Starting a new topic in Hardware

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

TiredPup

Starting a new topic in Hardware

Post by TiredPup »

I noticed that there are "new topic" buttons in various forum categories, however there is not one in the hardware section of the forum. Can that be fixed so that new topics may be introduced there?

UPDATE:

I do not know what happened the first time that I tried to start a thread in the Hardware category. The "new topic" button was not available and I was logged in.

When I returned to the forum I found that the new topic button is available. :?:
rockedge
Site Admin

Re: Starting a new topic in Hardware

Post by rockedge »

I had to adjust the permissions for the hardware category/forum. When a forum or sub forum is created the permissions have to be adjusted, default is everything is turned OFF.

Adjustments will be occurring as we learn more on how to get the most out of our forum software.
TiredPup

Re: Starting a new topic in Hardware

Post by TiredPup »

rockedge wrote:
I had to adjust the permissions for the hardware category/forum. When a forum or sub forum is created the permissions have to be adjusted, default is everything is turned OFF.

Adjustments will be occurring as we learn more on how to get the most out of our forum software.
Thank you for your response and for the work you have put in creating this forum. I wondered if it was a permissions issue. I had a thought about posting links or other information regarding rcrsn51's extensive work with printers. When I noted that you had adjusted permissions so that I could post in that category I was undecided about that. Do you want that posted as a thread in hardware or do you want sub categories like the old forum?

Return to “Beginners Help”