Easy OS multisession optical disc: how to turn the EasyOS .img into an .iso?

Moderator: BarryK

catacombs

Easy OS multisession optical disc: how to turn the EasyOS .img into an .iso?

Post by catacombs »

I have a friend who wanted me to explain how to securely do banking on an older laptop. The individual hates Windows 10. Loves their Windows 7. I felt Easy OS in a multi-session, with a bit of care in not using the optical disc for anything but banking, would be a good option. Easy OS Linux in that it has a easy to use wireless connection program.

Long ago, I had discovered that to create a Multi-Session DVD (such as 4.7 GB DVD+R) on a laptop, one needed to first create the multi-session on a Desktop. I notice that Easy OS has the option to create a multi-session, from an .iso. To give this a try, I have been looking for how to translate the easy-5.5.5.img to an easy-5.5.5.iso.

I have spent several hours trying things which did not work in Ubuntu 23. I had also looked at Windows 10, for which the popularly mentioned program was PowerISO, that Windows says has Malware. (?)

I can use, for a while, another OS. Anyone have a reliable way to morph the latest EasyOS.img to EasyOS.ISO?

Thanks for any help.

williwaw

Re: Easy OS multisession optical disc

Post by williwaw »

Easy can be installed to a USB much easier.
the "Copy session to RAM & disable all drives" feature gives you the functionality you may be looking for.
https://bkhome.org/news/202008/save-ses ... n-ram.html

Flash

Re: Easy OS multisession optical disc: how to turn the .img into an .iso?

Post by Flash »

@catacombs, there are lots of current Puppys that come as .isos and would work just as well as EasyOS for your purpose. Bookworm 10.0.2 is just one.

Chaos coordinator :?
rockedge
Site Admin

Re: Easy OS multisession optical disc: how to turn the EasyOS .img into an .iso?

Post by rockedge »

Anyone have a reliable way to morph the latest EasyOS.img to EasyOS.ISO?

I might have one I experimented with. I will go through the steps again on a fresh version to see if EasyOS can be conveted into an ISO

Return to “EasyOS”