Unable to change wallpaper with Nitrogen

Moderator: BarryK

hansessene

Unable to change wallpaper with Nitrogen

Post by hansessene »

Hi Barry,

I installed Easy OS Void. I installed nitrogen to change the wallpaper but I am unable to do so.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BarryK

Re: Unable to change wallpaper with Nitrogen

Post by BarryK »

You have reminded me; I will remove EasyVoid, as it is superseded by QV.

Anyway, EasyVoid or QV, a foreign desktop wallpaper manager will not work.

EasyOS and QV have ROX Filer file manager, which also handles the wallpaper.
Wallpaper can only be selected via Qwallpaper, in the Desktop category of the menu.

hansessene

Post by hansessene »

Thanks Barry

Running the latest snapshot of QV now. I notice the network does not work when X is restarted. Same for Easy OS Kirkstone. The screen starts flashing. I also got a message "godpw" in my url in firefox from a potential hacker who doesn't appreciate your hard work in removing annoying password prompts from the interface.

Regards,
Bhaskar

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

hansessene wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:26 am

Thanks Barry

Running the latest snapshot of QV now. I notice the network does not work when X is restarted. Same for Easy OS Kirkstone. The screen starts flashing. I also got a message "godpw" in my url in firefox from a potential hacker who doesn't appreciate your hard work in removing annoying password prompts from the interface.

Regards,
Bhaskar

Each sentence is alarming and confusing.
The last sentence "I also got a message "godpw" in my url in firefox from a potential hacker who doesn't appreciate your hard work in removing annoying password prompts from the interface." is very confusing. Potential hacker? Have you or have you not been hacked?
Note, I don't recall anyone ever posting to this forum that their installation, of any pup-variant, being hacked.
The statement about "your hard work in removing annoying password prompts from the interface" is meaningless to me.
Don't recall anyone using QV or EasyOS posting that restarting X causes network failure.

I suggest that you provide more precise and concrete details.

hansessene

Post by hansessene »

Hi Barry,

Sorry that my post has caused reason for alarm. In the past I have experienced (since the Quirky Unicorn days) every puppy linux distro being hacked on my personal computer. Currently I am using a Dell Optiplex 3090 workstation and considered Easy OS Kirkstone as my every day linux desktop OS. I live in India and I dont know how safe the government sponsored ISP is, especially in the international township of Auroville, where my Office is located, in the Centre for Scientific Research.

I have always admired the Puppy Quirky EasyOS releases and love to use them. And I follow your progress on bkhome.org and easyos.org. I am just informing my experience with quirky and easyos.

Note: I could not run Quirky Unicorn on my workstation as it has only UEFI boot, so using QV for now.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,
Bhaskar

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

every puppy linux distro being hacked on my personal computer.

This I would like to know more about. Hacked how? Were SFS files altered or a root kit installed?

hansessene

Post by hansessene »

file copy would throw up errors. still does on qv. says ownership couldn't be preserved, copy failed. dd wouldn't write images to the usb pen drives properly. network down. rox filer not working. there is not rootkit scanner available for puppy or quirky so i have no idea if there were rootkits installed. easy os pen drives would get corrupt after 2 months usage and the pen drive would be unusable after that.

things like that.

hope this helps

Return to “EasyOS”