Fatdog900 Beta LibreOffice Calc slow

versatile 64-bit multi-user Linux distribution

Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

fatdoguser

Fatdog900 Beta LibreOffice Calc slow

Post by fatdoguser »

Finding Fatdog900 Beta LibreOffice Calc with a modest size spreadsheet to be sluggish at scrolling up/down cells using the arrow key. Experienced no such problem with prior releases (810).

Is there another board/medium through which to report/discuss Fatdog other than via the Puppy Linux forum?

jamesbond

Re: Fatdog900 Beta LibreOffice Calc slow

Post by jamesbond »

Try this:
Edit /etc/profile.d/ui_tweaks.sh. Uncomment the first two lines that start with "export" by removing the hashes at the beginning of those lines. Then logout and login again, and launch libreoffice calc again.

Does your machine uses Radeon, by any chance?

And yes, this forum is the only way to report issues with Fatdog for now. Have you got a suggestion of a better way to do that?

step

Post by step »

Edit: it seems that jamesbond and I were writing our answers at the same time :)

fatdoguser wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:03 am

Finding Fatdog900 Beta LibreOffice Calc with a modest size spreadsheet to be sluggish at scrolling up/down cells using the arrow key. Experienced no such problem with prior releases (810).

The GTK3 interface of this LibreOffice version can be slow on some radeon GPUs. You could try the Qt5 interface. Edit /etc/profile.d/ui_tweaks.sh and uncomment lines 2 and 3 (delete the '#' character at the beginning of both lines). Save the file. Changes are effective the next time you reboot.

Is there another board/medium through which to report/discuss Fatdog other than via the Puppy Linux forum?

No, this is it. Thanks for testing Fatdog64 900 beta and reporting your findings.

fatdoguser

Post by fatdoguser »

Thanks @jamesbond and @step

Added loadmodules=radeon as a additional boot parameter. Made the edits, and changed the /etc/profile.d/ui-tweaks.sh file to be executable, and Libre Calc under the qt interface now runs well :thumbup2:

Infrequent user, mostly my smartphone is all I need, but for year end tax returns and some other financial activities/formal documentation I dust off a laptop that runs Fatdog/Libre/latest Chrome via a ethernet connection to our household hub.

Return to “FatDog64”