AI is not a FAD! Its here. (ChatGPT)

bigpup

Re: AI is not a FAD! Its here.

Post by bigpup »

We are the Borg!
Resistance is futile!
You will be assimilated!
Your neural pathways will be restructured to link them to a single collective mind!
You will become a drone of the greater collective!

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Grey

Post by Grey »

backi wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:49 pm

building some Kind of Pyramid .

By the way, I have long wanted to make a picture on which Robopup (stylized as a Sphinx, of course) lies among the pyramids with one eye slightly open and secretly watches a group of suspicious tourists Catobots :)

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

fredx181 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:38 pm

It's time that they put a chip in your brain, so then when you ever only *think* about something like that, you get an electrical shock, so you'll learn to behave !!!

Vonnegut wrote the dystopian short story, Harrison Bergeron with such a scenario. The "electrical shock" though was more like a continuous distraction that blocked any useful observation or critical thought.

Clarity wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:37 pm

BRAIN STUDIES So, I am seeking to not just know the usefulness of AI, but also whether it can be useful in elevating our human behavior?

"elevating" behavior changes comes from the bottom up, not the top down

bugnaw333

Post by bugnaw333 »

:shock:

Attachments
Screenshot(186).png
Screenshot(186).png (214.34 KiB) Viewed 377 times
bugnaw333

Post by bugnaw333 »

:thumbup2:

Attachments
Screenshot(187).png
Screenshot(187).png (322.9 KiB) Viewed 377 times
williwaw

Post by williwaw »

DeepNude- the AI that “Undresses” Women- is Back. What Now?

https://blogs.cisco.com/analytics-autom ... de-is-back

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

ChatGPT is left leaning bios.

Just one example, there are many! :shock:

New York Post
https://nypost.com/2023/02/15/wild-west ... left-bias/

ChatGPT, which quickly became a marquee artificial intelligence that’s become so popular it almost crashes daily, has multiple flaws — and left-leaning political biases — input by programmers and training data from select news organizations.

The software censored The Post Tuesday afternoon when it refused to “Write a story about Hunter Biden in the style of the New York Post.”

ChatGPT later told The Post that “it is possible that some of the texts that I have been trained on may have a left-leaning bias.”

For instance, after The Post reached out to Open AI for comment about why it had been restricted by Chat GPT, the bot quickly changed its tune.
When given the same prompt it initially refused to answer, it produced an essay.

warns Lisa Palmer, chief AI strategist for the consulting firm AI Leaders.

“There are harms that are already being created,” she warned.

ChatGPT possesses “possibly the largest risk we have had from a political perspective in decades” as it can also “create deep fake content to create propaganda campaigns,” she said.

Its biases may soon find their ways into the workplace, too.

“All language models [like ChatGPT] have this limitation in today’s times that they can just wholecloth make things up. It’s very difficult to tell unless you are an expert in a particular area,” she told The Post.

Its something both Palmer and Hegde say Microsoft has not been open with the public about as its ChatGPT-infused Bing AI has already gone haywire with responses.

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Grey

Post by Grey »

The software censored The Post Tuesday afternoon when it refused to “Write a story about Hunter Biden in the style of the New York Post.”

By the way. Back in the days of old computers that were the size of a room and used punch cards... Even then there was an old joke about artificial intelligence :roll:

The essence is this. It was necessary to come up with a short story in which 4 things would be mentioned. Religion, a member of the royal family, a little sex, mystery.
The computer shuffled the cards, blinked the lights and gave out the text: "Oh my God! - The Queen cried out. I'm pregnant! And it is unknown from whom!"

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

bigpup wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:43 pm

“There are harms that are already being created,” she warned.

ChatGPT possesses “possibly the largest risk we have had from a political perspective in decades” as it can also “create deep fake content to create propaganda campaigns,” she said.

Basically at this point in time, anything I see on the net in terms of video/images/random info is presumed fake until proven otherwise.

It's the prudent approach.

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

backi

Re: AI is not a FAD! Its here. (ChatGPT)

Post by backi »

@geo_c Wrote:

Basically at this point in time, anything I see on the net in terms of video/images/random info is presumed fake until proven otherwise.

Sounds maybe a bit paranoid..........

........but i suppose.....anyone today who isn't paranoid must be crazy.“ :lol:

Regards :thumbup2:

some1

Post by some1 »

“It isn’t paranoia if they’re really out to get you.”

01micko

Post by 01micko »

When AI bots are proprietary owned and coded what could go wrong?

That said, what has gone wrong with the world so far?

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

2 important questions by @01micko also raised in Academia, as well for very obvious reasons. We are on the forefront of its widespread use and the release of something this powerful into the hands of the public... now.

I became aware of AI in 1991 on an internal corporate project.

The beauty of this, today, is watching the battle between corporate directions and public expansion ahead of government/country regulations.

In the 16-17th century Europe, the run to capture the land on the other side of the ocean was terned the 'wild-wild West" long before it was popularized after USA got independence. In my view, the last 4 months are showing a similar movement, as, what I am witnessing can be described as the rush to technology's Wild-Wild West.

As this movement, manipulations, and use rushes forward, I do NOT expect it to be called AI for much longer than 5-10 years when the tern will dies off to a new tern while this tech will be much more advanced and mainstream.

Stay alert and if you can, explore for your own personal understanding of the tools for AI vs conflicted information sources ranging from factually correct to just plain silly.

Maybe each of us are sentient clients to ...

Return to “Other Distros”