AI is not coming, "THEY'RE HERE!"

williwaw

Re: AI is not coming, "THEY'RE HERE!"

Post by williwaw »

Clarity wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am

Mankind is a technological design in its own right.

From whose drawing board?

sonny

Post by sonny »

YouTube's AI Thinks I'm Crazy Suicidal...

I just typed one of my fave, a Johnny Marr's hit "WALK INTO THE SEA".

Here's what YouTube's response:

YouTube-AI.png
YouTube-AI.png (174.99 KiB) Viewed 364 times

I knew the tune's kinda dark, but the AI 's gone too far:

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

sonny wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:13 pm

YouTube's AI Thinks I'm Crazy Suicidal...

If you are in Canada the AI response won't be suggesting a Suicide Hotline but instead the Medical Assistance In Dying hotline.

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

Grey

Post by Grey »

geo_c wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:12 am

If you are in Canada the AI response won't be suggesting a Suicide Hotline but instead the Medical Assistance In Dying hotline.

Still, it's probably good to live in a socially developed country. Such concern for people. No one offers me anything.

...That's what I'd like to say :) But no. In the Russian version, this is the phone number of the Foundation for the Support of Children in Difficult Situations.
Moreover, the psychological exercises there are so idiotic that you might want to jump off the roof.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

Grey wrote:

No one offers me anything

At least you know up front where you stand. Harder to fool when one expects that no one cares.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

This week has jumped off to another GREAT start which I am calling 'ROUND 3' of releases to the public and corporate, alike, with the 3 biggest GIANTs in the industry making significant announcements. OpenAI-Microsoft (yesterday), Google (today), and IBM (last Friday).

The others will follow in the coming weeks with their contributions to 'round 3'.

User intelligence in understanding, use, advancement, and presentations will certainly accelerate as so many in the world are taking advantage of both the free and cheap facilities. The range of devices has also uptick'ed. IBM, as quiet as they are in the news, is the most advanced, yet obscure of all of the AI vendors.

Very neat stuff

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

Very neat stuff

the last time you posted in this thread, you made some intriguing assertations. I am still hoping you can explain......

I heard a speech on youtube the other day. It was adolph hitler delivering a tirade in english. "AI translated" from the german, and it sounded quite like the film clips from the 30'S in demeanor.
But I am not fluent in german so I have no idea if the translation was accurate, and after seeing the recent AI generated pictures of historical figures with politically correct but laughable errors, maybe one should take the "translations" with a grain of salt.

Last edited by williwaw on Wed May 15, 2024 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Hello @williwaw
I am not sure what you are posting. From the expression of gcmartin ??? to your very last phrase.

You seem bent of something, personal. Hoping you see all that I have presented as it intends to be informational. Not directional as it does NOT direct anyone to do anything.

There are governments in the world taking steps as this new ability available free to mankind will be used.

If you're looking for someone to object to, please look elsewhere.

Enjoy!

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

Clarity wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:11 am

Hello @williwaw
I am not sure what you are posting.

a request for you to follow up on a previous assertation made viewtopic.php?p=115429#p115429

and an observation about current AI usages.

I have edited out your name in my previous post, my apologies if you found it offensive.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

I still dont get it. What are you after?

I, like many/most/all of us, had a Primary/High-School/College classes explaining nature. I am a learner from that class, too.

AI is a merely a catalog of knowledge with tools being designed to give access to it. As you and many of us are aware, it is use to assist in medicines, agriculture, research, etc.

Efforts are underway to ensure the body of knowledge it has is verifiable and evidenced based (data) knowledge.

In trying to understand your prior post, I'm guessing you have a concern about misuse of its tools to mislead mankind..."guessing, of course". If that's what you are getting at, I, too share that concern as those kinds of use serve to degrade our human experience, IMHO. But, this paragraph from me is a mere opinion.

Anyway, again, my opinion is NOT a content in the vast knowledge base of AI and shouldn't be. The LMs should be based upon evidence of something that is verifiable, real, and based in fact. And, IMHO, IT SHOULD Not based on my beliefs, nor have ANYTHING at all of a belief. My opinions and beliefs are not all based in fact/data which can be verified.

I hope you find this answer satisfactory.

BTW: What would your answer be to that link you post. I'm interested to listen.

Grey

Post by Grey »

Not directional as it does NOT direct anyone to do anything.
There are governments in the world taking steps as this new ability available free to mankind will be used.

This is exactly the whole point of what is happening. No one is responsible for anything and does not address people directly. "Man, did you buy a piece of crap you didn't need and sleep with some guy? Come on, we didn't advise you directly, but just told you how you can live in theory!"
-----|
AI will be free only for certain purposes.
There is still something to work on. Have you heard about two recent cases with smart speakers?
In the USA, such a thing invited a girl to take part in an activity that AI "found on the Internet". "Plug the phone charger into the socket halfway, and then attach a coin to the protruding contacts"🪙⚡️

The second case is in Russia. The girl asked the smart speaker why in the famous cartoon a little girl👧🏻 lives with a former circus Bear🐻 and is constantly naughty. AI replied that "she's just the ghost👻 of a murdered girl and that's why she's not growing up and only animals can see her. The parents could not stand the loss of their child and left, leaving an empty house. And Masha torments the bear, because it was he who took her life, that is, killed her" :!:
The creators of the cartoon and the girl's parents were shocked ;)

Now it seems that both countries have fixed these specific cases. But there are a lot of interesting things ahead of us ;)

williwaw wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:19 am

I heard a speech on youtube the other day. It was adolph hitler delivering a tirade in english. "AI translated" from the german, and it sounded quite like the film clips from the 30'S in demeanor.

There are channels like Hitler Rants Parodies on YT. It parodies how Hitler calls Biden, Trump, Putin and so on. AI will be used more widely there.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Grey wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:40 am

Not directional as it does NOT direct anyone to do anything.

This is exactly the whole point of what is happening. No one is responsible for anything and does not address people directly. "Man, did you buy a piece of crap you didn't need and sleep with some guy? Come on, we didn't advise you directly, but just told you how you can live in theory!"
-----|

Are these 2 statements related or are you upset with something else? If so explain why you are expressing this as I am 'thick' and am missing your point in your statement as you may be taking things out of context. Then again, maybe I am.

If there is no point, disregard my question.

Further, if you feel that the information provided that new announcements have occurred, that should NOT be a problem to anyone, much less you or I.

Again, there is an alarming amount of misinformation being batted around like a beach ball in a crowd at a concert. There are good uses of those tools and there are bad uses. The technology continues to evolve. In my view, we are, now, in round 3.

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

Clarity wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 6:12 am

BTW: What would your answer be to that link you post. I'm interested to listen.

Asserting a technological design basis for the existence of mankind makes me wonder if you are refering to Ideas similar to those proposed by Arthur C Clark and popularized by Stanley Kubrick about firstborns traveling the universe and leaving behind monoliths for australopithecines to discover. It seems a reasonable speculation about someone who often espouses technology as being able to benefit mankind....

But you assert Elon Musk wants to use technology to control the world and monolopize this technology towards his nefarious ends....... but then again, that could be one of your beliefs that have no basis in fact. and certianly doesnt seem congruent with what the firstborns were all about....

so rather than speculate, its easier to just ask you "who's design is this?"

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

Grey wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:40 am

how Hitler calls Biden, Trump, Putin and so on. AI will be used more widely there.

Yes, we have an election coming up here. My boots are ready no matter how deep the BS gets

Return to “Off-Topic Area”