Norton says we're all right here

For discussions about security.
fredx181

Re: Norton says we're all right here

Post by fredx181 »

rufwoof wrote:

OK, I clearly get the message of predominant support for Russia

I can't see that in this thread, recently it's about blocking people from some country (in this case Russia) as you suggested (which I'm against, btw), that's something different than "support for Russia".
BTW, everybody is allowed to have his/her own opinion (IMO), and I see no reason to get upset about how it goes up to now.
EDIT: and must say that I personally don't feel for anything like "take a side", e.g. East or West or whatever, that this forum should have, it should be about Linux, not about politics.

Grey

Post by Grey »

rufwoof wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:40 pm

I will retire from this board once rockedge has removed all my posts.

What's going on here anyway? It's nonsense, really. There is no "support". You are substituting concepts. You want me to condemn my government. And you act like your government, that is, with the help of blackmail and threats, you force the admin of the forum to make a choice which user he likes best.

We are talking about the opportunity for everyone to honestly indicate their location, without consequences and such a reaction as yours. Where is your democracy and freedom that you should be proud of as a Westerner? You are now acting like some Soviet leader of the Communist Party (let's rewrite the newspapers and isolate everyone).
----------|
About the atrocities. You think Abkhazia is a captured territory, don't you? Yesterday Russell Crowe asked how people live there. And he was invited to come and see. He seems to be from New Zealand. If he accepts the invitation, he will tell.

Personally, I respect him for A Beautiful Mind movie. The main character of the film had paranoid schizophrenia. I hope you have no problems with this.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

rufwoof wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:40 pm

I will retire from this board once rockedge has removed all my posts.

It's not a case of support for Russia, at all. I abhor what the leadership is orchestrating as much as anyone.....but that is IT; the idiotic, self-centred leadership machinations are NOT representative of the country as a whole.

I have no axe to grind with any single ordinary Russian individual alive today.. Like most of us, they just want to be left in peace to get on with their lives.....and the "perfect storm" of criticism the entire population is drowning under is entirely due to the prat at the helm; Mr. Putin. :shock: :roll:

He and his band of cronies are in no way representative of his countrymen. I refuse to castigate & penalise a single individual for matters utterly beyond their control.

I mean, if you want to be a martyr..... I'm speechless, y'know? :o

Mike. :|

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Return to “Security”