Touchpad settings manager doesn't work

Moderator: Forum moderators

Maybe

Touchpad settings manager doesn't work

Post by Maybe »

Touchpad settings manager doesn't work.

Hello! I tried setting up the touchpad on my Lenovo x201 laptop using a graphical touchpad setup program. Unfortunately, this utility does not open. Then I tried to run it in the terminal.

Here's what I saw:

Code: Select all

# flsynclient 

(gtk2dialog:11810): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 07:57:03.122: IA__gtk_spin_button_new_with_range: assertion 'step != 0.0' failed

(gtk2dialog:11810): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 07:57:03.122: IA__gtk_spin_button_set_value: assertion 'GTK_IS_SPIN_BUTTON (spin_button)' failed
ERROR:variables.c:187:variables_new_with_widget: assertion failed: (widget != NULL)
# EXIT="Exit on timeout"

Please help me configure the touchpad in BW64

From Dmitry (Russia)

radky

Re: Touchpad settings manager doesn't work

Post by radky »

@Maybe

In BW64, flsynclient is a symlink to psynclient which is a simple gtkdialog frontend for the synclient utility that modulates Synaptics TouchPad functions in the XOrg desktop environment.

Several gtkdialog spinbutton widgets in psynclient use floating point values which default to '.' (dot) as the decimal separator.

However, this can be problematic for users in locales that use ',' (comma) as the decimal separator, in which case the gtkdialog spinbutton widget will fail with the errors that you describe -- and psynclient will not launch.

Please try the following:

Load /usb/bin/psynclient in a text editor (geany/leafpad) and add the following line near the top of the script (line 15 would be OK):

export LC_NUMERIC=C

It would look like this:

Code: Select all

13 export GTKDIALOG
15 export LC_NUMERIC=C
17 #define title-bar icon

If the above does not work for you, BW64 also supports libinput for touchpad control as follows:

To enable the Libinput Touchpad Manager, go to Menu -> Setup -> Puppy Setup -> Mouse / Keyboard button -> click the configuration button (lower right) -> select Libinput Touchpad Manager -> reboot.

Return to “BookwormPup”