How do I disable image viewing in Chromium? (SOLVED)

Moderator: Forum moderators

amethyst

How do I disable image viewing in Chromium? (SOLVED)

Post by amethyst »

I've googled this and they say it can be disabled in advanced settings, I don't see the option there though.
Edit: Nevermind,I installed an extension for this which seems to work.

pp4mnklinux

Re: How do I disable image viewing in Chromium? (SOLVED)

Post by pp4mnklinux »

You found a solution for your problem but ... this is not the solución, haha.

Addons and extensions make browsers work slowly. If u have an option included n it to solve yhe problem, t is better if u use it.

In your case you can disable image viewing in Chromium by following these steps:

Open Chromium browser on your device.

Type "chrome://settings/content/images" in the address bar and press Enter.

In the "Images" section, toggle the switch next to "Show all (recommended)" to the left to disable image viewing.

Alternatively, you can choose "Do not show any images" option to completely disable all images in Chromium.

Close the Settings tab to save your changes.

Important => Note that disabling images may affect your browsing experience as many websites heavily rely on images for their content.

Hope it helps

amethyst

Re: How do I disable image viewing in Chromium? (SOLVED)

Post by amethyst »

pp4mnklinux wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:15 am

You found a solution for your problem but ... this is not the solución, haha.

Addons and extensions make browsers work slowly. If u have an option included n it to solve yhe problem, t is better if u use it.

In your case you can disable image viewing in Chromium by following these steps:

Open Chromium browser on your device.

Type "chrome://settings/content/images" in the address bar and press Enter.

In the "Images" section, toggle the switch next to "Show all (recommended)" to the left to disable image viewing.

Alternatively, you can choose "Do not show any images" option to completely disable all images in Chromium.

Close the Settings tab to save your changes.

Important => Note that disabling images may affect your browsing experience as many websites heavily rely on images for their content.

Hope it helps

Thanks but I don't use Chromium anymore (had a few of its "AWWW something went wrong"or something like that) messages. Not the most stable browser I've seen. Firefox is just better although have never been the biggest fan of it. I use image blockers and agent switchers on my other browsers, doesn't slow down my computing in fact it's faster.

Return to “Browsers”