Till Lindemann and his new music video(I got culture shock)

Grey

Till Lindemann and his new music video(I got culture shock)

Post by Grey »

Till performed the song Beloved Town(Любимый город "LUBIMIY GOROD”). It was cool, I got culture shock. Song of 1939. The video was filmed in St. Petersburg, in the Hermitage Museum. To be honest, I didn’t expect it.

Of course, some in Russia started yelling that he was paid, he is a communist from East Germany and all that. Plus there is a version of the video where he is in Soviet uniform, flying in a Soviet fighter jet and a clip appeared on May 9. They say the singer scoffs at the history. But only cretins say that. The video is great.

I am not a member of any political party, I like the songs. I think Till Lindemann is great. Yes, he got the money, of course, sang with an accent - and still better than many contemporary Russian performers. I immediately remembered the Oktoberklub group from GDR and their performance of the song Tachanka, familiar from childhood:

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

taersh

Re: Till Lindemann and his new music video(I got culture shock)

Post by taersh »

After they published their song "Deutschland" he and his Band's members were defamed for being Nazis (at least here in Germany). It's now the time where everyone who's a little different only seems to be a Nazi or Communist. It seems also meanwhile there's nothing in between of those terms - like just being an artist or simply a musician. Btw.: being Nazis they were already suspected almost from the beginning, because of their light shows at the concerts.

These times really suck - from a political point of view.

And I must say: I'm a racist, as I don't like dogs! :lol:

My Music:
https://soundcloud.com/user-633698367
Using my own build of Bionic64
The far-left is as fascist as the far-right is!

Grey

Post by Grey »

By the way, this was my second culture shock. The first is also associated with a German group, or rather a duet - Modern Talking. But this time the performer from India, Alisha Chinai, did her best. It took me a while to realize that it was a "Brother Louie" song :) :

Russian version by Sergey Minaev (he covered/parodied a lot of Modern Talking songs):

And the original, which everyone probably knows. Pay attention to the first comment on the video page. Can not argue with that :lol: :

1980 PEOPLE: THE FUTURE IS GOING TO BE GREAT
2021 PEOPLE: LET'S GO BACK TO THE 80'S

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

taersh

Post by taersh »

Hey, I'm German.

BUT: Modern Talking was also a culture shock to me.
The biggest culture shock I had ever experienced.
It made me thinking instead I might be at least from Mars (or some different place much more far away). ;)

My Music:

Grey

Post by Grey »

taersh wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:02 pm

BUT: Modern Talking was also a culture shock to me.

My favorite 3 songs from MT: "Do you wanna", "One in a million" and "Let's talk about love" :thumbup:

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@taersh @Grey

Some years ago I was the Oberbeleuchter or 1st Gaffer for a Modern Talking video....made it Hamburg on an Easter Sunday.

P.S. In the limousine scene the car never moved. 5 of us Beleleuchter's ran around the car with 800 watt "Red Heads" simulating the headlights of on-coming traffic.

taersh

Post by taersh »

Some years ago I was the Oberbeleuchter or 1st Gaffer for a Modern Talking video....made it Hamburg on an Easter Sunday.

OH MY GOD!

Hopefully you have been paid by 10,000 Dollars per minute or much better above that amount! ;)

Or at least wearing a Mickey Mouse

My Music:

Grey

Post by Grey »

taersh wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:41 am

Or at least wearing a Mickey Mouse

Why headphones :) ? Rather glassesImage. I think rockedge was referring to spotlight and 800 watts is not the power of amplifier, but the power consumption of spotlight. Once the Soviet(and therefore VERY weighty :D ) version of such a thing almost crushed my leg.

puppy_apprentice

Post by puppy_apprentice »

I like this Lindemann & Apocalyptica cover of David Bowie Helden/Heroes:

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

Once the Soviet(and therefore VERY weighty)

@Grey I worked for a company called CineLicht GmBH from Hamburg. My bosses wanted to make a little museum of lamps and lighting equipment from the past. So in 1998 we had a chance to have some old East German (DDR) 10,000 watt tungsten lamp fixtures (Kunstlicht) from Studio Babelsberg as it was being modernized. I went to pick them up in a truck and as I loaded the lamps into the truck the guys from Studio Babelsberg gave me 10 very large boxes. Each box contained an actual 10,000 watt light bulb. Shaped like any 60 watt bulb from the lamps at home.....one very large bulb per box.

A co-worker at CineLicht took one and made a transformer and base for one and had it in his apartment. He only let very little current go through it so it just glowed a bit. One of the strangest things I saw in a job that revolved around strange.

a great conversation starter those bulbs....Made in the DDR

@taersh making a professional music video of course involves hearing the actual song played...mostly in pieces...over and over and over again. So add that into a 18 hour work day one can imagine how it feels after that amount of time hearing Modern Talking......and just one song.

Thomas A. was very cool and Dieter not so much. This is the "redhead" we held in the hands and ran around the car waving like we were automobiles. 800 watts of light and heat.

selens-redhead-light-with-brightness-dimmer.jpg
selens-redhead-light-with-brightness-dimmer.jpg (18.59 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
taersh

Post by taersh »

making a professional music video of course involves hearing the actual song played...mostly in pieces...over and over and over again.

Yes, that's what I meant by wearing a "Mickey Mouse".

My Music:

Grey

Post by Grey »

I watched two Eurovision 2021 qualifiers. Not a single catchy song. My mother called and said that she liked Azerbaijan's song about Mata Hari. ..... I didn't ask why :)
I remember in 2006 I was rooting for the Finnish band Lordi.

Grey

'Ich hasse Kinder' video

Post by Grey »

Till's new work. Music video for the track Ich hasse Kinder. This time in German. But with Soviet pioneers, bust of Lenin and other characteristic attributes :) Events take place in Moscow in 1972 and in the childhood of protagonist.

ZizzoO

Post by ZizzoO »

It's cool that all participants are allowed to use recorded backing vocals from this year, but it should not overlap the voice of the soloist. This is done to reduce the number of people in the delegation. I wanted to get to Eurovision as a spectator, but unfortunately, I didn't succeed. The fact is that the audience was allowed only with a negative test from covid. But I wanted to listen to some representatives live... After all, their songs are on the platform https://y2mate.mymp3.red / and in real life are significantly different.

Return to “Für deutschsprachige Anhänger”