pRecord Puppy Linux compatible (default alsa not pulse)

wiak

pRecord Puppy Linux compatible (default alsa not pulse)

Post by wiak »

Dotpet attached. Was built and tested on FossaPup64, which doesn't use pulseaudio, so I configured for alsa only prior to making the dotpet.

You may also have to change the plughw:0,0 to match your own audio hardware since pulseaudio not being used.

If pulseaudio gets installed on your system, simply change that plughw:x,y to say: pulse

In retrovol mixer I used Capture control (not Capture1) at maximum and applied some Internal Mic Boost (near bottom of Retrovol mixer window). By clicking config mixer button and speaking into your Mic you should be able to tell if Recording settings are okay prior to recording audio.

Note: this is newest version of pRecord, as used in KLV-Airedale and per the design of various WeeDogLinux distro pRecord releases. It is installed in /usr/local/bin and its default config files are installed under /usr/local/etc/precord. That is very different from old versions that used /usr/bin and /etc so make sure no trace of old versions are left behind (if you had installed one) prior to installing this new one. In particular in /root you need to make sure there is no old .precord or any .config/precord directory left from before.

Personally, after first install, I usually run command precord from a terminal to see if all is fine. You may need to run it twice to get its config files all set up (I can't remember). However, I just used the Menu -> Multimedia -> Precord in my test of it, and it worked fine on pristine fossapup64 build on my computer.

Good luck!

Attachments
precord-9.0.6.pet
tested on fossapup64
(12.18 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Return to “Software”