Font pdingobats2 in Conky & Pwidgets

Issues and / or general discussion relating to Puppy

Moderator: Forum moderators

davids45

Font pdingobats2 in Conky & Pwidgets

Post by davids45 »

G'day,
I have a small problem with the pdingobats2 fonts in Conky and pwidgets where the display is of the conventional font (e.g. a letter or number) instead of the corresponding pdingobats2 symbol (e.g. hard-drive (:), thermometer (z), wifi icon (0)). Seems to occur in all Pups and kernels (32 pwidgets or 64 conky).

By trial & error, I found if I delete the fonts.dir and fonts.scale files in /usr/share/fonts/default/TTF/ and restart conky or pwidgets, the pdingobats2 symbols return.

But if the fonts.dir or fonts.scale file reappears for some reason known to Puppy but not me, the pdingobats2 symbols revert to "normal" text.

Can anyone advise me where the basic problem is?

Or what these fonts.dir and fonts.scale need to have for pdingobats2 to display as expected?

Thanks.
David S.
Attachments
conky in 64bit bionic - symbols for File system, CPU Temp and Wireless are NOT pdingobats, just normal font??
conky in 64bit bionic - symbols for File system, CPU Temp and Wireless are NOT pdingobats, just normal font??
pdingobats2-before.jpg (58.74 KiB) Viewed 183 times
troublesome(?) fonts.dir and fonts.scale files in fonts directory - removal fixes pdingobats2 non-appearance
troublesome(?) fonts.dir and fonts.scale files in fonts directory - removal fixes pdingobats2 non-appearance
font-files-usr-share-fonts.jpg (57.17 KiB) Viewed 183 times
pdingobats2 symbols are now displayed for File System, CPU Temp, and Wireless
pdingobats2 symbols are now displayed for File System, CPU Temp, and Wireless
pdingobats2-after.jpg (77.55 KiB) Viewed 183 times

Return to “Users”