Audio not working on Asus Zenbook (running from USB

Moderator: BarryK

onehumankindness

Audio not working on Asus Zenbook (running from USB

Post by onehumankindness »

I boot the first time run from a usb and have saved successive sessions with the Desktop save shortcut.

I am now trying to get the sound to work. I used the configuration tool and it didn't help me produce sound (the problem lies between the keybord and chair-most likely)

Here's the infor on my card from LMDE 6
Audio:
Device-1: Intel Cannon Point-LP High Definition Audio vendor: ASUSTeK driver: snd_hda_intel
v: kernel bus-ID: 1-3.2:6 chip-ID: 19f7:0015 bus-ID: 00:1f.3 chip-ID: 8086:9dc8

Is there a special trick to get this working? I can easily make screen casts to spotlight my ineptitude in this new learning process :lol:

Not sure if this is TMI but here's lspci -vv:

Attachments
LSPCI.txt
(19.87 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Flash

Re: Audio not working on Asus Zenbook (running from USB

Post by Flash »

Menu -> Setup -> Multiple sound card wizard...What sound cards are listed? If just the one, try clicking on it to choose it, then click the Set Default Device button, then the Test Sound button. Does anything good happen?

Also, double check your connections. I once spent a week trying to get the sound working, including reinstalling Windows, before seeing that I had the speakers plugged into the microphone jack. :cry:

Chaos coordinator :?
onehumankindness

Post by onehumankindness »

Flash wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:14 am

Menu -> Setup -> Multiple sound card wizard...What sound cards are listed? If just the one, try clicking on it to choose it, then click the Set Default Device button, then the Test Sound button. Does anything good happen?

Also, double check your connections. I once spent a week trying to get the sound working, including reinstalling Windows, before seeing that I had the speakers plugged into the microphone jack. :cry:

Check all that was listed in the wizard, multiple times before asking. Thanks for the response

Caramel

Post by Caramel »

@onehumankindness , could you please share the file mscw.report.txt

On the Multiple Sound Card Wizard GUI click on the Report button to generate it, see https://bkhome.org/news/202305/multiple ... -text.html for a picture with the button.
(NB : after its creation this file is temporarily accessible in /tmp/mscw)

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

Does the sound icon in the tray show as muted (with an "x" on it)?
If so, middle-mouse-button click on it, to toggle muted, then try the MSCW again.

Also, maybe this will help:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=255468

And:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=341085

Return to “EasyOS”