Calendar Program

Moderator: Forum moderators

NathanO

Calendar Program

Post by NathanO »

I am looking for a Calendar Program to run on my desktop computer, I do not want it Web Based. I do not need an alarm. I need to print out the information. When I had a working Windows computer I used Calendar Creator. It allowed me to print out a Week calendar starting on Sunday going to Saturday.

I would print out 4 weeks on an 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper:

1 2
3 4

Then print the next four weeks on the other side, fold the paper and put it in my shirt pocket.
On 11 x 17 paper I would print out 8 weeks on each side:

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

Beside one time items you would have:

Something that happens once a year on a fixed day like New Years, Jan 1
Something that happens once a year on a day of a month like Memorial Day, the last Monday in May
Something that happens once a month like a group meeting that happens the second Saturday
Something that happens every eighth Wednesday
Something that starts on a day, like a convention, and goes on for the next four days

Yes, some items have a start time, and some also have an end time.

Nathan
Wiz57

Re: Calendar Program

Post by Wiz57 »

Hi Nathan,
Have you looked at Osmo personal organizer? Normally in Puppy it is in the Menu, in
the Personal section. It has various tabs to store and organize your info. It may provide
what you are looking for.
Wiz ;)

Signature available upon request

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Any time you post about your Puppy version.
WE NEED TO ALWAYS KNOW WHAT SPECIFIC PUPPY VERSION IT IS!!!!!!!!!!

What exact version of Puppy you using?

That will determine what software program package can be installed.

I am sure there is some Linux calendar program, but it will be available in several different packages to install in specific Linux OS.

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

NathanO

Post by NathanO »

I am looking for a Calendar Program that I can try across several different versions of Linux.

Nathan
mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

There are links to Osmo for several Linux distros here: http://osmo-pim.sourceforge.net/ Scroll down toward the bottom. I installed it in Linux Mint Ulyana. I don't recall if I obtained the deb by following a link from there; or whether (being Linux Mint) I I used the debian or Ubuntu version. It may be that it was available via synaptic or Linux Mint's Software Manager. :lol: The installation process was that forgettable. :thumbup:

I searched quite a while before choosing Osmo. The only application comparable was Kontact, available only as a flatpack or donation-ware, and --being a component in a suite-- was about 10 times osmo's size.

As I discovered transposing records under Puppy to Linux Mint, it's kind of a PITA. LinuxMint wouldn't read the file created under Puppy. I had to export them as a csv then import them. Importing required identifying which fields generated under Puppy corresponded to those fields available under Linux Mint. It took about 10 minutes; but was particularly annoying in that, with one exception, the fields were identical.

[Much easier to share records under several Puppies. Just move the osmo folder (/root/.osmo) to /mnt/home and from there symlink it to /root in the different Puppies].
bigpup

Post by bigpup »

NathanO wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:09 pm I am looking for a Calendar Program that I can try across several different versions of Linux.

Nathan
This is a forum about Puppy Linux not other Linux OS's.
Give use some info on what Puppy version and you can get some help with Puppy.

A Google search will tell you about other OS's.
https://www.slant.co/topics/4743/~calen ... -for-linux

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Trapster

Post by Trapster »

NathanO

Post by NathanO »

Yes, I plan to use Some Puppy. Back when it was just Puppy, not all the versions that exist now I ran Puppy. I plan to put several of them on USB and try them. When I find the one that works best for ME I will then put it on one of my computers. The other Linux I now use is Mint.

Nathan
01101001b

Post by 01101001b »

NathanO wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:17 pm I am looking for a Calendar Program to run on my desktop computer [...] When I had a working Windows computer I used Calendar Creator. It allowed me to print out a Week calendar starting on Sunday going to Saturday.

I would print out 4 weeks on an 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper: [...]
Hi @NathanO!
With those specific needs you mention, perhaps you should try to run "Calendar Creator" on Wine. I don't have the faintest idea if it can work but... hope you can! :thumbup2:

''Most people make the mistake of thinking design is what it looks like [...] It's not [...]. Design is how it works.'' -- Steve Jobs

Return to “REQUESTS”