Zarify settings not persisiting on reboot after saving session

Moderator: BarryK

OldMan

Zarify settings not persisiting on reboot after saving session

Post by OldMan »

I have an external monitor permanently connected to my laptop and want my laptop screen to be off once the machine boots into the OS. Zarify allows me to do this but the settings do not persist. Within the same session if I run Zarify again it turns my laptop screen back on and the off checkbox screen for it is not set. The same happens when I reboot. I'm guessing the problem is not so much the reboot but that Zarify doesn't even remember the settings if I run the app within the same session.

Caramel

Re: Zarify settings not persisiting on reboot after saving session

Post by Caramel »

OldMan wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:24 am

I have an external monitor permanently connected to my laptop and want my laptop screen to be off once the machine boots into the OS. Zarify allows me to do this but the settings do not persist. Within the same session if I run Zarify again it turns my laptop screen back on and the off checkbox screen for it is not set. The same happens when I reboot. I'm guessing the problem is not so much the reboot but that Zarify doesn't even remember the settings if I run the app within the same session.

It's zarfy, not zarify.
Verify that the folder /root/.zarfy exists. It is normally created after the use of zarfy

OldMan

Post by OldMan »

Caramel wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:53 pm

It's zarfy, not zarify.
Verify that the folder /root/.zarfy exists. It is normally created after the use of zarfy

Yes, it exists. Within that folder is a folder ":0" and within that folder is "outputs.conf".

Caramel

Post by Caramel »

Maybe the topic viewtopic.php?t=9989 could help.

Return to “EasyOS”