Problem with 'update database' in FD 811 Search for files and folders

versatile 64-bit multi-user Linux distribution

Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

Clarity

Problem with 'update database' in FD 811 Search for files and folders

Post by Clarity »

We ALL know this improves search results. But, I see a problem on my system. It is booted as a Multi system (3rd boot option) with the multi save on sda2. It is the FD v811 ISO. There is ONLY 1 session saved from yesterday. And it has been rebooted to that session. Anyone else having this problem?

Menu>Filesystem>locate-GUI attempt to update the database goes into a never-ending loop without DB update which continues even after the utility is stopped via its icon or killed.
Build-DB.png
Build-DB.png (164.51 KiB) Viewed 379 times
Database building process remains locked in the system. Must poweroff (via PC power-button) to get filesystem behavior back to normal.

Database build is being attempted with NO mounts to local drives, as shown.
smokey01

Re: Problem with 'update database' in FD 811 Search for files and folders

Post by smokey01 »

Clarity wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:42 pm We ALL know this improves search results. But, I see a problem on my system. It is booted as a Multi system (3rd boot option) with the multi save on sda2. It is the FD v811 ISO. There is ONLY 1 session saved from yesterday. And it has been rebooted to that session. Anyone else having this problem?

Menu>Filesystem>locate-GUI attempt to update the database goes into a never-ending loop without DB update which continues even after the utility is stopped via its icon or killed.Build-DB.png

Database building process remains locked in the system. Must poweroff (via PC power-button) to get filesystem behavior back to normal.

Database build is being attempted with NO mounts to local drives, as shown.
It will only collect data from mounted file systems. I have never tried it as multiboot.
Clarity

Re: Problem with 'update database' in FD 811 Search for files and folders

Post by Clarity »

Hummm??? I just tried this on a pristine FD 811. It works as expected. Will have to chase down what happened with the minimal (3) Slapd programs that are added that causes this Fatdog utility to go into a non-terminating loop when its updatedb attempted.

Serious problem.

Return to “FatDog64”