BookwormPup64_10.0.4 As Qemu Virtual Machine Mouse Cursor Problems

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

JusGellin

BookwormPup64_10.0.4 As Qemu Virtual Machine Mouse Cursor Problems

Post by JusGellin »

I have two monitors for my computer such that from a virtual machine I can go freely between a virtual machine and the host desktop or another virtual machine with a mouse. I'm using Linux qemu kvm management for my virtual machines.

When I installed PuppyBookworm64 as a virtual machine, it immediately captured the mouse cursor so it can't escape the monitor it is in. I saw on top it indicated using control L + alt L should release it, but it doesn't. I tried looking at mouse settings but it didn't have anything to help. Nothing seems to help. After trying to unsuccessfully research this, I decided to install another Puppy Linux to try this.
So I installed FossaPup64CE as a virtual machine. It didn't have that problem. It works like other Linux virtual machines I installed just like I would expect.
What can be done or is there some setting that can be used to make the mouse cursor move in and out of the BookWormPup Display?
Thanks
JusGellin

Last edited by bigpup on Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling correction
Geek3579

Re: BookwormPop64_10.0.4 As Qemu Virtual Machine Mouse Cursor Problems

Post by Geek3579 »

Can you PLS post your QEMU script.

Also, are you using a touchpad or mouse ??

JusGellin

Re: BookwormPop64_10.0.4 As Qemu Virtual Machine Mouse Cursor Problems

Post by JusGellin »

I use virt-manager to install. So I'll look to see where the qemu install information is. Do you know where I can find this?

As I was looking to find the qemu files and logs, I realized I gave up too quickly on this, thinking it was more complicated than it was. I have a laptop running virt-manager that I decided to install BookwomPup64 on that didn't act this way. So I decided to go back to my main PC where the problem was and do a new install of this. Of course that one doesn't have the problem. So it's indicating it was just a bad install.

At least this is helping me get more experience working with this. Do you know where I can look for the qemu files that it takes for the installation of these? I would like to learn how to do this with qemu as well.

Thanks for helping me realize I need to look further before needing help by just asking for more information. As I look at the new install of this on my main PC that's running right now, I see it is working fine.

Geek3579

Re: BookwormPup64_10.0.4 As Qemu Virtual Machine Mouse Cursor Problems

Post by Geek3579 »

I am not familiar with Virt-Manager, just AQEMU, which has an option to display the qemu script. Maybe virt-manager has this facility also. worth checking.

Return to “Beginners Help”