"White hackers" staged a disaster in a virtual Russian city

For discussions about security.
Clarity

Re: "White hackers" staged a disaster in a virtual Russian city

Post by Clarity »

This thread, an interesting one, opens as it shares a particular Metaverse with an objective it investigates.

Metaverses will certainly gain more traction in the coming year. Business will more and more adopt/adapt their existence within such as well as many will be well-intentioned and well-meaning while others will cater to some very interesting scenarios.

For the writers among us, expect some Metaverses to expand to becoming virtual countries and even have hierarchy mimic what we see in today's societies. Yet these will expand into alliances and other elements of human behavior we have seen since the impact of the Greeks beginning our Western viewpoints.

Metaverses, is an outgrowth of social media potholes and remote business conference rooms and will be the future our grandkids (assuming we survive our present frailties and worldwide behaviors) will subscribe. It is a threat to all of the governments we know, today.

The metaverse technologies, arising, are so very interesting in the amount of people it will employ!

April

Post by April »

jamesbond wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:12 pm

@backi You've got it right, mate :lol:

Grey wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:37 pm

Personally, I used to think that the future belongs to conditional Australia. But if we take into account Australia's desire to get 8 nuclear submarines... Well, the Commonwealth of course needs to be supported, but to swear with China when the majority of the population lives in cities on the east coast... An extremely disadvantageous position.

Everybody is gangsta until it really happens. Fact is, China is the factory of the world. War with China isn't going to happen unless China strikes first, but China isn't that stupid. In times of domestic difficulties, it's always strategic to look outside and say "ooh, the enemy's coming, we'd better unite and get ready!". It always works. How else could Dubya survive 2 terms?

Sure looks like you are wrong. 20 years looks like about the timeframe I see.
Abolishement of one child rule , invade Taiwan as a tester, build a base in international waters ,hide all the lithium battery manufacturing sites,get all the small countries dependantand more.

When they are ready to go we will still have 20 years to wait for the first sub if we get any.

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

April

Post by April »

Clarity wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:27 am

This thread, an interesting one, opens as it shares a particular Metaverse with an objective it investigates.

Metaverses will certainly gain more traction in the coming year. Business will more and more adopt/adapt their existence within such as well as many will be well-intentioned and well-meaning while others will cater to some very interesting scenarios.

For the writers among us, expect some Metaverses to expand to becoming virtual countries and even have hierarchy mimic what we see in today's societies. Yet these will expand into alliances and other elements of human behavior we have seen since the impact of the Greeks beginning our Western viewpoints.

Metaverses, is an outgrowth of social media potholes and remote business conference rooms and will be the future our grandkids (assuming we survive our present frailties and worldwide behaviors) will subscribe. It is a threat to all of the governments we know, today.

The metaverse technologies, arising, are so very interesting in the amount of people it will employ!

You are linking to your own posts now . I think your musings on metaverse are pot inspired dreamings or something similar .
What a load of tommy rot!

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

@April, is all OK with you???

Last 2 posts seem to be targeting in some anger over the current world.

Indeed, I did reference this thread and the technology explained in its opening, I DID NOT START IT! (nor did i link to MY post here)

Although, I kinda wish that I, like so many other artists and writers, have had the luxury to get the kind of pot you refer. (Its legal where I live.) :idea:

Hope all becomes settling, Mate.

Grey

Post by Grey »

Just without swearing. We can discuss all kinds of missiles, but we can't fight each other.

As for Taiwan, it will connect with the mainland. Not now, in the distant future, but it will happen. Maybe not by military method.

This summer, Patriot missiles were launched for the first time in the Southern Hemisphere in general and in Australia in particular. Here's the article. There, at the end, the countries that provoke wishing to bring democracy to China are clearly indicated.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@Grey A long time ago my Grandfather (Wehrmacht) fought on the Eastern Front and eventually at the end, just south of Berlin surrounded by strong Soviet forces, his unit managed to punch through the Russian lines and eventually made it to the most forward American positions, where the last 2 King Tiger's ran out of fuel already siphoned off of other broken down/destroyed vehicles to keep them going. Awarded 3 Iron Crosses, 30 and 90 day continuous close combat medals and wounded enough to receive 3 equivalents to the American "Purple Heart" from his years on the "Russian Front".......and why am I telling you this?

Because I am seeing and feeling like there is soon going to be again an "Eastern Front". Tensions are running high between the USA and Russia...again........If you are the gambling type, you can place your money on the fact the USA will most likely send more front line troops and perhaps armor to Poland soon. The American's do not fully and truly know and understand exactly how brutal, cruel and total the war on the Eastern Front actually was. Just horrible. Economic warfare is imminent.

Looking for V.Putin and J.Biden and their "crews" to get this straightened out before NATO and Russia face off. What is it Vlad P. is looking to do, rebuild the Soviet Union?

Grey

Post by Grey »

rockedge wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:55 pm

rebuild the Soviet Union?

The USSR? No, of course not. This is a typical misconception. The correct answer is that the Russian Empire will be recreated ;) I strongly doubt the actual possibility.

What's the problem? The fact that many people think that the Soviet Union is just very sick. But he's not sick - he's been dead for 30 years.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

The correct answer is that the Russian Empire will be recreated

Yes that is more likely! Something from before the Bolsheviks of 1917?

I doubt the USA will move any troops, just ended a 20 year war with a mess.

puppy_apprentice

Post by puppy_apprentice »

When a war breaks out (and during a pandemic it will be a double catastrophe), let's put the Puppy Linux logo on our uniforms. It would be stupid to die at the hand of a friend.

BTW. A Midnight Clear by William Wharton is a book in which he presents the nonsense and cruelty of war. Worth reading.

Grey

Post by Grey »

puppy_apprentice wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:55 pm

When a war breaks out (and during a pandemic it will be a double catastrophe), let's put the Puppy Linux logo on our uniforms. It would be stupid to die at the hand of a friend.

I don't understand, is this realism or is it already pessimism :? ?

I'm a reservist at the moment. But once I served in missile units. The rocket is a terrible thing, besides it is very stupid (even if it is "smart"). This thing doesn't know who a friend is.

puppy_apprentice

Post by puppy_apprentice »

Careful, always insured, as the Polish proverb says. Maybe someone will be sitting on a tree as a sniper.
But I think some global war will break out when there is no shortage of freshwater.

Grey

Post by Grey »

puppy_apprentice wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:23 pm

some global war will break out when there is no shortage of freshwater.

Probably there's a magnetic storm today and everyone is gloomy :) It was precisely because of such moods that I started making not a cheerful version of the background for Puppy, but something like this: viewtopic.php?p=43914#p43914

jamesbond

Post by jamesbond »

Grey wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:19 pm

I'm a reservist at the moment. But once I served in missile units. The rocket is a terrible thing, besides it is very stupid (even if it is "smart"). This thing doesn't know who a friend is.

This has to be how it feels for people who live in the border towns.
Yesterday we were neighbours, and but today we are mortal enemies and must kill each other because our kings say so.
Vanity of vanities ... there is nothing new under the sky :roll:

misko_2083

Post by misko_2083 »

Grey wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:25 pm
puppy_apprentice wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:23 pm

some global war will break out when there is no shortage of freshwater.

Probably there's a magnetic storm today and everyone is gloomy :) It was precisely because of such moods that I started making not a cheerful version of the background for Puppy, but something like this: viewtopic.php?p=43914#p43914

Dark age part two. ;)
Everything is weaponized now: news, art, films, music, sports, Nobel prizes, literature, trade, internet, education, culture, journalism.
Deliberately projecting the dark reality to the back of peoples minds.
It happens before the war, to convince the people that the war is justified.

Instead of being consumed by all the dark that surrounds us lets just watch anti-war films:

And press letter Ц on your keyboard for subtitles. :lol:

Do you want to exit the Circus? The Harsh Truth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJwQicZHp_c

Grey

Post by Grey »

misko_2083 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:03 am

lets just watch anti-war films:

Instead of a video, I have an inscription on the screen:

Video is not available
This video contains materials belonging to the Studiocanal user. He has blocked their display in your country in order to comply with copyright.

But "in my country" copyright will not stop anyone and I know how to watch such videos :) But in this case there is no need. I have this movie (a powerful thing :thumbup: ) in good quality.

greengeek

Post by greengeek »

Grey wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:37 pm

Personally, I used to think that the future belongs to conditional Australia. But if we take into account Australia's desire to get 8 nuclear submarines... Well, the Commonwealth of course needs to be supported, but to swear with China when the majority of the population lives in cities on the east coast... An extremely disadvantageous position.

Australia appears to have become quite a fascist country lately. Democracy on the decline. And I don't know how much longer they can resist the attraction of nuclear power. Surely they must ditch coal fired electricity generation soon. My guess is nuclear power proliferation in 5-10 years.
Maybe that is what the fascist trend is designed to assist - control public opinion and crush protests & resistance, then grow the nuke industry.
Not the paradise it used to be that's for sure.

backi

Post by backi »

Systems (medical Police States) that negate Reality always fail and on the Way to Doom they destroy a great Deal!

We are in the Middle of a downward Spiral, the more the System notices that it is losing its “persuasive Power”, the more repressive it becomes - all Signs of this are already clearly visible today!

Grey

Culture unites

Post by Grey »

puppy_apprentice wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:55 pm

When a war breaks out (and during a pandemic it will be a double catastrophe)

misko_2083 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:03 am

Everything is weaponized now: news, art, films, music, sports, Nobel prizes, literature, trade, internet, education, culture, journalism.

I have a local living example where music and culture unite peoples. When I recently read the news on the wiadomosci.gazeta.pl website (so as not to forget the Polish language), I was amazed by the mood of the commentators. And then there were familiar sounds outside the window...

It turned out that it was a municipal brass band playing music near my house. I am familiar with three of its participants.

And the orchestra was playing... a musical theme from the Polish film Vabank. The main character of the film, Henryk Kwinto, was not only a safe cracker, but also a trumpeter. Besides, the melody is great. Therefore, the local brass band included the melody in its repertoire.

"Herring's ear! (Ucho od śledzia)", I immediately thought (Okay, I thought in Russian "Ухо от селёдки!" :) ). It is such moments that unite nations. After all, many years of common history.

There is no recording near my house, but there is a video filmed in the square last summer. The municipal brass band entertains people right in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. I have already "rewound" to the desired melody:

Grey

Post by Grey »

rockedge wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:10 pm

Something from before the Bolsheviks of 1917?

By the way, pay attention to the monument, which can be seen on the video with a brass band (in previous post). There, behind the orchestra. Who do you think it is? No, not Lenin. This is one of Lenin's worst enemies.
This is the FIRST monument in Russia dedicated to the enemy of the Communists.

This is general Markov (Lieutenant-General of the Russian Imperial Army, hero of the Russian-Japanese and World War I). One of the leaders of the White Movement, that is, an enemy of the Bolsheviks, Communists and the Red Army.

How did this monument appear at all? With difficulty :) At first, the authorities wanted to install it in Rostov-on-Don, that is, the capital of the region. But they were afraid of the reaction of the residents. As a result, the monument ended up in my town.

At first, he was doused with paint and bullied in every possible way. But then everyone got used to it and it became a landmark of the district. In addition, we must recognize the fact that he is a hero of the Civil War, that is, part of the people.

In general, Bolsheviks and Communists are completely different (equally) categories of people. But this is a separate topic, we will not talk about it now :)

Now you understand that the goal is not the USSR, but the Russian Empire :)

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@Grey "Russian Empire" just sounds better.

We too have our controversial Civil War statues and monuments to the Confederacy. I always thought they are parts of history and never had a problem understanding General Robert E. Lee signed the surrender of Army of Northern Virginia and what side they represented.

Grey

Post by Grey »

rockedge wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:55 pm

We too have our controversial Civil War statues and monuments

Oh, yes, Lenin is also in the town :) It is not very far away. Now it is perceived by citizens simply as a landmark to indicate the direction of movement in the neighborhood. And the children don't even know about his "heroic deeds" :)

Grey

Post by Grey »

rockedge wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:55 pm

I always thought they are parts of history and never had a problem understanding General Robert E. Lee signed the surrender of Army of Northern Virginia and what side they represented.

I remember this general. Once upon a time I played a strategy game North & South on ZX Spectrum. Thanks to this, I read several books about the American Civil War. These used to be educational games without any Internet :)

misko_2083

Post by misko_2083 »

jamesbond wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:36 am
Grey wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:19 pm

This has to be how it feels for people who live in the border towns.
Yesterday we were neighbours, and but today we are mortal enemies and must kill each other because our kings say so.
Vanity of vanities ... there is nothing new under the sky :roll:

Same old story on repetition.

generals1.png

Grey

Quite an instructive story

Post by Grey »

misko_2083 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:16 pm

Let's combine military themes with modern technology and ethical and moral reflections. What could it be? Soviet cartoon of 1977 release. Polygon aka Proving Ground.

The author of the history is the Soviet-Polish writer and artist Sever Gansovsky. In this cartoon, the "fotografika" technology was introduced for the first time, in which two layers of celluloid were used for each character with special coloring schemes, and one of the layers was recorded out of focus. The faces of the characters resemble foreign (for the USSR :) ) actors Jean Gabin, Paul Newman, Mel Ferer, Yul Brynner and Ringo Starr. Music by Paul Mauriat (yes, El Bimbo).

Damned capitalists Some military are testing a new super-weapon on a tropical island. This is a tank that can read human thoughts and is programmed to attack those who are afraid of it. Along with the military, the scientist who developed this tank is also present on the island. The scientist, as it turned out, wants to take revenge on the military for the death of his son while serving in the army...

The moral of the cartoon: engineers, electronics engineers and other programmers are scary people :mrgreen: Well, okay, I agree, the moral is completely different there.
This is a good addition to the Battleground cartoon, which is somewhere higher in the topic.

English subtitles are present. If necessary, manually unmute the sound in the video window:

wiak

Post by wiak »

backi wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:40 am

Systems (medical Police States) that negate Reality always fail and on the Way to Doom they destroy a great Deal!

We are in the Middle of a downward Spiral, the more the System notices that it is losing its “persuasive Power”, the more repressive it becomes - all Signs of this are already clearly visible today!

Be careful, @backi. Some of these people who have been injected with Pfizer may be sneezing it on you on purpose so you breathe the implants into your lungs (sneezing becoming weapon of transport of control implants). Keep away from the vaccinated - you never know.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

backi

Post by backi »

@wiak wrote:

Keep away from the vaccinated - you never know.

Thanks for the Tip!
That`s a sane Advice. :thumbup:

Keep away from the "Vaccinated".......this applies to all those "Vaccinated" too!!!!! :geek:

Cause everybody who is well informed enough must know very well that (unknowingly) infected "vaccinated" and infected (non vaccinated) People CAN transmit Covid .

So be aware.....everyone....your "Vaccination" will possibly not Shelter you,your Beloved Ones or Others (vaccinated or unvaccinated) People (forever) .......if it ever did.

But don`t panic!

Nevertheless ....just recently made a Covid Test...NEGATIV ! .....so i can`t transmit anything.

Still not "vaccinated" after all those Years of Covid Madness and still negative and sane.......(what the Hell is going on?) :o :shock:
.....i am still waiting for the big Encounter with "The Beast".

Sometimes i think this Virus is just afraid of me or "IT" hates me...............But i guess it`s most probably the Garlic.....and/or my Cannabis Muffins. :D :lol:

Here is some Recipe......for Christmas .
The Only Pot Muffin Recipe You'll Ever Need
https://www.myrecipes.com/extracrispy/t ... -ever-need

Stay healthy Mate !

misko_2083

Re: Quite an instructive story

Post by misko_2083 »

Grey wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:58 pm
misko_2083 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:16 pm

Let's combine military themes with modern technology and ethical and moral reflections. What could it be? Soviet cartoon of 1977 release. Polygon aka Proving Ground.

The author of the history is the Soviet-Polish writer and artist Sever Gansovsky. In this cartoon, the "fotografika" technology was introduced for the first time, in which two layers of celluloid were used for each character with special coloring schemes, and one of the layers was recorded out of focus. The faces of the characters resemble foreign (for the USSR :) ) actors Jean Gabin, Paul Newman, Mel Ferer, Yul Brynner and Ringo Starr. Music by Paul Mauriat (yes, El Bimbo).

Damned capitalists Some military are testing a new super-weapon on a tropical island. This is a tank that can read human thoughts and is programmed to attack those who are afraid of it. Along with the military, the scientist who developed this tank is also present on the island. The scientist, as it turned out, wants to take revenge on the military for the death of his son while serving in the army...

The moral of the cartoon: engineers, electronics engineers and other programmers are scary people :mrgreen: Well, okay, I agree, the moral is completely different there.
This is a good addition to the Battleground cartoon, which is somewhere higher in the topic.

English subtitles are present. If necessary, manually unmute the sound in the video window:

Fear of tanks? Armamachophobia.
I think I saw the cartoon a long time ago.
The moral of the story is the same as a few proverbs:

Ko drugome jamu kopa sam u nju pada.

• Translation: Who digs a trap for others ends up in it himself.

• English equivalent: What goes around, comes around.

Ko sa đavolom tikve sadi, o glavu mu se obiju.

• Translation: If one sows pumpkins with the devil, they will bash onto one’s head.

• English equivalent: ? Similar to As you sow, so you shall reap.

Ko seje vetar, žanje oluju.

• Translation: Who sows the wind will harvest the storm.

• English equivalent: ? Similar to As you sow, so you shall reap.

Why Yul Brynner? He was partly Russian. :lol:
I think he changed his name and citizenship when he emigrated to US.

Good thing there is no mind reading software and AI capable of understanding thoughts yet.
Face recognition software can detect the mood and Facebook has algorhithms to predict the habits and preferences.
Maybe to some extent predict thougths.
But I think the most similar was US drone program when president was Obama.
But the execution was done with the remote control robots.
Maybe next generetion will be autonomous. :!:
It would be a very dark future to have technology that can read minds.
There is already a propaganda on TV advocating for the prohibition of insulting.
Very quickly next thing would be thought crime in such future. :roll:

backi

Post by backi »

@misko_2083 wrote:

Very quickly next thing would be thought crime in such future.

Why assuming this will be in the Future?
I don`t know in which Country you are living in...you lucky One.......seems to be a lucky Place.

This Future already is now ....at least for me.

Thought Crimes (critical Thinking=speaking/writing Facts out loud) is already a Crime now,here and today and will be punished (by self proclaimed Dictatorship).......at least in the Region i am living in.(EU-European Union).
Tell me your Place ....maybe i am looking for political Asylum.

Best Wishes!

Grey

Post by Grey »

wiak wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:09 pm

Be careful, @backi. Some of these people who have been injected with Pfizer may be sneezing it on you on purpose so you breathe the implants into your lungs (sneezing becoming weapon of transport of control implants).

William, I didn't even think that you sometimes like to troll. All right, we, everyone else... we have the wind in our heads :) But you are a serious, intelligent person... :o

misko_2083

Post by misko_2083 »

backi wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:57 pm

I don`t know in which Country you are living in...you lucky One.......seems to be a lucky Place.

Feeling lucky in a totalitarian republic. :lol:
Unfortunately the future comes here first.
Saying something here against the rulling party and they will attack you on all fronts.
The dictator, democratically elected, without a loyalty to any ideology,
backed by everyone, EU, Russia, China, USA, as long as he does what they want.
Controls most of the TV and newspapers, where he presents his demagogery.
Party members are only experts in winning the elections.
The elections are a farse, people are instructed by their employers to take a photo of their vote.
Dead people regularly vote in the elections. :D
The corrupt state on every level.
People are forced to go to political party rallies or they will lose jobs.

Currently there are protests all over the country against Rio Tinto mining corporation's toxic lithium project.
Wherever they go they leave deserts.
In Australia they destroyed 50.000 years old Aboriginal caves.
What they are doing in Madagascar, destroying everything.
In Papua New Guinea, Rio Tinto started to mine moved people from their land,
then payed the corrupt politicians and brought in private army which triggered a civil war in there.
Now they want to mine here.
When some politicians say: "You can then throw away your laptops and cellphones away"
I'm thinking screw the damn cellphones and laptops, Rio Tinto destroys all the earth, all the life.
Without the earth there is no future for us and future generations.
Rio Tinto already started to pay for their propaganda on TV.
People are blocking roads in thousands.
Rio Tinto has put a tag price to poison our water, earth and our health, they are priceless.

Return to “Security”