Forum Bug

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

taersh

Forum Bug

Post by taersh »

Hi.

I tried to create a Topic about a forum bug. Wanted to do this in section Bug Reports, but there's no option to create a new topic. Which would be Forum Bug No.1. ;)

The Forum Bug I tried to report is about deleting PM's. It's not possible to delete PM's.
Also there seems to be no option to delete those other messages e.g. that do appear if another user has quoted somebody in a post - those ones appearing under the bell.

My Music:
https://soundcloud.com/user-633698367
Using my own build of Bionic64
The far-left is as fascist as the far-right is!

mcewanw

Re: Forum Bug

Post by mcewanw »

taersh wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:28 amI tried to create a Topic about a forum bug. Wanted to do this in section Bug Reports, but there's no option to create a new topic. Which would be Forum Bug No.1. ;)
Seems fixed that can now post to Bug Reports topic.
Makoto

Post by Makoto »

I'm trying to remember if you had to Edit a PM before you could delete it... although that could be different for this newer version of phpBB. Also, did the user on the other end already open and read the PM? Once they do that, you can no longer edit or delete the PM.

[ FossaPup64 9.5, Frugal install ]

taersh

Post by taersh »

Makoto wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:00 am I'm trying to remember if you had to Edit a PM before you could delete it... although that could be different for this newer version of phpBB. Also, did the user on the other end already open and read the PM? Once they do that, you can no longer edit or delete the PM.
I'm talking about PM's that I received. These PM's can't be edited - even not in murga-forum. This here forum has option to select/mark all PM's and then to choose to delete them. When doing it, an error appears, saying in German "Das übermittelte Formular war ungültig. Versuchen Sie erneut, das Formular abzusenden.". The marked PM's remain in Inbox. Same problem with PM's that have been sent. Didn't try yet to remove PM's from Outbox.

In murga-forum I was able to delete all PM's from all boxes: In, Out & Sent.

Also the list of notes about Quotes & PM's (the list appearing under the bell) can't be removed. This list is getting longer and longer each time I receive a PM or I've been quoted.

My Music:

Makoto

Post by Makoto »

Ah, you're talking about PMs in general, not just the ones you've sent. I haven't tried managing my PM boxes yet (well, I only have one PM in them...), so I don't know if this new version of phpBB does it differently, or if it hasn't been set up to allow you to delete PMs from your boxes.

Yes, you can only edit a PM after you've sent it and the person on the other end hasn't opened it yet. Otherwise, you're not allowed to edit them (this is by design).

[ FossaPup64 9.5, Frugal install ]

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Rainer's correct, y'know. There is absolutely no way of controlling that list, except for unticking every notification option so that you don't receive any in future.....and that, to my way of thinking, rather defeats the whole point of having them!

Needs fixing.

Mike. :o

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

Greetings All!
Please test the PM delete functions. I have swapped in code that should allow for safe deletion of PM's.
taersh

Post by taersh »

Yes, it works.
Deleted successfully all Mails from Inbox and Sent.
Cool, thanks! :thumbup:

Edit:

After deleting all PM's the notes list under bell is now empty as well. 8-)

My Music:

Return to “Beginners Help”