EasyVoid Package Updates?

Moderator: BarryK

scsijon

EasyVoid Package Updates?

Post by scsijon »

What do we do about updates for packages in EasyVoid when it's the Void end that needs updating?
For instance one of the main packages I use "Opentoonz" I see is listed at 1.6.0 (from April 2022) in your Packages-void-current, whereas the latest working release is actually 1.7.1 (from May 2023) and a new release 1.8.0 is due to be cut very soon.
There are a number of other packages also in this state. ? :?: Could EasyOS have a single-point-of-cross-referance between EasyVoid and Void or do we need to individually also join their system to notify them about the problem packages?

BarryK

Re: EasyVoid Package Updates?

Post by BarryK »

easyVoid installs from the Void repos, so we are dependent on them keeping packages up to date.

I suppose that we could get involved with their package maintenance.

scsijon

Re: EasyVoid Package Updates?

Post by scsijon »

I thought you may already have arranged a contact point with a void dev for problems when you decided to use void as a base for EasyVoid. Therefore there would already have been a single-point-of-contact between the two groups. That person would be therefore become the logical point to contact initially as to the process for updating. Similarly to as we have Rene for T2.

Return to “EasyOS”