Live Streaming System

amethyst

Live Streaming System

Post by amethyst »

This is my personalised version of one of these live tv streaming sites so sharing to those that may be interested. What I wanted to do is to minimalise the security risks of using these sites and also make it user friendly by giving direct links which will open immediately in your browser (embedded). This saves you from visiting the sites and going through all the steps to get to the streaming content eventually. Attached a zip file. It contains a folder and two html files. Unzip all to the same location of your choice. Open the TV Streaming Guide html file with your browser. I suggest that you then save it as a bookmark like I did. Import the Alternative Links html file with your browser's bookmarks manager.

Notes:

1. This plays directly in your browser so you don't need to install/use an external player.
  2. These streaming sites can be risky to use in terms of content and legally (may be banned in your country) so use totally at your own risk. Make sure you have a good ad blocker at least.
Attachments
Streaming.zip
(53.64 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Last edited by amethyst on Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Grey

Re: Live Streaming System

Post by Grey »

amethyst wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:16 pm

in terms of content

I looked at the page in Geany.
I use lists and playlists from here and from here mostly. Radio playlists here.

The problem is that they show about the same shit all over the world :) Just by buying licenses from each other, like with the worldwide Voice show. Yes, the participants and presenters are different, but the essence is still the same.
What can you do, you have to raise the pirate flag and watch old movies in other ways.

Oh, by the way. I've been wanting to tell everyone in the Media section for a long time what three improvements need to be added to mpv to turn it into a "formidable machine" for watching and listening to content :) But I still can't get my hands on it.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Added a new zip file which also contain a meta folder which will make it possible to also search alphabetically.

sucuklu yumurta

Post by sucuklu yumurta »

240 million devices coming to use as IPTV players with mpv :lol:
https://habr.com/ru/news/782782

Acer Aspire One AO751h Netbook Intel Atom CPU Z520 1.33 GHz:1-1 core 2 GB+2 GB Swap SSD. Sony 5200 mAh: BullseyePup 9.1.0 Lite on Kingston SSD Frugal
Acer Aspire 3 A315-58-34HD 8 GB DDR4 4.10 GHz Intel Core i3-1115G4 CPU 2-4 128 GB SSD: BookwormPup64

Grey

Post by Grey »

sucuklu yumurta wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:31 am

240 million devices coming to use as IPTV players with mpv :lol:
https://habr.com/ru/news/782782

Well, we still have to live until the autumn of 2025 :) And maybe Windows 10 will prolong its life there. In any case, the authors of the article do not believe that there will be so many mpv users. All these devices will end up in suburban garbage dumps (end of the global Ecology) 8-)

But in general, Puppy Linux has a chance. Unless, of course, all these devices fall into the hands of insidious Ubuntu followers who install VLC :lol:

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@Grey

Oh, by the way. I've been wanting to tell everyone in the Media section for a long time what three improvements need to be added to mpv to turn it into a "formidable machine" for watching and listening to content :) But I still can't get my hands on it.

Do you want to share with us firstly the 3 recommendations?

Also, is the source code not available to you?

Grey

Post by Grey »

Jasper wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:20 am

Do you want to share with us firstly the 3 recommendations?

Done. viewtopic.php?p=106688#p106688
But you forced me into a short version of the bacchanal :)

Jasper wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:20 am

Also, is the source code not available to you?

And in this case, I didn't even understand what the question was about :)

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@Grey
Firstly, thank you :thumbup:

The second question was in regards to your comment:

But I still can't get my hands on it.

I thought you were not able to obtain the files eg mpv

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Did some more work on this. See first post for new download.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Those who don't have the fastest connections can try this site: https://thetvapp.to/tv. Some popular streams in lower resolution but very stable. Tip: Zooming the web page with 50% (150% setting) will still give you good picture and acceptable size for viewing.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

I've concluded this project so this will be the final offering. All the streaming links (in both the big guide as well as the additional list) will now open directly in the browser (embedded). This has been hard work but I think well worth the effort. Just hope the links stay valid for a long time to make it worthwhile. See first post for new zip file.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

amethyst wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:00 am

Those who don't have the fastest connections can try this site: https://thetvapp.to/tv. Some popular streams in lower resolution but very stable. Tip: Zooming the web page with 50% (150% setting) will still give you good picture and acceptable size for viewing.

I see they now offer this with higher resolution streams. This is a good alternative site because it's from a totally different source and use a different player. The links seem very stable to me. It works for me when others are down on other servers.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@amethyst The streams are working really well here in Connecticut. The link https://thetvapp.to/tv is very stable.

Return to “Off-Topic Area”