.so, metadata=
{
            "minimalegl"
        ]
    },
    "className": "QMinimalEglIntegrationPlugin",
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("minimalegl") 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqoffscreen.so" 
Found metadata in lib /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqoffscreen.so, metadata=
{
            "offscreen"
        ]
    },
    "className": "QOffscreenIntegrationPlugin",
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("offscreen") 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqxcb.so" 
Found metadata in lib /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqxcb.so, metadata=
{
            "xcb"
        ]
    },
    "className": "QXcbIntegrationPlugin",
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("xcb") 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/platforms" ... 
loaded library "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqxcb.so" 
loaded library "Xcursor" 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platformthemes" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/platformthemes" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforminputcontexts" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/platforminputcontexts" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/generic" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/generic" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/styles" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/styles" ... 
         app:INFO openshot-qt version: 2.4.1
         app:INFO libopenshot version: 0.1.9
         app:INFO platform: Linux-4.9.58-x86_64-with-glibc2.4
         app:INFO processor: x86_64
         app:INFO machine: x86_64
         app:INFO python version: 3.4.3
         app:INFO qt5 version: 5.2.1
         app:INFO pyqt5 version: 5.2.1
    language:INFO Qt Detected Languages: ['en-US']
    language:INFO LANG Environment Variable: en_US.UTF-8
    language:INFO LOCALE Environment Variable: en_US
    language:INFO Skipping English language (no need for translation): en_US.UTF-8
    language:INFO Skipping English language (no need for translation): en_US
project_data:INFO Setting default profile to HDV 720 24p
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/iconengines" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/iconengines" ... 
         app:INFO Setting font to /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/images/fonts/Ubuntu-R.ttf
logger_libopenshot:INFO Connecting to libopenshot with debug port: 5556
         app:INFO Setting custom dark theme
     metrics:ERROR Failed to Track metric: can't decompress data; zlib not available
     metrics:ERROR Failed to Track metric: HTTPConnectionPool(host='www.google-analytics.com', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /collect?cd1=0.1.9&cd3=5.2.1&cid=a79121cf-9715-49e3-bdfd-4615ab015101&an=OpenShot+Video+Editor&tid=UA-4381101-5&cd2=3.4.3&aid=org.openshot.openshot-qt&cd=initial-launch-screen&v=1&aip=1&ua=Mozilla%2F5.0+%28X11%3B+Linux+x86_64%29+AppleWebKit%2F537.36+%28KHTML%2C+like+Gecko%29+Chrome%2F37.0.2062.120+Safari%2F537.36&t=screenview&cd5=--&cd4=5.2.1&av=2.4.1&ul=en (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f9c54719748>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))
     metrics:ERROR Failed to Track metric: HTTPConnectionPool(host='www.google-analytics.com', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /collect?cd1=0.1.9&cd3=5.2.1&cid=a79121cf-9715-49e3-bdfd-4615ab015101&an=OpenShot+Video+Editor&tid=UA-4381101-5&cd2=3.4.3&aid=org.openshot.openshot-qt&cd=main-screen&v=1&aip=1&ua=Mozilla%2F5.0+%28X11%3B+Linux+x86_64%29+AppleWebKit%2F537.36+%28KHTML%2C+like+Gecko%29+Chrome%2F37.0.2062.120+Safari%2F537.36&t=screenview&cd5=--&cd4=5.2.1&av=2.4.1&ul=en (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f9c5439c390>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqgif.so" 
Found metadata in lib /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqgif.so, metadata=
{
    "IID": "org.qt-project.Qt.QImageIOHandlerFactoryInterface",
            "gif"
        ],
        "MimeTypes": [
            "image/gif"
        ]
    },
    "className": "QGifPlugin",
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("gif") 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqico.so" 
Found metadata in lib /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqico.so, metadata=
{
            "ico"
        ],
            "image/vnd.microsoft.icon"
        ]
    },
    "className": "QICOPlugin",
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("ico") 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqjpeg.so" 
Found metadata in lib /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqjpeg.so, metadata=
{
            "jpg",
            "jpeg"
        ],
            "image/jpeg",
            "image/jpeg"
        ]
    },
    "className": "QJpegPlugin",
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("jpg", "jpeg") 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() looking at "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqsvg.so" 
Found metadata in lib /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqsvg.so, metadata=
{
            "svg",
            "svgz"
        ]
    },
    "className": "QSvgPlugin",
}

Got keys from plugin meta data ("svg", "svgz") 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/imageformats" ... 
loaded library "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqsvg.so" 
link SVGID_18_-5 hasn't been detected!
link SVGID_18_-5 hasn't been detected!
link SVGID_22_-5 hasn't been detected!
link SVGID_24_-2 hasn't been detected!
link SVGID_24_-2 hasn't been detected!
loaded library "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqgif.so" 
loaded library "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqico.so" 
loaded library "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqjpeg.so" 
     ui_util:INFO Initializing UI for MainWindow
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionNew_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme document-new not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionOpen_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme document-open not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionSave_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme document-save not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionUndo_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme edit-undo not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionSaveAs_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme document-save-as not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionImportFiles_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme list-add not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionImportImageSequence_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionRedo_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme edit-redo not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionRemoveClip_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme list-remove not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionRemoveTransition_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionExportVideo_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme media-record not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionUploadVideo_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme folder-remote not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme system-shutdown not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionAddTrack_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionPreferences_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme document-properties not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionPlay_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme media-playback-start not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionJumpStart_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme go-first not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionRewind_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme media-seek-backward not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionFastForward_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme media-seek-forward not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionJumpEnd_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme go-last not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionArrowTool_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionRazorTool_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionSnappingTool_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionAddMarker_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionPreviousMarker_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme go-first not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionNextMarker_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme go-last not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionFilesShowAll_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionFilesShowVideo_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionFilesShowAudio_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionFilesShowImage_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme edit-clear not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionTransitionsShowAll_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionTransitionsShowCommon_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionEffectsShowAll_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionEffectsShowVideo_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionEffectsShowAudio_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionTimelineZoomIn_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme zoom-in not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionTimelineZoomOut_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme zoom-out not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionTitle_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme font not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionAnimatedTitle_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme video-x-generic not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionFullscreen_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme view-fullscreen not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionAbout_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme gtk-info not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionThumbnailView_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme view-list-icons not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionDetailsView_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme view-list-details not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionReportBug_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme dialog-error not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionAskQuestion_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme im-message-new not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionTranslate_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme stock_person not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionDonate_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme bookmark-new not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionHelpContents_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme help not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionSimple_View_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme go-home not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionAdvanced_View_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme get-hot-new-stuff not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionFreeze_View_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme locked not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionUn_Freeze_View_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme locked not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionShow_All_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme document-open-recent not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionProfile_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionAdd_to_Timeline_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionPreview_File_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme media-playback-start not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionRemove_from_Project_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionFile_Properties_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionRemoveTrack_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionRemoveMarker_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionAddTrackAbove_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionAddTrackBelow_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionRemoveEffect_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionSplitClip_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme edit-cut not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionProperties_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme document-properties not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionRenameTrack_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme gtk-edit not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionUpdate_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme package-upgrade not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionTutorial_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme im-message-new not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionAnimation_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionLockTrack_trigger
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionUnlockTrack_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme transform-move not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionEditTitle_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme gtk-edit not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionDuplicateTitle_trigger
     ui_util:WARNING Icon theme edit-copy not found. Will use backup icon.
     ui_util:INFO Binding event MainWindow:actionClearHistory_trigger
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/sensors" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/sensors" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/bearer" ... 
QFactoryLoader::QFactoryLoader() checking directory path "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bearer" ... 
 files_model:INFO updating files model.
transition_model:INFO updating transitions model.
effects_model:INFO updating effects model.
effects_model:INFO category: Video
properties_model:INFO updating clip properties model.
 main_window:INFO InitCacheSettings
 main_window:INFO cache-mode: CacheMemory
 main_window:INFO cache-limit-mb: 250
 main_window:INFO Creating CacheMemory object with 262144000 byte limit
preview_thread:INFO QThread Start Method Invoked
preview_thread:INFO initPlayer
 main_window:ERROR Unhandled crash detected... will attempt to recover backup project: /root/.openshot_qt/backup
    tutorial:INFO process tutorial dialogs
Caught signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
---- Unhandled Exception: Stack Trace ----
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqxcb.so (                                           + 0x5365c)  [0x7f9c59def65c]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqxcb.so (                                           + 0x3de7d)  [0x7f9c59dd9e7d]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqxcb.so (                                           + 0x30731)  [0x7f9c59dcc731]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libQt5Gui.so.5 ( QWindow::create()                         + 0x3e  )  [0x7f9c722d3efe]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libQt5Widgets.so.5 ( QWidgetPrivate::create_sys(unsigned long long, bool, bool)  + 0x18a )  [0x7f9c729cb33a]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libQt5Widgets.so.5 ( QWidget::create(unsigned long long, bool, bool)  + 0xdc  )  [0x7f9c729a7dcc]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libQt5Widgets.so.5 ( QWidget::setVisible(bool)                 + 0x31a )  [0x7f9c729b081a]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/PyQt5.QtWidgets.so ( sipQWidget::setVisible(bool)              + 0x6c  )  [0x7f9c73351c9c]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/PyQt5.QtWidgets.so (                                           + 0x2d224c)  [0x7f9c7333624c]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 ( PyEval_EvalFrameEx                        + 0x6d79)  [0x7f9c75dd67a9]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 ( PyEval_EvalCodeEx                         + 0x886 )  [0x7f9c75dd9936]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 ( PyEval_EvalFrameEx                        + 0x6742)  [0x7f9c75dd6172]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 ( PyEval_EvalCodeEx                         + 0x886 )  [0x7f9c75dd9936]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 (                                           + 0x209f66)  [0x7f9c75dd9f66]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 ( PyObject_Call                             + 0x68  )  [0x7f9c75d3b718]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 (                                           + 0x15155d)  [0x7f9c75d2155d]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 ( PyObject_Call                             + 0x68  )  [0x7f9c75d3b718]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 (                                           + 0xcabf9)  [0x7f9c75c9abf9]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 (                                           + 0x1745f6)  [0x7f9c75d445f6]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 ( PyEval_EvalFrameEx                        + 0x44cd)  [0x7f9c75dd3efd]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 (                                           + 0x209f66)  [0x7f9c75dd9f66]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 (                                           + 0x15155d)  [0x7f9c75d2155d]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 (                                           + 0xcabf9)  [0x7f9c75c9abf9]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 (                                           + 0x1745f6)  [0x7f9c75d445f6]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 ( PyEval_EvalFrameEx                        + 0x44cd)  [0x7f9c75dd3efd]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 ( PyEval_EvalFrameEx                        + 0x6c5c)  [0x7f9c75dd668c]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 ( PyEval_EvalCode                           + 0x3b  )  [0x7f9c75dda0cb]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 (                                           + 0x24d6ad)  [0x7f9c75e1d6ad]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 ( PyEval_EvalFrameEx                        + 0x6d79)  [0x7f9c75dd67a9]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/libpython3.4m.so.1.0 ( PyEval_EvalCode                           + 0x3b  )  [0x7f9c75dda0cb]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/launch ( main                                      + 0x797 )  [0x4040e7]
  /lib64/libc.so.6               ( __libc_start_main                         + 0xf0  )  [0x7f9c75609830]
  /initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/launch (                                                   )  [0x4043f0]
---- End of Stack Trace ----
QLibraryPrivate::unload succeeded on "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqgif.so"  
QLibraryPrivate::unload succeeded on "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqico.so"  
QLibraryPrivate::unload succeeded on "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqjpeg.so"  
QLibraryPrivate::unload succeeded on "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/imageformats/libqsvg.so"  
QLibraryPrivate::unload succeeded on "/initrd/mnt/tmpfs/tmp/.mount_R1NoNl/usr/bin/platforms/libqxcb.so"  
QLibraryPrivate::unload succeeded on "Xcursor" (faked) 
root# 

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@April :-

I can take an educated guess at what's happened here.

Prior to Xenialpup, the only version of Openshot available was the older 1-series (1.4.3, I believe). After Xenialpup, the only version available was the newer, Qt5-based 2-series (which also went 64-bit only).

Xenialpup was created during the 'transitional' period, and consequently had both newer AND older versions alongside each other in the repos.

As I found out myself, Quickpet automatically installs the newer version.....and early 2-series Openshot AppImages are a complete PITA to do anything with. I'd recommend using the PPM, and, after updating the databases, search for "openshot" (all small letters).....and choose to install Openshot 1.4.3. This is a fully-functional release; 2-series Openshots added a boat-load of 'bling', but not much else.....

After installing Openshot, you'll need to search for, and also install, 'frei0r-plugins' (that's a 'zero', NOT a letter 'o'). This is needed, but the PPM never seems to pick up on this during installation. Having done that, Openshot should fire up straight-away from the MenuEntry.

Mike. ;)

April

Post by April »

That worked and I have sound . Thanks Kind Sir.
It still will not export with sound it seems but its something to work on.
All good seem to have fixed itself
Great stuff

gychang

Post by gychang »

mikewalsh wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:40 am

@April :-

As I found out myself, Quickpet automatically installs the newer version.....and early 2-series Openshot AppImages are a complete PITA to do anything with. I'd recommend using the PPM, and, after updating the databases, search for "openshot" (all small letters).....and choose to install Openshot 1.4.3. This is a fully-functional release; 2-series Openshots added a boat-load of 'bling', but not much else.....

After installing Openshot, you'll need to search for, and also install, 'frei0r-plugins' (that's a 'zero', NOT a letter 'o'). This is needed, but the PPM never seems to pick up on this during installation. Having done that, Openshot should fire up straight-away from the MenuEntry.

Mike. ;)

This works very well, thanks.

======

Puppy Bytes, utube videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-DUU ... u62_iqR-MA

======

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Just as an "aside" to this thread - though still related, the 2-series Openshots in Puppy have confounded me.

I run jrb's 'lite' spin on BK's Quirky64 "April" 7.0.1. Because this is essentially Tahrpup-era, several of my regular apps won't run natively any longer. However, in so many little ways, this is my favourite 64-bit Puppy, and has for long enough been my 'daily driver'. So; to get around the afore-mentioned issue, I run Xenialpup64 as a "chroot" environment, specifically for being able to use these newer applications.

Curiously, for some odd reason, the 2-series Openshot AppImages will run perfectly from within the "chroot" Puppy. I also run Xenialpup64 as its own install. If I attempt to run these same 2-series AppImages in Xenial64, on 'bare metal', they fall flat on their faces, and point-blank refuse to function! On top of which, I never get to see IF the app actually functions or not.....because "X" crashes. EVERY time!

So I run the older 1.4.3 on bare metal, but 2.5.1 from the "chroot"... Doesn't make much sense, does it? :?

Mike. ;)

muggins

Post by muggins »

VirtualDub2, running via wine, works well for editing vids. It does have the occasional crash, but just restart & it will be fine.

http://www.virtualdub2.com/

And why I like it, and avidemux, is you just edit a video, not open a "project".

gychang

Post by gychang »

mikewalsh wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:42 am

I tend to agree with taersh.

Either KDEnlive.....or Openshot. Both have versions in the Xenial repo that just work, reliably.....with no audio issues. I'm in a new 32-bit frugal Xenial right now, to which I've just installed both of the afore-mentioned editors. These are "must-haves", as far as I'm concerned.

Mike. ;)

Is there a openshot that work in 32bit xenialpup?

======

======

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@gychang :-

Just install it from the PPM. This is 1.4.3 - 2-series aren't available for Xenial 32-bit.

(You aren't missing a lot, either....)

Don't forget; frei0r-plugins will need installing separately. It ought to be "picked-up" during install, but it never is. Openshot will run without it, but some transitions don't function correctly, and you always get an annoying pop-up at launch.....which for some unknown reason comes up behind the main window, and until you close it, the main window seems unresponsive. Which it WILL be.....until you 'OK' & close the pop-up.

Mike. ;)

gychang

Post by gychang »

mikewalsh wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:05 pm

@gychang :-

Just install it from the PPM. This is 1.4.3 - 2-series aren't available for Xenial 32-bit.
(You aren't missing a lot, either....)
Don't forget; frei0r-plugins will need installing separately.
Mike. ;)

actually I perfer shotcut, any chance working in 32 or 64bit XenialPup?

======

======

Return to “Xenial”